Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell county Middle School Boys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell County Middle School has a new head coach they should go pretty far this year

What do you think?TongueirateSku
Is Powell County going to have a sixth grade tournament this year?
The 8th grade team is gonna be horrible this season.
The new powell county middle school boys coach is going to be awesome. He really knows his stuff.
PoCo Wrote:The 8th grade team is gonna be horrible this season.
I take it that you got cut? Don't be hatin'. Just get in the gym and work harder. Everybody knows that MJ didn't make his high school team as a soph. Don't give up. You can do it.
When you leave comments like yours, people tend to look at you like a whiner. You could have said: " Powell doesn't look like they will contend this year without good depth" or Powell is in a tough conference where it will be tough to compete.
I for one, look forward to watching them. They look like they are gonna run & gun it this year. They have a couple of big kids & seem to have a lot of speed this year. I hope they just hustle and show a lot of heart. They are just practicing for high school anyway.:Thumbs:
the powell co boys 8th did a good job at the estill co. tourney. The lost a close on to estill then pounded conkwright and lost to estill in the championship.
Didnt Estill beat the same group by 40 points last year? What are the early thoughts on the coach? I heard that a few parents were upset because of cuts, but you will have that anytime kids get cut.
They had so many boys come out. When you get that many out, course some descent players are gonna get cut. That is the bad side of having a lot out. I like his style. He is very disiplined. The boys will really respect him and will remember him as one of their greatest coaches. They might not win it all but this looks to be a fun year.
Middle schoolers need structure and discipline, I wish there were more coaches like that around for young kids. I may have to go check out a few middle school games this year. I havent been to a middle school game in ages. I have heard a lot of positive things about our new coach though. When is the first home game?
I think Dec. 5? I know it is the first week in Dec.
blitz43 Wrote:They had so many boys come out. When you get that many out, course some descent players are gonna get cut. That is the bad side of having a lot out. I like his style. He is very disiplined. The boys will really respect him and will remember him as one of their greatest coaches. They might not win it all but this looks to be a fun year.

Who is the new coach?
Ky313 Wrote:Who is the new coach?
Rob Merrian. I am not sure of the spelling. He is very disciplined coach. He seems to get them to play together pretty good. They have already surprised some people.TongueirateSho