Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Official Belfry vs. Johnson Central Crow Eating Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EKY Sportster Wrote:I feel sorry for all teams heading to the Nest this season. It will take a team like Highlands to give JC a game and possibly beat them given the way they are playing right now. If JC keeps their focus, they will be tough.

kybaseball Wrote:I feel sorry for Belfry.

Elm street Wrote:Jc is huge!! the biggest 11 players I have evere saw in high school. great game. honestly, I think every team on the way to louisville will just be another speed bump. good luck!

Diogenes Wrote:This year, Dustin May is not around to make every single play on both sides of the ball like last year.

GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Johnson Central 35

Belfry 14

blue60 Wrote:J.C. 42 Belfry 18 . J.C. is much better than last year. Dont think Belfry is close to what they had in years past.

Mr. 15th Region Wrote:JC wins this game by 3 scores... Belfry has tradition however they do not have the strong line that JC has on both sides of the ball.

slingblade93 Wrote:JC wins by two td's if not more. Belfry will not be able to run on the defense, and I don't think that Belfry can stop Jc's Offense. Belfry is a good team just not as good as usual. Both should go far in the playoffs, good luck to both.

jgrubby Wrote:I think Belfry is in for a real test. Johnson Central is out of thier league. Belfry just doesn't have the ability to hang this year. This will be a repeat of the Ashland game. Good luck to both teams.

JC - 42
Belfry - 14

bigworm Wrote:JC's offense if just to powerful. every aspesct of football was there last night when they beat a pretty good ashland team i went to that game and trust me if jc plays like they did last night they will be takin home some hardware... as for Belfry@JCHS
Belfry-14
JCHS-35

FBALL Wrote:Johnson Central 28
Belfry 7
sc74 Wrote:Jc 35 belfry 14 JC is way to much for belfry to handle.:rockon:

madmann1 Wrote:IMO, Belfry will have Major trouble stopping JC's High powered offence, the defence of belfry is to weak,We saw that last night with east carter. JC's defence looks like Belfry's from last year,AWSOME,but Even better!!!! I say the score will be: 42-21 Johnson central!

jgrubby Wrote:UHM sure.....I think this thread is starting to remind me of the SC thread when they played JC.....This will be a reality check for Belfry. Hope I am wrong but I don't think they have what it takes to play them. The fan base is awesome. But the ability just won't make it. Belfry hasn't had a real game as of yet.

kybaseball Wrote:Belfry will get a education in hardknocks this coming Friday.

the hammer Wrote:ok here we go belfry, who have they played this year,no one .so now come on down to the nest,and and see what a real football team looks like,welcome.

kranky Wrote:I've been reading some of this stuff and I can tell you now that JC wins this easily by a solid 2 td.s Gonna be a long night for some of the Belfry fans.

kranky Wrote:Belfry gonna be darn lucky to put points on the board, let alone score 20. It ain't happening this year. You can bet your bottom dollar on that on.

Pupaw Wrote:This one's gonna be a very physical game. I'll take the Eagles, 31-10

kranky Wrote:Boyz and girlz, JC is going to wear Belfry out. Ya'll can say what you want but this game isn't going to be close.

If...Then Wrote:Belfry isnt the team they were last year, and JC is better than they were last year.

JC by 3 TD's

Superman20 Wrote:JC-28
Belfry-7

schs_06 Wrote::thatsfunn:moon: Just cant get it in your head can you. Belfry fans can say what they want. Jc is going to were Belfry out in this one. 2 diffrent teams from last year.

JC 3 TD's

Mr. Sandwich Wrote:JC once again rolls. Any team that struggles against a HORRIBLE Lawrence County team will struggle against a team that is clicking on all cylinders like the Eagles. I'm not even going to make a prediction. I will let the final score speak for itself.

Joe the Plumber Wrote:I can't wait to make the drive down for this one, even though I believe JC is a cut above this year. Even with a comfortable lead, I think Matney gives 1st team all 4 quarters. Probably something they have only had 1 or 2 games this year. A little stamina boost before the playoffs.
JC 54
Belfry 20

MatneysManiac Wrote:okay, this one is for all you pirate fans who cant let go that you're beloved pirates have had a heck of a tradition. quit talking bout last yr and the yrs in the past, u all come back at me and say u dont but listen to ur own posts, last yr we beat central, central is 0-23 against us, who cares? lets just see who is crying friday nights, and i agree belfry does have good fan support but they will get lost in black and gold friday night, i have at least 15 family members coming in from 3 different states for this one and im just one player, we'll see who has the biggest crowd and we'll see how the score settles, enjoy

eaglesalltheway Wrote:Central 48 ---- Belfry 7

As of 9:30 Monday morning this is all the Pro-Eagle Crow Candidates.

Looks like Russell fans have a vested interest and apparently alot of hopes that Belfry is down this year.

JC fans have been rather respectful, most of the boldest predictions come from other teams' followers.

Now for Pro-Belfry crow candidates....
If Belfry wins, I will be the very first to eat crow.
i am not a Belfry or JC fan, but i will say this the staff at Belfry will have the team ready and when you back a dog in the corner it will fight with every thing it has, good luck to both teams but it will not be easy JC.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:But Belfry possesses something that Johnson Central has never had........................THE LEGEND, THE ONE AND ONLY.....................PHILIP HAYWOOD!!!!!!

Nobody can compete with that, but best of luck I can't wait to see this game next week. GO BELFRY PIRATES!!!!!!:rockon: :devilflam

BelfryJustice Wrote:Belfry better be the focus of the Eagles this week or it could end up as a repeat of last year. I also said that Belfry's D might be a big question mark. I know that Matney scores a lot of points with his offense design and has always; however, he has struggled in the past with putting up the same huge numbers when it comes to the Belfry games. :yikes:

allseasonfan Wrote:No one can argue with the fact that Coach Haywood has Mr. Matney's number. Kinda like Obe wan Kenobe verses Young Luke Skywalker.

HarleyD Wrote:This sounds alot like last year when Central made Coach Haywood and his boys should just stay home this coming Friday night and let Johnson Central celebrate a victory without even playing a football game. Big Grin came to Belfry and got beat. The Pirates will take away the outside run from the Golden Eagles and show Eastern Kentucky who is still King of the Mountain around Eastern Kentucky.

There is no home field advantage when you play the Belfry Pirates. Ask Sheldon Clark, Mboro, Erlanger, Russell and Somerset to just name a few. The Angry Red Nation will be their Friday night to cheer on the Pirates and I can just about bet they will equal if not outnumber the Central fans on their own turf.

You can say what you want, this is all about opinions from fans and players of the past. Belfry is still Belfry and they don't have the #1 ranking in class 3A for nothing. Central is going to have a battle on their hands this week and in the end, IMO, get handed their first loss of the season.

GO BIG RED!!!

~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:I am not concerned at all with our lines on both sides of the ball. Yes it might take our defensive line a play or two to warm up, they are still SMOKIN' As for our offensive line...These guys are like "a band of brothers" and those holes WILL open...the PASS PROTECTION is there. I agree that BELFRY's schedule has been somewhat soft, but I dont see how you can say that a big 5A team like Central has a tougher one...For instance they beat Breathitt (right)...so what! This is a team that was beaten by P'Burg and P'Burg barely pulled out the Shelby Valley Game win..No disrespect intended, but let's be serious folks...Stop the bad mouthing and play the game on the field...lol...These boys work hard! (Both Central and Belfry) Give them the credit that's due and allow them to play the game on the field not this thread!
Belfry 49 Central 35

Belfry0304 Wrote:Johnson Central's stats kill Belfry's. They're the number one rushing team in the nation according to someone on here, and their schedule is tougher than Belfry's... Belfry might be in for some trouble. But wait! There's a few non-players first who might object to that. Phillip Haywood and Steve Mickey. All this talk of Belfry getting smashed... I promise you our coaches see it. All your doing is firing Coach Rowe up...
I advise against doing so.

Johnson Central's played a tough schedule, but have they faced anyone as physical as this Belfry team? These guys love to hit. Trust me, losing Dustin May hurt... but not that bad! We've still got the backs. You want smacked in the mouth? Charlie Dotson. You want outran? Thomas Varney. You want both? Ivan Lee. Don't get me wrong either, Thomas will be glad to smack you in the mouth and Charlie probably can outrun most of these guys.

and despite the contrary belief... we do have the ability to pass. Drew Elkins is 29-39 this year, zero interceptions, and six touchdowns. Not that many passes because we haven't had to. Remember Thomas Varney? He catches too... 3 touchdown catches on the year. The only thing we lost on offense is Jimbo Stanley... and all that helps for Johnson Central is the equipment crew, they don't have to buy new facemasks for everyone he blocks. Cameron's pretty reliable.

Now the rushing boys for Central. 400 yards per game. #1 in the nation. Deemed unstoppable... Enter #63. He can overpower you and has the speed of a halfback, not to mention the rest of the defensive line. If you're lucky enough to make it past them, you'll be met by Charlie Dotson. Good luck getting much farther. Oh, and Cory plays tackle too... big improvement over Roid in my opinion...

Every single person on this team will need to contribute. Even though I didn't mention names, every one of them is needed. In the end, this team has too much talent for Johnson Central, you have to decide who to stop and how to stop them because everyone in the backfield is two dimensional. The defense is lined with talent, speed, and strength. Together with our coaches Johnson Central is up for a let down.

Belfry lays the hits, and prevails. 31-14.

Belfry0304 Wrote:Fine, I'll base it off the fact we stomped them last year after the same talk and they don't have our talent.

hoghead08 Wrote:When was the last time Belfry has had a team score 40 or more points on them? If JC scores 40 points or more on Belfry it will be the first time in years Belfry has allowed that many points. If JC scores more than 2 TDs they will be doing more than i expected.

Belfry-27
JC-13

Now for equality purposes, the Pro-Belfry posts.

Belfry fans seem to be defending comments more than making them. Also a reoccuring theme of using ast year's game.
I don't know that I would call this the Crow Eating thread. Sounds more like the Great locker room material thread.
tradition Wrote:I don't know that I would call this the Crow Eating thread. Sounds more like the Great locker room material thread.

If that's the case, Belfry could probably fill up their lockerroom as well as the basketball teams', the volleyball teams', and even Davey Jones' locker under the sea.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If that's the case, Belfry could probably fill up their lockerroom as well as the basketball teams', the volleyball teams', and even Davey Jones' locker under the sea.

Hey EKU, wouldn't that be David Jones locker, Ha Ha. Oh wait his is at UK.
If you're a JC fan, as I am, and you think this game is going to be easy.....you're joking yourself. This is going to be nothing short of a war. Belfry is by far the best team we will have seen all year. If we don't come ready to play it will be a replay of last year. I predict a score within 7 points.

Remember JC is like 0-25 against Belfry.

I'm also not real sure if everyone who is posting blow-out predictions are associated with JC. I think there's a conspiracy afloat. LOL
Keepnitreal Wrote:If you're a JC fan, as I am, and you think this game is going to be easy.....you're joking yourself. This is going to be nothing short of a war. Belfry is by far the best team we will have seen all year. If we don't come ready to play it will be a replay of last year. I predict a score within 7 points.

I'm also not real sure if everyone who is posting blow-out predictions are associated with JC. I think there's a conspiracy afloat. LOL

I think this is a nice post. I really believe this is gonna be a good game. I think it could go three ways. 1)JC's line dominates both sides of the ball and JC wins big. 2) Neither team plays real well and JC wins a pretty close game, say 28-17 or 28-21, or 3) Belfry wins a close one,28-27 or 27-22. BTW, does anyone know the real record of Belfry versus JC. To me, it does not matter, especially this year, but I have seen 25-0 and 23-0, but the Belfry season program has Belfry 24-0. It lists Belfry's all-time record against all teams. It would be nice if someone had the complete list of all the Belfry versus JC games with the scores and years played.
Keepnitreal Wrote:If you're a JC fan, as I am, and you think this game is going to be easy.....you're joking yourself. This is going to be nothing short of a war. Belfry is by far the best team we will have seen all year. If we don't come ready to play it will be a replay of last year. I predict a score within 7 points.

Lots of love from Russell and Sheldon Clark it appears...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lots of love from Russell and Sheldon Clark it appears...

Only 3 from Russell.....Smile
Midee1 Wrote:Only 3 from Russell.....Smile

kybaseball X 2
FBALL
jgrubby X2
GOREDDEVILS

6 of the 27 posts listed...
If anyone is interested I knows several different ways to prepare crow.Big Grin Big Grin

If Belfry wins I will eat my share,Untill if and when they play Russell.

Like I said it isn't bad once you get past the feathers.Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:kybaseball X 2
FBALL
jgrubby X2
GOREDDEVILS

6 of the 27 posts listed...

kybaseball x3

I hope EKU can handle Belfry going down.:mad:
kybaseball Wrote:kybaseball x3

I hope EKU can handle Belfry going down.:mad:

Smile Sounds good man....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Shame on the Devils then... Smile
kybaseball is more of a Russell fan than most anyone on here.. he is the one of the few who has stayed positive it seems through all this "playcalling, personnell, and leadership" talk and continued to support "the best team around these parts" .Smile

I do what I can.Big Grin

Laugh now at Russell we will see who is laughing in a couple of weeks.Wink
I like JC in the game, but their fans are making me want a Pirate victory.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I like JC in the game, but their fans are making me want a Pirate victory.

C'mon, don't judge them too quick..it's only Monday!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Shame on the Devils then... Smile
kybaseball is more of a Russell fan than most anyone on here.. he is the one of the few who has stayed positive it seems through all this "playcalling, personnell, and leadership" talk and continued to support "the best team around these parts" .Smile
EKUAlum05, tell us your prediction of the Johnson Central and Belfry game. Do you think the line will hold the Eagle to minimum amount of yards? Do you think they (Belfry) will put more up against them then anyone else? Some of us have given a truthful judgement. Did the same for the Sheldon Clark fans, who had to see to believe. This will be a great game all the way up till the kick off!

:BigLaugh:
Belfry will come in ready to play and show you that they will not be taken likely and will not have put up with the disrespect that is given to them in this thread and past threads. Belfry has tradition, it is year in and year out that Belfry has a good team and have not disappointed anyone. You all may say JC will win big but this is a team just identical to JC that will hit you in the mouth just as well so its going to be a close game. I think ivan lee will make a difference in this game. But this Belfry team will air the ball out a little more and i believe that gives them the edge in this game.
jgrubby Wrote:EKUAlum05, tell us your prediction of the Johnson Central and Belfry game and I will cook the crow myself. As it looks, all you are doing is defending the Pirates. Go out on a limb with your infinite wisdom and tell us what you think of this game. Give us a score too. Do you think the line will hold the Eagle to minimum amount of yards? Do you think they (Belfry) will put more up against them then anyone else? Some of us have given a truthful judgement. Did the same for the Sheldon Clark fans, who had to see to believe. This will be a great game all the way up till the kick off!

:BigLaugh:

Glad you asked...post #147 in the Johnson Central vs. Belfry thread. To save you time:

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's my prediction for this game:
- Fast moving
- Fairly low scoring
- Hard hitting
- Well Coached
- Loud

The good news for all the people who have attacked Belfry's schedule:
This will be the game that Belfry is actually hampered because of their light schedule!

The bad news for those same people:
After this game Belfry will know exactly what they have and will be prepared for a long playoff run

I would love to take my Pirates, but I think JC will b a little too tough at home and Matney would probably choose being a 4 seed in his district if it meant beating Belfry and getting that respect for his kids.

JC 21
Belfry 10

Think this qualifies as an honest assessment?Wink I am glad you respect my "infinite wisdom". You'll really love it in Round 2 of the playoffs when I actually show Russell respect even though I feel Belfry will be the favorite.

As for your other questions:
Belfry will hold them to their lowest yardage total of the season and lowest point total. Part of that being because the clock will constantly be moving due to both teams' styles. JC won't be rolling off the monster gains against Belfry and vice versa. I also see these same factors effecting Belfry's scoring, and thus why they will not put up a bunch of points.

There is nothing that tells me Belfry should outright win this game, but there is also nothignt hat suggests JC should blow the Pirates out like some expect.
:letsparty :letsparty
EKUAlum05 Wrote:C'mon, don't judge them too quick..it's only Monday!
...LOL....Tell ya what...I will eat my crow if necessary and I didn't even refer to the "Last years spanking." I know this one will be a war and I have a son on that LINE...there are several of those boys that are just like mine. These boys are very close and to be honest...they aren't entirely worried about this game. It is their mind-set, they are getting ready for play off action. This game simply means a W or L in a column and to be honest going to the championship undefeated wasnt all that it was cracked up to be...LOL..However..I did emphasize to the four sophomores that I drove through Hardees this morning that they need to get their head in the game...LOL..or I would have tons of crow to eat now....hehehe..specially from yesterday!!! And again Good Luck to both teams for a very successfull play off season..:letsparty
Yes it does. After I read it I tried to edit my post. LOL. I guess we will see who's eating with who come Friday!!!
jgrubby Wrote:Yes it does. After I read it I tried to edit my post. LOL. I guess we will see who's eating with who come Friday!!!

Smile Now you see why I started this thread... this way all the people who want to talk big can easily be accountable on both sides, and it WILL be updated later this week. I just want to save people some time when it is time for dinner late Friday night whether it is Belfry or JC who is at the table.
Great thread, lol!!!
Can't we all just get along? lol....ok ok..Belfry may have "spanked" the Eagles last year. They (Eagles) will NOT be spanked again...at least not by Belfry.
For those that are saying the Eagles have the big head and they think they can't be beat...you are so wrong. Both teams are talented and like I said before, our team does respect the Pirates. I'm picking the Eagles to win this one...bais maybe...but ..the Eagles are hungry this year.. they have fire in their eyes and a hunger in their heart..win or lose Friday night ..Belfry will have respect for the Eagles...I'll guarantee that. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.Big Grin
I don't eat no crow without TEXAS PETE HOT SAUCE!

Now with that being said, I ain' eatin just any ole kind of crow.
More crow for you ... Belfry will get slaughtered ... except I won't be the one eatting it
Count in Ring Em Up. He will eat anything.... crow, possum, you just name it.

Smile Smile Smile
THOMCAT Wrote:Count in Ring Em Up. He will eat anything.... crow, possum, you just name it.

Smile Smile Smile
Don't forget wool.:ilikeit:

:roses:
Pages: 1 2 3