Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Raceland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thoughts!
Russell - 21
Raceland -14
Well here we go. I have been reading on another inferior site as to just how badly the Devils are going to get beat this Friday night.

I will be honest. I did not pick the Devils to win the past two games. Why? I guess it was because I lost faith in them for a brief time. After seeing them play on Friday even though they lost I have regained my faith in a team that has been struggling. They worked on tackling and made some nice open field tackles on Friday.

I have a feeling that Russell will show up on Friday with that fire in the belly feeling. We will play Russell football as Ivan intended it. RUN RUN RUN and more Runs.

Raceland is very good and has played very well to date. We will put it all together and win.

Russell 31
Raceland 21
Raceland.
Its going to be a tough game between two schools that don't like each other.

This is Raceland's Super Bowl. The will come out as fired up as any team you will ever see. Russell will have to survive that early game emotion. Racelands coaching staff won't want to admit it but this game is bigger to most of the Raceland players and fans than the state championship game would be.

Raceland really hasn't been tested since the Ashland game and by LCA. Russell has played tougher competition. Especially the last two weeks with SK and Mason County. This should be an advantage for Russell.

Right now I have to say that Raceland is the favorite. Russell needs a good start to get some confidance. Talent wise I would give the overall edge to Russell.

Which team executes the best and doesn't turn the ball over wins.
This is a p.m. I received last Friday night. We will see about that. I to feel the Red Devils will be ready they have been correcting problems & it shows. They have known just like Raceland this one was coming up & have been preparing . I think they are ready.ramfan4ever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the devils are going to get beat again on there home field 2 weeks in a row....considering how they played tonight....should be easy picking next week.
The Raceland fans that I know for the most part have been talking alot of trash. They think Raceland is just going to walk all over Russell. I'm sure the players know this. Band together and prove them wrong.
That's right FBALL & Russell fans generally don't. Whats that tell ya? I believe this team will get motivated this week , The coach's as well as our players & fans are not ready to get another loss at home. You guys can win & you know it so get out there & prove it!!!
:Wave: :chainsaw: We need a big bon fire at the school Thursday Night & let these guys know how much we support them.
Russell in a close one
Russell's passing has not been too great this season. I've been watching Cordle over the past few weeks and he has not been looking as good as he did at the beginning of the season. I think that coach McGlone needs to give Sparks a shot to show what he can do... If Russell is able to run the ball well against this Raceland Defense they might have a chance to win. Abrams has been showing how good of a threat he is to the opposition and once he gets on a roll, I don't see how Raceland is going to stop him.
My prediction:
Raceland-14
Russell-24
Raceland
Raceland, just won't have to compete against the football players. Just wait until the fans get involved. This will be one of the loudest games at Henry R Evans in a long while. Good Luck to all and I hope the Devils don't whip Raceland too bad. So, Raceland can win the STATE TITLE. Win or lose, we are behind Raceland for thier hunt in the 1A class title. Although one loss won't hurt to bad.

Devils - 35

Raceland-17
Rams by 8.
What happen to my post?:confused: :confused:
kybaseball Wrote:What happen to my post?:confused: :confused:
What are you talking about?
kybaseball Wrote:What happen to my post?:confused: :confused:
Where did you leave it?
FBALL Wrote:The Raceland fans that I know for the most part have been talking alot of trash. They think Raceland is just going to walk all over Russell. I'm sure the players know this. Band together and prove them wrong.

Raceland will walk all over Russell ,the Raceland fans are right.

NOT
The red devils better come prepared to play or it could get bad if they play they way we all now they can Russell by 2 TD's if not raceland will come away with a big win.
rams win...no doubt
If Bailey isnt ready to go Friday it could hurt! Russell only scored 7 Friday, but field conditions and weather should help this week! If all Raceland has to do is concentrate on Abrams it could be a long night for Russell. If Bailey is just a little gimpy I might try him a QB and put Cordle at RB, after all it was his position his whole JFL career. Cordle hasnt hit a receiver in quite awhile and seems to be shaky when the rush is on!
I picked Raceland for one reason alone: They beat Ashland, and Russell didn't.

That said, I know that how two teams fare against a common opponent isn't a measure of how they'll play eachother. However, I've not seen either team play, and have no other knowledge on which to make a guess.

Regardless of who wins, I think this will be an excellent game, and I believe it will come down to who misses the most PATs. I also wouldn't be surprised if it went into OT.
If it comes down to PAT'S Russell has it won.
Russell has struggled this year, but they are still a good football team and a larger school than Raceland. And I will admit that you can't compare either teams game with the Ashland game and then just say Raceland wins because they beat Ashland and Russell didn't. BUT, I must state that the way things have gone for both teams so far this year, I have to go with Raceland. Russell will be the toughest test to Raceland since the Ashland and LCA games, but I don't think they will fail it. Russell just has too many problems this year and I don't think they have made enough progress to fix them. Good luck to both!

Tough choice on which game to watch: (1) Ashland/JC, or (2) Russell/Raceland
This will be the largest crowd to ever assemble at Henry R Evans Stadium!
Russel!
Raceland by 14.
Lets just see how accurate this projection is.

Raceland (KY) 35, Russell (KY) 19 Smile Smile Smile
This game scares me right now. I really want to pull for the DEVILS but the way they have been playing it just make it that much harder go with them.
Here is something ironic that a RAMS fan said to me not to long ago: Raceland's colors are orange/black (same as much of halloween colors) playing the DEVIL'S (which is part of the halloween culture) on OCT. 31 which is HALLOWEEN.

Now I do not know if this is an omen of some sorts or what, but I thought it was kind of funny also.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS on FRIDAY!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7