Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DevilsWin makes visit to Pittsburgh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/m...index.html

While some McCain supporters might yell terrible things. It appears Hussein supporters actually act out on their hatred.
Beetle01 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/m...index.html

While some McCain supporters might yell terrible things. It appears Hussein supporters actually act out on their hatred.

Organized rally vs. ATM robbery (main motive) accompanied by person interpreting McCain bumper sticker as a racism (not real smart). All of it is ridiculous. At the same time, your equation of an organized political rally, where Obama is being painted with the broad brush of "terrorist sympathizer," with an isolated robbery and assault, is a bit of a stretch. Don't you agree?
:lmao: She gave me the finger! So I had to take care of Bidness!Smile
I wonder which is worse. Being attacked for political choice or lying about being attacked for political gain.
http://kdka.com/local/attack.McCain.Bloo...47628.html
Pittsburgh Woman To Be Charged With Making False Report After Claiming "B" Was Carved Into Face By Mugger

A John McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.

Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false, police said.

Maurita Bryant, the assistant chief of the police department's investigations division, said Todd is being charged with making a false police report.

Police doubted her story from the start, Bryant said.

"She just opened up and said she wanted to tell the truth," Bryant said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "She was upset with the media for blowing this into a political firestorm.
"

Todd, who is white, initially told police she was attacked by a 6-foot-4 black man Wednesday night.

She told investigators she was attempting to use a bank branch ATM when the man approached her from behind, put a knife with a 4- to 5-inch blade to her throat and demanded money. She said she handed the assailant $60 and walked away.

Todd claimed that she suspected the man then noticed a McCain sticker on her car, became angry and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground and telling her "you are going to be a Barack supporter," police said.

She said he continued to punch and kick her while threatening "to teach her a lesson for being a McCain supporter," police said. She said he then sat on her chest, pinned her hands down with his knees and scratched a backward letter "B" into her face with a dull knife.

Todd also told police she didn't seek medical attention, but instead went to a friend's apartment nearby and called police about 45 minutes later.

On Friday, when she admitted the story was fabricated, Todd told police she believes she cut the backward "B" onto her own cheek, but she didn't explain how or why, Bryant said.

"She said she doesn't remember doing it but knows it must have been her who did it," Bryant said, according to the Tribune-Review.

Todd reportedly said she thought of Barack Obama when she saw the "B" on her cheek and minutes later "came up what a plan" to manufacture the story, according to Bryant.

She now tells investigators she was neither robbed nor attacked.

Bryant said somebody charged with making a false report would typically be cited and sent a summons. But because police have concerns about Todd's mental health, they are consulting with the Allegheny County District Attorney. She remained in custody and was awaiting arraignment.

Todd worked in New York for the College Republican National Committee before moving two weeks ago to Pennsylvania, where her duties included recruiting college students, the committee's executive director, Ethan Eilon, has said.

Eilon declined to comment on the investigation Friday or to help The Associated Press contact Todd.

Police investigating the alleged attack quickly noticed some inconsistencies in Todd's story and administered a polygraph test, CBS station KDKA reports.

Authorities declined to release the results of that test, but investigators said they received photos from the ATM machine and "the photographs were verified as not being the victim making the transaction.
"

Police say they do not believe any other people were involved. They said Todd's friends believed the story about the attack.

Police suspected all along that Todd might not be telling the truth, starting with the fact that the "B" was backward, Bryant said.

"We have robbers here in Pittsburgh, but they don't generally mutilate someone's face like that," Bryant said. "They just take the money and run.
"

http://www. cbsnews. com/stories/2008/10/24/politics/main4544204. shtml
What an idiot...
Yeah she's an embarassment to the human race. I figured she was faking, but ya never know.
Beetle01 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/24/m...index.html

Doesn't sound to me like you thought she was faking.
thecavemaster Wrote:Doesn't sound to me like you thought she was faking.

Just because I didn't type it on here on this website, doesn't mean I thought it was for real. I didn't know, but I had my major doubts.
Beetle01 Wrote:Just because I didn't type it on here on this website, doesn't mean I thought it was for real. I didn't know, but I had my major doubts.

Read initial post on this thread. Does it read like a "major doubts" statement? Or, a "Hey, you dems, take that" statement,"? Any objective observer would conclude the latter.
thecavemaster Wrote:Read initial post on this thread. Does it read like a "major doubts" statement? Or, a "Hey, you dems, take that" statement,"? Any objective observer would conclude the latter.

I initially wasn't going to post it, but I had a chance to take a shot at my buddy DW, so I couldn't help it.

Take it however you want cavemaster.
Beetle01 Wrote:I initially wasn't going to post it, but I had a chance to take a shot at my buddy DW, so I couldn't help it.

Take it however you want cavemaster.

I cannot know motives: I can only look for the meaning in the words, the tone, the arguments as constructed and made. Debate clarifies and sharpens what each person argues, as iron sharpens iron.
I took it pretty good I think. Good Joke Beetle!
Actually, I re-read the thread again. Owe you a "never mind," Beetle 01. Never made the connection. Good joke.
DevilsWin Wrote::lmao: She gave me the finger! So I had to take care of Bidness!Smile

wow lol