Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most Under-Rated Teams in Each Class
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are some of the teams in each class that are good this year but really arent recieving each credit?

My choices are

1A- Williamsburg
2A- Monroe County
3A-Breathitt Co and Harlan County Central
4A-Boyle Co 7-0
5A Whitley Co
6A Male

Boyle County may be back to form after being down a few years and could challenge Bell County this year for a shot at state.

WhitleyCounty is up and catching attention fast so watch out for them and come playoff time do they have enough to get over the hump and make it deep in the playoffs playing in one of the most competitive districts there is.

Williamsburg is very good and i believe getting better as the season goes along and will be dangerous come playoff time.

Monroe County i really know nothing about team but last year they was 2-9 and now are 6-1 thats a big difference so maybe they could surprise someone come playoff time.

Breathitt County is getter better as the season goes along and so is Harlan County Central its not going to be strange to see these teams faceoff in the playoff and I am real sure its going to be a close game this time.

Male- Always a contender year in and year out but don't really hear much because of the Trinitys and the St Xaviers but possibly could sneak up on someone and steal the spot light in the playoff.
bac2369 Wrote:Who are some of the teams in each class that are good this year but really arent recieving each credit?

My choices are

1A- Williamsburg
2A- Monroe County
4A-Boyle Co 7-0
5A Whitley Co
6A Male

Boyle County may be back to form after being down a few years and could challenge Bell County this year for a shot at state.

WhitleyCounty is up and catching attention fast so watch out for them and come playoff time do they have enough to get over the hump and make it deep in the playoffs playing in one of the most competitive districts there is.

Williamsburg is very good and i believe getting better as the season goes along and will be dangerous come playoff time.

Monroe County i really know nothing about team but last year they was 2-9 and now are 6-1 thats a big difference so maybe they could surprise someone come playoff time.

Breathitt County is getter better as the season goes along and so is Harlan County Central its not going to be strange to see these teams faceoff in the playoff and I am real sure its going to be a close game this time.

Male- Always a contender year in and year out but don't really hear much because of the Trinitys and the St Xaviers but possibly could sneak up on someone and steal the spot light in the playoff.

I agree 100%. :Thumbs:
I figured for sure someone would add to this thread but i am guessing not!
Its easier to talk about the bad than the good!
jgrubby Wrote:Its easier to talk about the bad than the good!

Yea true but you can still give imformation about a good team as well but just not as much insight as a bad team.
1A- Williamsburg, Eminence
2A- Monroe County, Caldwell Co.
3A- Estill County (they might be a 3 seed teams better not over look them.), North Oldham
4A- Boyle Co, Allen Co-Scottsville
5A- Whitley Co, Christian Co.
6A- George Rogers Clark, Male
I just can't pick one team from each one, there is 2 to 3 teams in each class
We will see how under rated Monroe County is, this week when they play Green County! Should be a good game! Should be?
Monroes Offense has 1,636 rushing yards, while passing for 899.
They have allowed 698 rushing, and 871 yards passing. Not to bador shabby.

Green I know has over 3000 yards of total offense with very little being passing so green county is going to pound it out against monroe county.

Should be a good game and wish both teams the best of luck.
bac2369 Wrote:Monroes Offense has 1,636 rushing yards, while passing for 899.
They have allowed 698 rushing, and 871 yards passing. Not to bador shabby.

Green I know has over 3000 yards of total offense with very little being passing so green county is going to pound it out against monroe county.

Should be a good game and wish both teams the best of luck.

You also should make adjustments for Zeth Rodgers the leading rush for Green as well as for the state in 2A. Pendelton is right behind him in rushing im pretty sure, but we also have another good runner Don Don Burton that will be a great runnning back. Im sure thats who will be taking his Rodgers starting spot, with a few other running backs that are good runners. Not saying that any of them can fill Rodgers shoes, that will never happend. But dont count Green County out of the state playoffs!!!
Green has only 1 target in my opinion to get over and thats Ft Campbell.
Yes, i agree and I hope we play them soon in the playoffs, but im not sure when they play? where you from bac2369?
stonesteven Wrote:Yes, i agree and I hope we play them soon in the playoffs, but im not sure when they play? where you from bac2369?

I am from Hazard.
bac2369 Wrote:I am from Hazard.

Oh ok, that was a good game yall played with us!!! how has the season looked for you? I have a brother that plays for Green.
Yea very good against you guys i wish i could have went a watched they said you destroyed us with the running game. Season has been very good for them but ran into a wall last week against Johnson Central but heck who wouldnt have a hard time with them. Yea I got two cousins who play for hazard. # 33 Mikael Campbell and # 40 Jordan Campbell. Mikael was sick during that game and i dont think play much and Jordan was out with surgery. The team is getting better as the season goes along but unjuries have played a big part this season and its going to take a while to have the team at 100%. But the way things look in my opinion Hazard should be at state this year unless stupid things cost them.
I agree with you they should make it!! You guys a have a great hard hitting team, i hard that from a few of the players after the game! My brother is 14 John Stone the Saftey. He broke his foot last year, and has also had ankel problems. But he has been fine this year, thank god. Right now he is in the running for most picks in the 2 A with another guy.
stonesteven Wrote:I agree with you they should make it!! You guys a have a great hard hitting team, i hard that from a few of the players after the game! My brother is 14 John Stone the Saftey. He broke his foot last year, and has also had ankel problems. But he has been fine this year, thank god. Right now he is in the running for most picks in the 2 A with another guy.
Nothing like being healthy.Wish your brother the best of luck on staying healthy and good luck to making it to Papa Johns.

Last year my cousin Mikael played defensive line only and he ended up with 76 tackles ( 43 for a loss or sacks what ever you want to call it) because they dont issue it as a sack otherwise we would of had probably 20 some of those, 2 force fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. This year he has like 26 tackles and 1 blocked punt. Plus 11 rushing attemps for 113 yards and 3 touchdowns. Hopefully Green and Hazard can play next year as well because it givens them both competitve games for each others schedule. Hazard also has picked up some players that couldnt play due to eligiblity issue and one of the best players that has to sit out but i am sure will be out next year. Many people will think Hazard is down this year but they are just as good as last year but good competition makes it look that way so people shall under estimate you because of your record or thats my opinion anyways.
Sounds like he is a great D player, and i wish the team the best and hope we will see you guys make it to the playoffs and hope they can stay away from the injuries. It seems like some teams have made a big jump from there last year performance to this year, and thats in each class!!!
Never really thought of Breathitt as being underrated.
bac2369 Wrote:Who are some of the teams in each class that are good this year but really arent recieving each credit?

My choices are

1A- Williamsburg
2A- Monroe County
4A-Boyle Co 7-0
5A Whitley Co
6A Male

Good overall post. I dont see Harlan being able to play with Breathitt the way Breathitt is playing right now.
Beetle01 Wrote:Never really thought of Breathitt as being underrated.

I wouldn't neither but them going 0-2 started it but they are turning it around and getting better every day.
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Good overall post. I dont see Harlan being able to play with Breathitt the way Breathitt is playing right now.

Hey i agree but Harlan is playing much better ball as well and with a coach like Tom Larky then you will be ready for the playoffs.
stonesteven Wrote:I agree with you they should make it!! You guys a have a great hard hitting team, i hard that from a few of the players after the game! My brother is 14 John Stone the Saftey. He broke his foot last year, and has also had ankel problems. But he has been fine this year, thank god. Right now he is in the running for most picks in the 2 A with another guy.

Who was that boy, that got hit by #32 from hazard. They have to help him off the field. Is he ok now.
bac2369 Wrote:Hey i agree but Harlan is playing much better ball as well and with a coach like Tom Larky then you will be ready for the playoffs.

I agree 110%, coach Larky will have Harlan ready for the playoffs.
1A Hazard... people from EKY will turn their nose up at this pick and say Hazard gets talked about alot. But the general consensus aroudn the state after Hazard has suffered a couple losses is that they aren't on the level of LCA and Raceland, let alone the almighty Beechwood Tigers. A healthy Hazard offense is absolute torture for any 1A school in KY.

2A Desales... State Semi-Finalist a year ago who returned alot of talent. Yet, most would gladly pick Pburg over them (a team Desales beat soundly in the playoffs), and noone puts them in the same league as Ft. Campbell, NewCath, or for that matter Green County and Corbin.

3A Mason County.... Their only losses have came to 6A Boone County and Campbell County (both good teams). A win over Russell and suddenly they become a major factor in the 3A race. In the East everyone wanst tot alk about Belfry, Russell, SC, Breathitt and Mason gets the short end of the stick.

4A Lone Oak.. State Runner-up was wrote off losing Corey Robinson, but they are currently 6-1 and rolling along nicely.

5A Ashland... Last year's season and the loss to Raceland scared people away, but the Tomcats are playing REALLY good football.

6A It doesn't matter...seriously.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1A Hazard... people from EKY will turn their nose up at this pick and say Hazard gets talked about alot. But the general consensus aroudn the state after Hazard has suffered a couple losses is that they aren't on the level of LCA and Raceland, let alone the almighty Beechwood Tigers. A healthy Hazard offense is absolute torture for any 1A school in KY.

2A Desales... State Semi-Finalist a year ago who returned alot of talent. Yet, most would gladly pick Pburg over them (a team Desales beat soundly in the playoffs), and noone puts them in the same league as Ft. Campbell, NewCath, or for that matter Green County and Corbin.

3A Mason County.... Their only losses have came to 6A Boone County and Campbell County (both good teams). A win over Russell and suddenly they become a major factor in the 3A race. In the East everyone wanst tot alk about Belfry, Russell, SC, Breathitt and Mason gets the short end of the stick.

4A Lone Oak.. State Runner-up was wrote off losing Corey Robinson, but they are currently 6-1 and rolling along nicely.

5A Ashland... Last year's season and the loss to Raceland scared people away, but the Tomcats are playing REALLY good football.

I don't know way everone putting off Hazard, there 2 loses come again Green Co. 7-0 and Johnson Central 7-0. And Hazard got 7 or 8 player out right now. A few of them might be back by playoffs.
DeSales and Mason Co. Both teams can make a run in the playoffs this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1A Hazard... people from EKY will turn their nose up at this pick and say Hazard gets talked about alot. But the general consensus aroudn the state after Hazard has suffered a couple losses is that they aren't on the level of LCA and Raceland, let alone the almighty Beechwood Tigers. A healthy Hazard offense is absolute torture for any 1A school in KY.

Great Post. To be honest i agree with you on the Hazard comment and never really thought about it. But you have made me realize the same because they have lost two games already this season and people are counting them out. LCA will find out soon enough how good Hazard is and Raceland may find out later on in the playoffs how good they are and maybe Beechwood as well if Hazard can get over the hump. I believe they shall because the hump to get over will be a home game and I am sure they will be fired up and ready to play and not give up on any play until the game is over.

Mason County will get respect after beating Russell this weekend and then everyone will be calling them the quite horse in the race.

Ashland is getting better as the season comes along and they shouldnt hold there heads down for losing to Raceland because they are a good team and to be honest I dont think ashland was ready to play and I dont think you can base anthing on how the first game of the season is because teams can be rusty or teams can be just on fire but overal i love the post and hopefully we can get some more opinions in this thread.
cj2561 Wrote:Who was that boy, that got hit by #32 from hazard. They have to help him off the field. Is he ok now.

Ya he is fine, he got blind sided bad hit for him, but a good hit for #32!! LOL i cant remember who it was though!
stonesteven Wrote:Ya he is fine, he got blind sided bad hit for him, but a good hit for #32!! LOL i cant remember who it was though!

That wasn't a blind side hit.
How many games does everyone think there team may lose or win and how far in the playoff do you believe they will go?
Breathitt underrated? I can understand that starting off 0-2 isnt the greatest but Im sure that people in the state know not to write us off early in the season. We played two good teams.
Pages: 1 2