Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Football is Winding Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be playing in Louisville and how will they get there?
I think that Central will be coming out of the west agian and Breathitt or Russell out of the east.
Right now I would have to say that Central out of the west and Belfry or Breathitt County out of the East. Mason and Russell have a shot but its a long shot IMO.
I'll go out on a limb and predict Louisville Central will be playing either Breathitt or Belfry.
Some teams off the top of my head . Mason, Russell, Belfry , Breathitt, Central
1A: Beechwood vs Raceland (or Hazard, if the Bulldogs can pull off what I think would be an upset).

2A: Not really sure.

3A: Belfry vs Central, rematch. Belfry will likely have to beat out Sommerset and Breathitt again.

4A: Bell, will win this year after the upset they took in the semis last year.

5A: Highlands, vs JC unless they meet in the semis (I don't know how things look with those schools)

6A: St. X vs Trinity

I think (hope) Pburg goes in 2A, but I don't know who they'll have to knock off. Leslie maybe?

In 3A, no one in the east can beat Belfry on a typical night. Sure, there may be the day when Belfry plays poorly and is defeated, such as the last time Belfry lost. That said, I really do think that we'll have a rematch again this year in 3A, and I don't think that anyone in red & white will be underestimating Central this year.

Bell should have won it all in 4A last year, and they know it. They're hungrier now, and I don't see them being beaten.

Highlands is just dominant. So is Johnson Central.

Looks like St. X is the only team who can beat Trinity, so they are going to have a rematch.

I think the eastern 1A game between likely Hazard and Raceland will be that week's game of the week though. Hopefully it will be on a Saturday so I can watch it ;D Either way though, they'll end up against Beechwood, and in the fight of their lives if they go in determined to win!

These are just my predictions though, based on what little I know of other classes. I could be wrong: afterall, I'm not a woman, so I can't read minds nor tell the future Tongue
Sarrr Wrote:1A: Beechwood vs Raceland (or Hazard, if the Bulldogs can pull off what I think would be an upset).

2A: Not really sure.

3A: Belfry vs Central, rematch. Belfry will likely have to beat out Sommerset and Breathitt again.

4A: Bell, will win this year after the upset they took in the semis last year.

5A: Highlands, vs JC unless they meet in the semis (I don't know how things look with those schools)

6A: St. X vs Trinity

I think (hope) Pburg goes in 2A, but I don't know who they'll have to knock off. Leslie maybe?

In 3A, no one in the east can beat Belfry on a typical night. Sure, there may be the day when Belfry plays poorly and is defeated, such as the last time Belfry lost. That said, I really do think that we'll have a rematch again this year in 3A, and I don't think that anyone in red & white will be underestimating Central this year.

Bell should have won it all in 4A last year, and they know it. They're hungrier now, and I don't see them being beaten.

Highlands is just dominant. So is Johnson Central.

Looks like St. X is the only team who can beat Trinity, so they are going to have a rematch.

I think the eastern 1A game between likely Hazard and Raceland will be that week's game of the week though. Hopefully it will be on a Saturday so I can watch it ;D Either way though, they'll end up against Beechwood, and in the fight of their lives if they go in determined to win!

These are just my predictions though, based on what little I know of other classes. I could be wrong: afterall, I'm not a woman, so I can't read minds nor tell the future Tongue

LOL... I will read them and let ya in on everything a little later on... SmileCool
2A....Corbin
I like the matcup of Central & Belfry in the finals again.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I like the matcup of Central & Belfry in the finals again.
That's exactly what will happen unless Breathitt gets all over Belfry like they did Russell last year. When momentum is on their side they're hard to stop.

Russell will not make it.

Mason Co has an outside shot IMO.
Ah yes, I forgot somehow about Corbin.
DevilsWin Wrote:That's exactly what will happen unless Breathitt gets all over Belfry like they did Russell last year. When momentum is on their side they're hard to stop.

Russell will not make it.

Mason Co has an outside shot IMO.

I am not convinced Breathitt's line has improved enough on both sides of the ball to avoid what happned at CAM last year, let alone the fact that their passing game is not narly as proficient as last season and that was the only area they had any success moving the ball on Belfry.

Stranger things have happened but it's going to take major improvement up front and more depth than what they brought to the table last year. Fugate is a phenominal back but it is hard to gain yards when the defense is on you when you get the handoff.
i'm going to go with Belfry and Estill Co playing for the big trip.
:letsparty Belfry-Central rematch:letsparty
Central vs Belfry
The Breathitt i seen wouldn't stand a chance against Belfry.
belfry and central with belfry gettin revenge and taking it in 3a!!!
Breathitt and Central
I think it will be Central vs. Belfry.I agree totaly with dw in russell is done in the 2nd round.
Why isn't Centrals record on the KHSAA scoreboard?
central west hands down v. belfry or breth.
courtdog Wrote:Who will be playing in Louisville and how will they get there?

Breathitt (I hope) they will get there by bus.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Breathitt (I hope) they will get there by bus.

UH... I think they meant who will they have to play to make it there.... Rolleyes
If Channing can keep running like he is, I think Breathitt has a good chance. Jade will be back in a few weeks and he is still running alot of the offense in practice and is still looking strong. I think that Russell past Belfry and Breathitt will get past Russell and meet Central in the ville.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Breathitt (I hope) they will get there by bus.

I hope they get there by bus too when they come to cheer Belfry on again Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I hope they get there by bus too when they come to cheer Belfry on again Wink

Oh gosh, do they have a "C.C." to drive their bus. Central or Etown versus Belfry in the finals. Belfry over Breathitt in a close one at the CAM in the semis.
C.Clair Wrote:If Channing can keep running like he is, I think Breathitt has a good chance. Jade will be back in a few weeks and he is still running alot of the offense in practice and is still looking strong. I think that Russell past Belfry and Breathitt will get past Russell and meet Central in the ville.

you guys have got some talent. thats no lie there.
The College One Wrote:you guys have got some talent. thats no lie there.

If Breathitt makes it to the semi finals, they will not be playing Belfry this year. Look for Belfry to go out in second round.
BELFRY!!!!!!!! they will be state champs
State Champs Wrote:If Breathitt makes it to the semi finals, they will not be playing Belfry this year. Look for Belfry to go out in second round.

What teams have you been watching? There is no team that could even come close to beating Belfry in the second round. The only "test" Belfry will have would be Breathit in the semis. I don't see anyone in the east coming within 2-3 td's of Belfry. Now the west (Central) on the other hand, is a different story.
dblg11 Wrote:What teams have you been watching? There is no team that could even come close to beating Belfry in the second round. The only "test" Belfry will have would be Breathit in the semis. I don't see anyone in the east coming within 2-3 td's of Belfry. Now the west (Central) on the other hand, is a different story.

exactly :Thumbs:...dont count the pirates out just yet. they got alot left in them.
Pages: 1 2