Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Landon Slone: Gillispie Comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slone, the latest in a line of standout players from Paintsville (following John Pelphrey, Todd Tackett and J.R. VanHoose), has already made a winning impression on Gillispie despite this being the first semester of his freshman year. "He may be the toughest kid we have," said the UK coach, a Texan who prefers rawhide over peachy smooth. "There's no quit in him. He's tougher than nails."

As if on cue, Slone played on after diving for a loose ball and taking a Krebs shoulder to the face.

"Just being out there is the best feeling in the world," Slone said. "... I just want to help the team any way I can. Make defensive stops. Make three-pointers. If it's getting somebody water during a time out, that's what I can do."
Is there a link to this? I would love to watch it.
I read a few similar comments as well. I knew he would be one of the hardest workers on the team. And we saw if you work hard, you WILL play (Mark Coury). I wish Landon nothing but the best in Lexington!!!
Yeah I finally found the link to it. He had 6 points on 2-5 shooting in 14 minutes playing time.
Landon Slone has a bright future ahead of him.
Hopefully he won't turn out like Mark Coury...:o
THis kid really showed me some heart last night at the blue/white game. He played his heart out everytime he got in. I love seeing guys like that on the court.
-STAT- Wrote:Yeah I finally found the link to it. He had 6 points on 2-5 shooting in 14 minutes playing time.
He actually had 8 points...two 3's and a bank shot while driving to the basket....
Keep up the good work Landon.
NIKE2010 Wrote:Keep up the good work Landon.

Agreed!
:Thumbs:

Just watched the Blue/White Scrimmage replay on Fox sports South... Thought Landon played rather well. As far as walk-ons only Krebs may have had more pt than him. Slone also played more than quite a few of the schollys did. Gillespie will reward effort...and Landon will give it all he has.
Glad to see a Kentucky boy up there Big Grin ...Goodluck Landon!!!!!!
I knew he would work hard enough to see some playing time. Keep it up Landon. Good going. I noticed on the UK website that he played 8 mins during the Baptist game.
No wonder he is 1 of the hardest working players on the team, he is a walk on. He has to if he wants to see 5 seconds of playing time.
RavenBoy Wrote:No wonder he is 1 of the hardest working players on the team, he is a walk on. He has to if he wants to see 5 seconds of playing time.

Wouldn't matter if he is a walk on or if he was a scholarship player. He will work harder and show more heart than anyone on the team.
-STAT- Wrote:Wouldn't matter if he is a walk on or if he was a scholarship player. He will work harder and show more heart than anyone on the team.
I hope your not serious about that.
RavenBoy Wrote:I hope your not serious about that.

Yes the previous poster was SERIOUS! Slone is a hard worker---with a big heart that deperately wanted to play at UK---walkon or scholarship. You have "ragged' on Slone on several former threads if memory serves me correctly. Why the problem? Jealousy???? Can't we just wish others the best???
transplanttiger Wrote:Yes the previous poster was SERIOUS! Slone is a hard worker---with a big heart that deperately wanted to play at UK---walkon or scholarship. You have "ragged' on Slone on several former threads if memory serves me correctly. Why the problem? Jealousy???? Can't we just wish others the best???

It does no good to say anything to him/her. He is just a Lando hater. Who knows why????
Every time Lando gets to play, he prolly wakes up in the middle of the night kicking and screaming....lol. Just don't understand why some can't support all the kids from this area on their college endeavors.
Landon Slone's doing really good at UK. If I'm not mistaken he's had playing time in almost every game except for one r two so far.

I wish him the best of luck.
He played horrible that last game.