Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Referee's middle school games? GO DORTON
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I am the wife of a Pirate fan, as you know our middle school has had some ups and downs this year. First of all congrats to all of our middle school girls who have played hard this year and gave 100%. We have had a loseing season and it hurts. My daughter has been on the team since 6th grade. Her and her team mates have been through alot of JUNK since 6th grade. They have had 3 different coaches, the first coach had alot of support from the school and the area he had some very talented girls on the 8th grade team they went to state tournament. That year they didn't have hardly any B team games? So she sat on the bench with her team mates alot, didn't have alot of experience first time ever played ball in her life. 7th grade year had a really difficult year, alot of nonsense!!!! I hated that. Had a good A team coach won county. B team coach well enough of that part... that really had an impact on these girls none of these girls didn't want to play ball the parents had to beg 2 of the girls to play this year. I guess Iam a frustrated parent just trying to understand why when someone or some team is down it seems no one is there to support them. I am angry at how our school system seems so political...and how these baby girls Im including all middle school girls from all schools have to put up with refs who laugh in there face, and make crazy calls in these games my nerves are shot over how they let these refs let the girls play until they or some one gets hurt, it has turned into football. HELLOOO!!! what is happening does any care about our kids...My husband sat at a game this year at Dorton and one the refs told another parent "NO BLOOD NO FOUL I'm NOT STAYING HERE ALL NIGHT" how can someone say that about kids. I have witnessed our coach be humiliated at a game by the same ref for trying to call a time out, and 2 of the coaches from the other team standing on the court, scream and no technical, we were at Feds Creek and the same ref was there no technical on Kimper team for yelling from the bench every time we shot a free throw and every time we had the ball. Where we come from that is disrespectful. I think the BOE needs to look at these things and take care of our kids. I am no whining about our loss. I get upset when people are just doing something to look good and don't really care or think about the outcome. I know OUR GIRLS WERE BETTER THAN THE SCORES they gave there 100%. Iam very proud. I hope other parents will ban together on this thread and get the attention of BOE for the safety of our kids.
No licensed official should ever make the statement "No Blood, No Foul". I would report this incident to the Pike County BOE, KHSAA, and the NFHS. It is truly a violation when a licensed official makes such a statement. If several fans, coaches, parents heard this statement and would stand together against this official ( I doubt the official is licensed ). I would like to know his or her name. It is a shame that any official allows players to get hurt.
Crossbones Wrote:Well I am the wife of a Pirate fan, as you know our middle school has had some ups and downs this year. First of all congrats to all of our middle school girls who have played hard this year and gave 100%. We have had a loseing season and it hurts. My daughter has been on the team since 6th grade. Her and her team mates have been through alot of JUNK since 6th grade. They have had 3 different coaches, the first coach had alot of support from the school and the area he had some very talented girls on the 8th grade team they went to state tournament. That year they didn't have hardly any B team games? So she sat on the bench with her team mates alot, didn't have alot of experience first time ever played ball in her life. 7th grade year had a really difficult year, alot of nonsense!!!! I hated that. Had a good A team coach won county. B team coach well enough of that part... that really had an impact on these girls none of these girls didn't want to play ball the parents had to beg 2 of the girls to play this year. I guess Iam a frustrated parent just trying to understand why when someone or some team is down it seems no one is there to support them. I am angry at how our school system seems so political...and how these baby girls Im including all middle school girls from all schools have to put up with refs who laugh in there face, and make crazy calls in these games my nerves are shot over how they let these refs let the girls play until they or some one gets hurt, it has turned into football. HELLOOO!!! what is happening does any care about our kids...My husband sat at a game this year at Dorton and one the refs told another parent "NO BLOOD NO FOUL I'm NOT STAYING HERE ALL NIGHT" how can someone say that about kids. I have witnessed our coach be humiliated at a game by the same ref for trying to call a time out, and 2 of the coaches from the other team standing on the court, scream and no technical, we were at Feds Creek and the same ref was there no technical on Kimper team for yelling from the bench every time we shot a free throw and every time we had the ball. Where we come from that is disrespectful. I think the BOE needs to look at these things and take care of our kids. I am no whining about our loss. I get upset when people are just doing something to look good and don't really care or think about the outcome. I know OUR GIRLS WERE BETTER THAN THE SCORES they gave there 100%. Iam very proud. I hope other parents will ban together on this thread and get the attention of BOE for the safety of our kids.

I know exactly how you feel. When my son played Jr. High ball in the 7th grade we played a tournament over at Feds Creek. I KNOW without question who you are talking about as far as ref's go. NOT mentioning any names (by no means) but they WERE reported and nothing was done about it. To me, this is what causes hostility when the kids get older. They don't forget! Remembering things that happened when they were younger tends to build up and makes it harder when they get in high school. To come across -such and such- player who punched me in the face and didn't get called for a foul but I got thrown out for shoving back.... Stuff like this!!

If I'm not mistaken, when we left the basketball court that day we had 4 kids foul out, a total of 35 fouls called on the team as a whole, and the opposing team.... had 4 fouls!!! LOL.... IMHO... you gotta call em' like ya see em' and this was NOT a fairly called game either!!!
In the middle school games you do not have to be licensed. I am a licensed official in the 12th region and I see silly things as well but never "No blood No foul." I think they should do some type of screening for the middle school level before putting just anyone out there. If the ref isn't there to help the kids and is there just for the money you don't need them.
donnie355 Wrote:In the middle school games you do not have to be licensed. I am a licensed official in the 12th region and I see silly things as well but never "No blood No foul." I think they should do some type of screening for the middle school level before putting just anyone out there. If the ref isn't there to help the kids and is there just for the money you don't need them.

Nice post.....

But I have to add this.... WHY, if referee's don't have to be licensed for middle school/jr. high games do they (teams and schools) have to adhere to KHSAA rules? In my opinion... you can't half-way do something... if your gonna play by the rules on some situtations, then you need to on all situtations. I feel they should require that there be licensed ref's at any game above 6th grade. PERIOD! I do agree with you though that if they are there for the money, you don't need em'.
Yes i agree