Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the State Championship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have no Idea?
Its realy too early to pick a state champ but my number one pick is Scott County. With Euton, Jackson and Fallenery joining Phares and Lawn it will be tough to beat the Cards. Scott will at the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 29 so come out see them. I know they play Cov. Holmes in the second game of the year .:1:
I'll put my money on Scott County.
You forgot Northern Kentucky which would include Holmes, and I believe eighter Scott County or Holmes will win it all.
Scott County or Clark County.
too early
Is Clark county that good this year?
Jed Clampett Wrote:Its realy too early to pick a state champ but my number one pick is Scott County. With Euton, Jackson and Fallenery joining Phares and Lawn it will be tough to beat the Cards. Scott will at the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 29 so come out see them. I know they play Cov. Holmes in the second game of the year .:1:
Do you mean Guyn?
RavenBoy Wrote:Is Clark county that good this year?

GRC will be very good for the next 3 years. My picks are:

Holmes, Scott County, Jeffersontown, Manual, or GRC.
Madisonville
Hazard could make a run at it now. Stronger this year than last.
It is to early to tell but my jingle is on Scott County University.Big Grin
I hope an Eastern KY team, just because I'm from there and it gets old seeing the same ole Lexington/Louisville teams dominate it, that and I really like to see the teams that don't recruit (state funded schools) win it just to see all those teams who recruit players get beat by a team that didn't spend one red cent on recruiting, but those days are just about over with.
guyfawkes Wrote:I hope an Eastern KY team, just because I'm from there and it gets old seeing the same ole Lexington/Louisville teams dominate it, that and I really like to see the teams that don't recruit (state funded schools) win it just to see all those teams who recruit players get beat by a team that didn't spend one red cent on recruiting, but those days are just about over with.

I think most of the good eastern Kentucky teams get as many transfers as most of the good Lex/Lou teams.
Covington Holmes or Scott County
Elliott County is the only Eastern Kentucky team that has a shot.
FBALL Wrote:Elliott County is the only Eastern Kentucky team that has a shot.

I agree

For Sure!
Kentucky97 Wrote:For Sure!

Why don't you guys think that valley has a chance?..:confused:
Uh, have you seen Scott County play, I am a Valley graduate but live in Georgetown, I have been to every home Scott Co game the last few years, trust me, they are loaded. The difference when you play Scott County is that when they go to the bench, the offensive firepower goes down a notch, but the defensive intensity stays the same, if you cannot play defense, you do not play.
I think Elliot has a fair shot. But with Scott Co gaining Euton and Jackson, its hard not to say they're the favorite. how does Mason look this year?
Its between one of these 3 teams...

Scott County
Cov. Holmes
Jeffersontown
I agree, although I don't think Holmes will be as strong without Henderson
Jed Clampett Wrote:Its realy too early to pick a state champ but my number one pick is Scott County. With Euton, Jackson and Fallenery joining Phares and Lawn it will be tough to beat the Cards. Scott will at the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 29 so come out see them. I know they play Cov. Holmes in the second game of the year .:1:

I will not watch Scott County play this year.
Hazard may compete for the 1A state, but I don't think they will match up with Scott Co. With the new transfers they might run the table throughout the season. Yet, Elliot Co. just about knocked off Mason Co. last year. I say Billy Hicks and the Cardinals of Scott Co. though.
Scott County or Holmes in my opinion.
thecavemaster Wrote:I will not watch Scott County play this year.

Just curious why won't you watch Scott CO. University? They should be like a younger UK team in the glory years.
I put my money on Shelby Valley or Scott County. Maybe Elliot County
Will probably be Scott Co. or Holmes. I know most on here would like to see an Eastern Ky. school do it. IMO the only way that would be possible is if one half of the bracket is loaded with the favorites and the other side is loaded with the top mountain teams. So that perhaps one big upset on Sat. night would be all it would take... Having said that, I will be there pulling for all of our Eastern Ky. schools.

I don't agree with you. I think if you say that Elliott has a shot, then you have to give Hazard and Shelby Valley a shot as well. Those two teams might not be quite as good as Elliott, but the difference isn't THAT much.

That said, while I hope that ALL eastern Kentucky teams do well at state, I really don't see any of them being able to compete with a team like Scott County. Just too much talent.
Pages: 1 2