Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 55 - Cooper 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg travels to Florence and takes out 6A Cooper.

The halftime score was 48-7... Allen Craynon & Austin Gearheart had 3tds as Michael Burchett threw 2.

Congrats Blackcats!
Not much of a statement win as Cooper was 2-6 coming into this game.
uh, no...

But it was a better opponent than Betsy Layne (who Cooper took the place of).
Jshort5 Wrote:Not much of a statement win as Cooper was 2-6 coming into this game.

True, but traveling to NKY is no easy task especially when you have to travel over 3+ hours and go up there and whip them in the 1st half like they did.
How'd Setser do?
oneijoe Wrote:uh, no...

I didn't know that, and yes you're right about Cooper, there better than BL.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:True, but traveling to NKY is no easy task especially when you have to travel over 3+ hours and go up there and whip them in the 1st half like they did.
I agree also, a long bus ride will change most teams negatively in the first half.
it makes no sense to travel that far to play such a weak team.just shows what weak teams p-burg plays.playing these type of teams does the players no good at all.proves nothing for the players.
big dog one Wrote:it makes no sense to travel that far to play such a weak team.just shows what weak teams p-burg plays.playing these type of teams does the players no good at all.proves nothing for the players.

Well when Betsy Layne backs out late in the spring you don't have many teams to choose from because everyone has there schedules already completed.

Prestonsburg doesn't play weak opponents either, outside of there district schedule they play(ed) Paintsville, Breathitt County (#5 3A), Beechwood (#1 1A), Lawrence County, Pikeville, Cooper, and Perry County Central. Three of the schools are rivals.
I'll post stats when I get them, hopefully it will be later tonight.
You guys act like Prestonsburg knew Cooper was going to be weak. This is their first year as a school and are a 6A school. Usually consolidated schools put up a better effort than that, especially a 6A school. It's not like Prestonsburg knew what this team was going to be like when they scheduled them
oneijoe Wrote:uh, no...

That would be true in most years, but this years BL team may very well beat Cooper.

The Blackcats did a great job jumping on Cooper and then cruising.
Congrats to P-burg.
Congrats to the Cats!:football:
UK Fan14 Wrote:That would be true in most years, but this years BL team may very well beat Cooper.

LOL...Who knows ??

If P-burg hangs onto this game with Cooper, it might be a dang good regular season game in the next year or two. Cooper's a 6A school, and there's a lot of football interest all around it among the NKY powerhouses.

Wink
oneijoe Wrote:LOL...Who knows ??

If P-burg hangs onto this game with Cooper, it might be a dang good regular season game in the next year or two. Cooper's a 6A school, and there's a lot of football interest all around it among the NKY powerhouses.

Wink

Why not schedule a 5A team 10mins up the road in JC instead of driving 3hrs to play a 6A Cooper?
IRISH4 Wrote:Why not schedule a 5A team 10mins up the road in JC instead of driving 3hrs to play a 6A Cooper?

That's a question the coaches will have to answer because I'd love to see the two play year in and year out. I don' t think that the coaches will schedule them in within the next few years because Pburg is graduating nearly 15 players this year off of a team of 38. So let the youngsters mature more and I believe that the two would end up having one heck of a rivalry.
p-burg could have played better competion closer than cooper,sure they knew cooper was weak ,that is why the game took place.playing weak teams only hurts the players when the playoffs come.seems we would rather lose in the playoffs is to lose a regular season game against good competion.
big dog one Wrote:p-burg could have played better competion closer than cooper,sure they knew cooper was weak ,that is why the game took place.playing weak teams only hurts the players when the playoffs come.seems we would rather lose in the playoffs is to lose a regular season game against good competion.
How did they know Cooper was weak? This was the first year of the school. This game was scheduled over the summer and obviously no one had seen them play. For all they knew, 16 Covington Catholic stars could have transferred there to play. Do you think Letcher Central or any other team knew that Harlan Co. was going to look like they do? Everyone expected them to be better than what they are. Shame on Letcher Central for scheduling such a weak team before they even knew what Harlan had.
big dog one Wrote:p-burg could have played better competion closer than cooper,sure they knew cooper was weak ,that is why the game took place.playing weak teams only hurts the players when the playoffs come.seems we would rather lose in the playoffs is to lose a regular season game against good competion.

Either you're ignoring what's been said in the other posts -OR- you're changing facts to suit ill-conceived notions. Rolleyes

Cooper was scheduled at the 11th hour. P-burg was lucky to be able to pick up anyone in the open slot (good or bad).