Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 63 - Montgomery Co. 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
JC had another big night rushing 442 yards on 40 carries. The O-line continues to play great.

Congrats on the win and get ready for the big district game against Ashland next week.
Old School Wrote:JC had another big night rushing 442 yards on 40 carries. The O-line continues to play great.

Congrats on the win and get ready for the big district game against Ashland next week.

Big District game? Ashland got beat by Bryan Station. How big of a game is it?
tradition Wrote:Big District game? Ashland got beat by Bryan Station. How big of a game is it?

JC is 3-0 in the district and Ashland is 2-1, who ever wins this game will be district champs and in the opposite bracket from Highlands.
This is a big game for both teams and may be the game of the week.
Old School Wrote:JC is 3-0 in the district and Ashland is 2-1, who ever wins this game will be district champs and in the opposite bracket from Highlands.

Guess I just didn't see it that way. Bryan Station has lost a few as well as Ashland and just can't see why the interest by JC. Obviously they are #1 in their district and have beaten Bryan Station and looks to be on the war path for next week.

Going on what the season has dictated I'm guessing that JC is in pretty good shape.
tradition Wrote:Guess I just didn't see it that way. Bryan Station has lost a few as well as Ashland and just can't see why the interest by JC. Obviously they are #1 in their district and have beaten both teams.

It is a big game because JC has not beaten Ashland this year! If Ashland beats JC, then they will all be in a tie. Not sure how it would turn out. But JC is in the drivers seat as long as they take care of business. But Ashland is no pushover at home so the Eagles better make sure they are ready and I'm sure that Matney will see to it.

Congrats to JC on the win tonight!!
Congrads JC
good job JC. no problem here. figured this would happen. on to ashland hope you guys roll there too. eagles baby!!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:It is a big game because JC has not beaten Ashland this year! If Ashland beats JC, then they will all be in a tie. Not sure how it would turn out. But JC is in the drivers seat as long as they take care of business. But Ashland is no pushover at home so the Eagles better make sure they are ready and I'm sure that Matney will see to it.

Congrats to JC on the win tonight!!

Regardless, Johnson Central has to win this game against Ashland. If they were to lose, both JC and Ashland would finish with 3-1 district records, thus giving Ashland the #1 seed via the head to head tiebreaker. JC has to win against Ashland in order to get the #1 seed.
Another nice victory for the Golden Eagles!
Kayaker Wrote:Regardless, Johnson Central has to win this game against Ashland. If they were to lose, both JC and Ashland would finish with 3-1 district records, thus giving Ashland the #1 seed via the head to head tiebreaker. JC has to win against Ashland in order to get the #1 seed.

Your right! I hope our boys come out to play against ashland. Im proud of the the way they've played so far this season..they've played great football!
Nasty Weather and I think we played a little flat tonight but still had are moments. Glad to see the next to games on are schedule, so that the starts can get fired up. Heck I'm fired up. The next 2 games should be back to back GOTW games.
Bad weather, good win and no injuries. Now we can look forward to a trip to Putnam on Friday night. GO EAGLES.
It has been a good year, but the next two games will make or break the season! I'm sure Matney won't let the kids forget the importance of next week and we all know how bad he wants to beat Belfry. So I'm sure we'll get their best effort!!
nice win in the sloppy conditions, lets stay focused guys, lets not look on to meeting belfry, that day will come soon enough, we have a road block in the way called ashland, lets stay focused and plow it on down
EKY Sportster Wrote:It has been a good year, but the next two games will make or break the season! I'm sure Matney won't let the kids forget the importance of next week and we all know how bad he wants to beat Belfry. So I'm sure we'll get their best effort!!

Why does he want to beat Belfry so badly?
The offensive line worked beautifully for Johnson Central as they were able to produce 442 rushing yards:Clap:
charlie22 Wrote:Why does he want to beat Belfry so badly?

Johnson Central has NEVER beaten Belfry. That may be one reason.
You also forget that Matney used to be in the same district as Belfry when coaching Sheldon Clark, and got beat all the time. But enough of the Belfry game. JC has a roadblock on the way to Belfry and that is the trip to Elm Street on Putnam Stadium.
Kayaker Wrote:Johnson Central has NEVER beaten Belfry. That may be one reason.

That would be one big reason, most definitely. I didn't realize that.
Dang!