Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has the Playoff System Changed From Last Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if the playoff system from last year has already been changed. I know last year, a particular district would not play another team from another district until the 3rd round, the regional title game. I also understood that the districts who play each other would alternate each year for regional titles. For example, Distr, 5/8 made one region and Dist. 6/7 make another last year in Class A. But it should be different this year (5 not with 8 and 6 not with 7). Could someone clear this up for me and maybe give me a link because it looks like a lot of people are talking about the playoffs going back to the old, district integration first 2 rounds, which was before last year. Thanks a lot.
Districts 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8 are paired with one another in the playoffs until the regional champioship game (3rd round).

Example of the regional playoff bracket...

1 seed (District 1, 3, 5, 7) vs.
4 seed (District 2, 4, 6, 8)

2 seed (District 2, 4, 6, 8) vs.
3 seed (District 1, 3, 5, 7)

3 seed (District 2, 4, 6, 8) vs.
2 seed (District 1, 3, 5, 7)

4 seed (District 1, 3, 5, 7) vs.
1 seed (District 2, 4, 6, 8)
If I am not mistaken, class 6a stays the same. I think they are on the same as last year. Can anyone confirm this?
That's true.
The other classes went back to the old system, which is best. The switch last year confused everyone.