Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Could Beechwood beat Belfry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1A vs. 3A What do you think?

It'd be a good game
Anything could happen on any given friday,,, it would be one Heck of a game
red_devils_rule Wrote:Anything could happen on any given friday,,, it would be one Heck of a game
That would be a hard hitting game.....
I know I'll get critized for this but Beachwood is 2+ tds better than any team in this area with an exception of Johnson Central, and trust me I do know how good Belfry is. 1A or not, they dress like 80 or more players or have in the past. Big time football school.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I know I'll get critized for this but Beachwood is 2+ tds better than any team in this area with an exception of Johnson Central, and trust me I do know how good Belfry is.

IF that is the case then why dont we just award them the state title already and not even have playoffs and let these schools save money.
Beechwood would win by 3 td's.Big Grin I agree it would be a hard hitting game.
I think Belfry would win. I mean, they are a VERY good team. They hit hard. Don't get me wrong, Beechwood is a very good team also but I don't they could beat Belfry.
I think that it would be a very, very good game. It's hard to compare the two because Beechwood has played a really tough schedule compared to Belfry's very weak schedule, so much of us still have no idea just how good Belfry is this year.
I say yes, and as for going ahead and handing them the trophy...I'd say that would probably be a safe bet too. Since New Cath and Danville are in 2A, I'm not sure if anyone can stop them for a few years.
IRISH4 Wrote:I say yes, and as for going ahead and handing them the trophy...I'd say that would probably be a safe bet too. Since New Cath and Danville are in 2A, I'm not sure if anyone can stop them for a few years.

LCA should of beat them last year in the championship but went for the win instead.
They should def try to play in the future... probably be the biggest game of the year.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:They should def try to play in the future... probably be the biggest game of the year.

I agree. I wish they could play this year it would be exciting.
what a crowd this game would draw huh!?!?! 2 of the best programs in state going head to head on a friday night. you would have to play this at a big stadium just for the crowd. like eku or somewhere. but wow i wouldnt know who to pick it could go both ways a banrburner or a defensive battle. but more than likely be a 6-3 football game. my pick ill tell you later lol.
Theres no way Coach Haywood would schedule them late in the season because if he was 7-0 he'd be taking a coin toss chance of 7-1

Beechwood comes to play football no matter where their at

(lol and I agree, it could be "Game of the Year" on Pick'em)
If...Then Wrote:Theres no way Coach Haywood would schedule them late in the season because if he was 7-0 he'd be taking a coin toss chance of 7-1

Well if he did schedule them for later in the year and they beat belfry then that would motivate them for the playoffs and get them ready for the run to louisville.
The College One Wrote:what a crowd this game would draw huh!?!?! 2 of the best programs in state going head to head on a friday night. you would have to play this at a big stadium just for the crowd. like eku or somewhere. but wow i wouldnt know who to pick it could go both ways a banrburner or a defensive battle. but more than likely be a 6-3 football game. my pick ill tell you later lol.

Actually you would be surprised at the low fan base Beechwood has. As for the game, I haven't seen Belfry play this year, but Beechwood has an excellent football team and have proved themselves all year.
yes anything could happen on a lucky friday night
If...Then Wrote:Theres no way Coach Haywood would schedule them late in the season because if he was 7-0 he'd be taking a coin toss chance of 7-1

Phillip Haywood does not worry about records and rankings. The man cares about winning championships. He would rather be 7-5 in the regular season then be perfect just to lose in the playoffs.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I know I'll get critized for this but Beachwood is 2+ tds better than any team in this area with an exception of Johnson Central, and trust me I do know how good Belfry is. 1A or not, they dress like 80 or more players or have in the past. Big time football school.

Who cares how many they dress....

ONLY 11 at a time get on the field...

I guarantee you Coach Haywood would schedule them anytime he could get them. Late in the year would benefit them more than early on. For a dozen years or so Belfry scheduled Ironton in week 9 or 10. Why would they not do the same with Beechwood?

And for the record, I don't think Coach Haywood would worry about being 7-0 or 7-1 beyond the normal will to win every game, if the game would be good for his team. Sometimes you learn more from a loss than a victory and even though he is the 2nd winningest coach in KY history, I don't think he cares one bit about that distinction.
As far as the question asked, it would be one **** of a football game. I think year in and year out it would be an evenly matched game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think that it would be a very, very good game. It's hard to compare the two because Beechwood has played a really tough schedule compared to Belfry's very weak schedule, so much of us still have no idea just how good Belfry is this year.
I hate that they have been untested thusfar. Belfry always has something to offer. Nov. 7th, they get a good test on what needs to be fixed before the playoffs. It would be a low scoring game, but Belfry would win.

You are totally right... I guess that's why he always chose to play Ironton so early in the season and why the Johnson Central game is the last game of the regular season!!! (Sarcasm)
Yes
As for the question at hand... over the past five years I honestly thought Belfry was the better team 3 of those 5 seasons. This would be a very, very good matchup. One thing that works in Belfry's favor is traditionally they have a very strong run defense, and unlike Pburg and the 1A mountain teams who usually meet Beechwood in the playoffs, the Pirates have the size and strength to matchup with Beechwood on the line.

I also find it funny that the original poster said JC would be able to compete with Beechwood...until Belfry/JC meet next week it needs to be noted that the Pirates dominated those vaunted Eagles last season.

I'd say this would be a matchup where both teams would have certain seasons where they were the better team, it would probably be 6-4 in a 10 game set... going in the advantage of either team.
This is a tough one!!

Belfry 16
Beechwood 12
Neither team has won their class just yet. I will say now that if Raceland plays Beechwood this year Raceland will beat them. To physical for the Tigers. Raceland would also match up with Belfry this year.
Sorry, but I don't think that Raceland could beat Belfry or Beachwood, by what I seen at the JC scrimmage.
BBB Wrote:Neither team has won their class just yet. I will say now that if Raceland plays Beechwood this year Raceland will beat them. To physical for the Tigers. Raceland would also match up with Belfry this year.
Sorry but Beechwood will beat Raceland by at least 3TDs.

That is my prediction for the 1A championship game.
FBALL Wrote:Sorry but Beechwood will beat Raceland by at least 3TDs.

That is my prediction for the 1A championship game.

Raceland will not beat Raceland by 3 touchdowns, nor will they beat LCA by 3 tds or Hazard or Wiliamsburg by 3 tds.

The east has 4 teams that can easily make it to the finals.
Pages: 1 2 3