Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt County 55 - Powell County 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
truly, NO surprise there!
What happen to Powell Co tonight?
Breathitt Co. Bobcats....BACK-TO-BACK DISTRICT CHAMPS!!!!
congrats breathitt
What happened to Powell is that they played a Breathitt County team that is playing as well as anybody in 3A.
FBALL Wrote:What happened to Powell is that they played a Breathitt County team that is playing as well as anybody in 3A.

Exactly correct! I knew Powell couldn't play with them, Powell IS AN improved team, but Breathitt is Breathitt... I mean that's all there is to say about that!
FBALL Wrote:What happened to Powell is that they played a Breathitt County team that is playing as well as anybody in 3A.

I agree.
How did Fugate do tonight?
Fugate is a beast. Powell started the game playing really well. Scored right after Breathitt. Rain caused many problems for Powell tonight. Couldnt get their passing game going. Congrats Breathitt and keep your heads up Powell co!
who will Powell play in the playoff and were will they play?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Fugate is a beast. Powell started the game playing really well. Scored right after Breathitt. Rain caused many problems for Powell tonight. Couldnt get their passing game going. Congrats Breathitt and keep your heads up Powell co!

Yes he is but i want stats lol
courtdog Wrote:who will Powell play in the playoff and were will they play?

From the look of it i think they will be driving up to Wayne co to play them. Not certain on that tho
good luck in the playoffs.
powell could not get their offense going. they played a good game but did not play like they are capable of playing. the powell co team that played at breathitt county tonight looked like the team that took the field the first game of the season. they are a better ball team than that. good luck powell county in the play offs.
Powell made it a game in the first quarter. After that it just seemed like they couldnt get anything going.
fugate beat powell. he was the team. my hat goes off to tht kid.
Channing had around 200 yards tonight with 5 or 6 touchdowns. Cody Prichard had a good game also with about 150 yards rushing and a couple touchdowns. Jade played alittle tonight and looked like the hamstring was still alittle of a bother. He didnt run any and looked like he was still a couple weeks from being 100%. Breathitt came ready to play. The only thing that stopped Channing was being taken out when the score was 49-7 with about 11 minutes to go in the third quarter. Breathitts defense was in powells backfeild all night. Hats off to the defense. The offense didnt miss a beat without Jade. Channing did his thing and Cody was in there doing his also. I like how people were saying that all powell had to do is stop Channing, they could have stopped him, but Cody was just as leathal as Channing was tonight. I dont really see the other teams we play ( Lawerance and Shelby Valley) putting up much of a fight.
The College One Wrote:fugate beat powell. he was the team. my hat goes off to tht kid.

Hey....Channing is awsome but we are a team.We opened up some big holes and made key blocks and held Rose down.We are a team.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Fugate is a beast. Powell started the game playing really well. Scored right after Breathitt. Rain caused many problems for Powell tonight. Couldnt get their passing game going. Congrats Breathitt and keep your heads up Powell co!

Powell made ONE big pass when they saw Alex Strong hurt they threw right at him for a big gain.Without that they couldn't have scored on that drive.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Powell made ONE big pass when they saw Alex Strong hurt they threw right at him for a big gain.Without that they couldn't have scored on that drive.

I agree. Alex came up limping from the earlier play and as soon as they saw that they threw his was. I thought that the defense played outstanding this game. The last touchdown was at the end of the game pretty much when we had a mix of our JV and freshmen teams in. As for Channing being the team, he couldnt do what he is doing without the GREAT blocking that the o-line is providing.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Powell made ONE big pass when they saw Alex Strong hurt they threw right at him for a big gain.Without that they couldn't have scored on that drive.
We didn't know this kid was hurt. We threw to the short side of the field cause it works most of the time. Not cause some kid was limping. My goodnes.
congrats breathitt

blitz43 Wrote:We didn't know this kid was hurt. We threw to the short side of the field cause it works most of the time. Not cause some kid was limping. My goodnes.

Isn't that the whole point of football? Exploit the other teams weakness. Maybe if he was hurt they should have pulled him and put in a fresh body.
Congrats Breathitt
powell couldnt get any calls last night.
Good game Powell even tho they couldnt come up with the win it was a good game at first... The rain caused some problems for Powell they couldnt hold on to the ball... No need to get your heads down Powell, You all lost to a very good team in Breathitt, Jus keep your heads up and you all will bounce back... Get ready for next week thats a big game as well. Congrats Breathitt

Breathitt county is BREATHITT county. They are a contender to win a state title in 3A this year and with Haddix and Fugate returning next year as well. Powell has improved but Breathitt and Fugate was a level of competition above what they had faced thus far in the season. Breathitt lost early to 2 very good football teams in Johnson Central(undefeated in 5A) and Prestonsburg(only loss to class A perenial power Beechwood). Breathitt has played the schedule and competition to be prepared for a state title run. there is no Phelps or Magoffin on Holcomb's schedule.
Congrats Breathitt. Even the JV looked really good. Good try Powell. #44 and #32 really hustled last night. I was impressed with their efforts and determination. Keep working on it, Powell. Get in the gym. You're so close to being fast enough and strong enough. You can do it.
Powell had no chance. Breathitt always brings a team! Surprised they took their starters out. It being home coming I was expecting a huge pounding but Breathitt has like 6 people out from injuries. Smart move putting underclassmen in. Good win.
Pages: 1 2