Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 40 - Sheldon Clark 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final

This one was over in the second quarter.

See ya in the playoffs Cards...Good Luck until then.

Belfry wraps up home field advantage in the playoffs and the District Title!
If the scores hold Belfry will play Russell in the second round at the cam
belfryrocks Wrote:If the scores hold Belfry will play Russell in the second round at the cam

nice!
belfryrocks Wrote:If the scores hold Belfry will play Russell in the second round at the cam

If you are correct then Russell would still have to win its first playoff game and this isnt the same Russell team we've seen in the past.
True my bad
When will this ever stop? With all the young talent Belfry could have many trips to Lousiville in the next few years.
Don't get too overzealous.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done by all of the younger groups before they can start making any reservations.
Good win Belfry.
Great win Pirates. One game at a time that is the way it is played in Belfry.
Two Hundred Twenty-Five.

Number of Ivan Lee yards on the night.
Went about as expected.
Sarrr Wrote:Two Hundred Twenty-Five.

Number of Ivan Lee yards on the night.

Nine

Number of carries for Ivan Lee on the night.

Pretty impressive and hopefully this will get him going for the rest of the season.
wooderson Wrote:If you are correct then Russell would still have to win its first playoff game and this isnt the same Russell team we've seen in the past.

I wouldn't count Russell out just yet. Mason County is good team and they and Russell are pretty evenly matched. True Russell will have to travel to Belfry in the second round now.

No doubt Belfry will be the favorite but stranger things have happened. You are also right that this is not the same as the past few Russell teams. They still have the talent to beat anybody. The execution has been poor to say the least though.

See ya at the CAM.
Congrats to Belfry on the win and good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
Something about this game really got to me.....
First, Belfry was calling our plays before we broke the huddle.
Second, Belfrys Ivan Lee ran 3 touchdowns on the same play, without a single hand put on him?
Third, SC don't spread knowing thats their only prayer?
Very suprising, thought SC would have put up a lot better fight than so.
I do believe someone in Martin County forgot to account for Ivan Lee tonight...

And I though everyone kept talking about how overrated BELFRY was?

Way to go Big Red!
qbdad2011 Wrote:Something about this game really got to me.....
Second, Belfrys Ivan Lee ran 3 touchdowns on the same play, without a single hand put on him?

Since when is Ivan Lee Belfry's only player? I thought this was a team game? You know 11 on 11? The simple fact of the matter is that one team got out played tonight and out coached... I mean you can make excuses all night and day long but the fact remains Belfry won and rather convincingly to say the least....
qbdad2011 Wrote:Something about this game really got to me.....
That's waht Belfry football is, you know what's going to happen but you still got to stop it and it's easier said then done. This Belfry team is just better and better on the lines. SC isn't a bad team and will still be a threat come playoff time, you very well could see this same game later in the year. To SC enjoy a much needed off week, it has been a brutal two weeks for you guys against two great teams.
belfryrocks Wrote:When will this ever stop? With all the young talent Belfry could have many trips to Lousiville in the next few years.
Way to go get ahead of yourself.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Way to go get ahead of yourself.

ahead of your self??? it is no streach to say that the pirates could very well make a deep drive every year... i mean haven't they??? i can't remember the last time they haven't at least been slotted a 1 or 2 seed going into the play-off's and this goes back to the days when Belfry was still a 2a and a 3a school back in the old khsaa alignment. so not entirly ahead lol
Congrats Pirates! Went about as expected. No way Russell beat Belfry on even a good day.

The game that I look forward to seeing (which doesn't count for anything but bragging rights for the fans) is the JC and Belfry game! If all goes well, I look for both to do well in the playoffs!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats Pirates! Went about as expected. No way Russell beat Belfry on even a good day.

The game that I look forward to seeing (which doesn't count for anything but bragging rights for the fans) is the JC and Belfry game! If all goes well, I look for both to do well in the playoffs!

with out a doubt the game i have looked foward to since the day scheduals were released. I'm always going to pull for the Pirates but this is going to be i true test. I know what ever the out come both teams will come out better teams and be ready for "fingers crossed" a deep run into the play offs!!!
good job belfry!!! pirates all the way baby!!!
Congrats Belfry.
Good win for Belfry, I thought that SC would put up a better fight than that. O well, see ya in the playoffs.
Nice win pirates!!

A couple of things that I want to say is first off SC, you have an awesome field!! It looks great and is something that the school, kids, parents, and community in general should be proud of. You gotta get them to work on the sewage smell though.. UGH!!! Next, I personally thought that the ref's missed quite a lot of calls tonight... I know myself I counted 8 off-sides that they either turned their heads on, totally saw and just didn't call, or called and then recanted. I did like the way they let them PLAY BALL!! IMHO there are way too many penalities for minimal reasoning. Finally, I went to go to the concession and there was a group of about 4 to 6 young men and a girl and they were VERY , VERY rude to several adults that were there. I know they made an announcement about the "non-smoking" rule during or right after half time but they were screaming at people (a couple of people to be exact) and trying to get a sheriff to say something to her/him. Now, if your not from the area your not familiar with the rules set up by the facility. Martin Co. has went smoke free and I guess some don't know that. It wouldn't have hurt for them to politely walked up to them and told them that smoking is not permitted within the facility but they are allowed outside of the gate. NO... They were screaming at them and they were about 40 feet from them. People were looking and it was honestly very rude. There are designated areas for smokers in every stadium that I have ever been in and there hasn't been a screaming teenager directing attention at anyone who either doesn't know the rules or doesn't abide by them.

Anyway, with all of that being said, congrats again Pirates, you done excellent tonight.. ALL of you...
Congrats SC on your new field it is very nice!!!!
Congrats Belfry.... This score doesnt surprise me. You guys have the best coach in Eastern KY.
Congrats Belfry
Listened to most of the 1st half and I thought it was going to be a pretty good game after the first few 3 & outs for both offenses, but it certainly didn't take long for Belfry to come alive in this one and put it out of reach early.

Congrats Pirates!
Pages: 1 2 3