Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 29 - Harlan County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
There was only one turnover in this game Estill fumble on the 1 yard line other than it was a great played game by both teams.
man this was a tough one... Good game BEARS!

Harlan made the choice to try for 2 when they scored and missed it giving Estill the ball back, then a quick decision to let Estill score there in the 4th with about 2 minutes left so that they could get the ball back, Estill made the 2 pt making it 29-20 and then Harlan almost tacked on a score there at the end with about 20 seconds to go...tough loss, but I think Harlan will do just fine in the playoffs!

Hats off to Estill, good team

*Rushing was around 250 or so for HC & it was like 350 or 400 for EC I think
Good win Estill and tough loss for harlan county central and it sucks i had harlan in the pick um.
Great game for Estill Co tonight a long road trip after a bye week and come up with a win playing a very good Harlan Co team i feel like this is a quality win for Estill Co. Harlan played a great game also can you believe there was only one turnover in this game. good luck to both games in the playoffs.
Congrats Estill.
i was not to confortable about tonights game we played two teams in a roll that was not very good and then the week of so i was not sure how they would play but got a big win on the road tonight great effort by both teams. Estill had 368 yards rushing.
Congrats to Estill. The Bears just came up short. I was awfully proud of them. They are really improving each game they play. Both teams really put on a show for the fans. Estill's offense is really something to see. MAN, I hate losing. Sad
Mama Bear Wrote:Congrats to Estill. The Bears just came up short. I was awfully proud of them. They are really improving each game they play. Both teams really put on a show for the fans. Estill's offense is really something to see. MAN, I hate losing. Sad

Cheer up Mama Bear. You lost to one **** of a team!
any stats on the game ?
this is no suprise. estill county is really a strong team this year. they will go far. harlan will not go very far in the play offs. good job estill.
Estill Co is a good team very solid on both sides of the ball hope they get some respect in the polls this week. this was a quality win on the road in bad weather,
Mama Bear Wrote:Congrats to Estill. The Bears just came up short. I was awfully proud of them. They are really improving each game they play. Both teams really put on a show for the fans. Estill's offense is really something to see. MAN, I hate losing. Sad

as hard as everyone plays...everyone hates to loose...sounds like a really good game tonight due to the bad weather...congrats estill on the road win and district win...harlan put it behind you guys and get ready for the next game and playoffs...good luck to both teams for the rest of the season...
does anyone know who Estill co will play in the playoffs?
Good win for estill and a two seed in the playoffs behind us.(Breathitt) Estills offense is a hard one to stop. They just keep on pounding on ya and it takes it towl. Estill will take on the three seed in the playoffs and Harlan will take on the second seed. Looks like Powell is going to be the fourth seed in our district.
I thought Estill would roll. Good efort Bears.
Good job Estill! I knew you could do it.
Congrats to the 'Neers on a big win that locks up the 2nd seed for them in the playoffs.

You aren't kidding, I know some Bear fans disliked some of the predictions that led to Estill running away with the game, but I think if this game was played two or three weeks ago it would have been a much bigger win for Estill. But as you said the Bears are improving every week, they are a solid ball team. I would have loved to seen this game without the run, it really took away from some of Estill's game, and I'd say it affected Harlan's jukes and cuts as well. Congratulations to both teams, good luck in the playoffs.
Sounded like a heck of football Game, From seeing the score i'd say it was lol.
Yeah harlan county will get even better under the direction of head football coach Tom LarkeyBig Grin
Congrats Estill
Nasty night, but an awesome game. The Black Bears threatened to score in the red zone deep in Estill territory on three occasions but come up barely short. Once in the first half and twice in the second half moving the ball pretty good on the ground. The Bears played some awesome defense in the second half. Many times the Bears had them third and 4, but the Engineers would get 4.1 yards on the carry. Hats off to the Estill runners, who were big and hardnosed and when it seemed they were down they would get an extra two yards. The Bears did stop them on numerous occasions and also forcing some punts. With the score 21-20 Estill, the Bears allowed Estill to score on purpose just to get the ball back with hopes of stopping the two point conversion. Estill pulled out a pass to convert while the Bears were sealing off the inside. 29-20 Estill. The Bears quickly moved the ball to the Estill 1 yard line hoping to score and get the onside kick, but the time ran out. I was proud of the Black Bears and their efforts. The redzone failures, especially the second half ones were questionable play calls, but then again you are trying to outthink your opponents. If Estill would not have converted the pass to get the two point conversion, Estill Fans may have said that we ran the ball all night and then pass? Great game. Hats off to the Estill Engineers. I thought we moved the ball pretty good against the awesome Estill defense. The Bears are getting better every week and will make some big noise in the weeks to come. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
Congrats Esill Co.

Darned rain.

The Bears are definitely getting better and better with every game.

Keep your heads up Bears and Bear Nation.

I AM AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE SOOOOOO PROUD OF OUR BEARS!!!

Now, let's forget about last night and focus on the game to come....let' travel to Grayson Co, Virginia Bear Nation. :Cheerlead
The Neers keep on rolling!
#1 football fan Wrote:this is no suprise. estill county is really a strong team this year. they will go far. harlan will not go very far in the play offs. good job estill.

I beg to differ, they have a great coach and some quality players across the board and they are only getting better. Especially with #3 back at qb, he is a dual threat.
I thought Estill would have won this one big, I was wrong good game to the Blackbears
courtdog Wrote:does anyone know who Estill co will play in the playoffs?

They will play Wayne Co, Taylor Co, or Somerset. That district is confusing, they are beating each other. Taylor beat Somerset, Somerset beat Wayne, Wayne beat Taylor??? Good quality win for Estill at Harlan!
Some of the boys mention Garrard....
Oh and GREAT GAME Friday night boys =]
You sure do make us proud!!!!!
loves2cheer Wrote:Some of the boys mention Garrard....

If Garrard makes it in they will be a 4th seed traveling to Breathitt. Look for a Breathitt vs Estill rematch for the regional championship.
Pages: 1 2