Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Final record for Johnson Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started this thread in week 4 and it was a little premature so now it is week 9 and they are still perfect. Lets hear everyone's predictions.

I still say 12-1. If they can make it past Highlands then 15-0 but like in a previous thread thats a (big) IF?
I see them finishing undefeated in the regular season and losing to Highlands. You never know though, Ashland could beat them, and they could also beat Highlands, tough to tell with JC.
TooFast Wrote:I started this thread in week 4 and it was a little premature so now it is week 9 and they are still perfect. Lets hear everyone's predictions.

I still say 12-1. If they can make it past Highlands then 15-0 but like in a previous thread thats a (big) IF?

That sounds about right. 12-1 and 15-0 if they either don't play highlands or beat Highlands. My Question is who will Highlands play in the second round of the playoff's IYO? Ashland, Woodford, Bryan Station.
Best Case 12-1 (losing to Highlands)
Worst Case 9-3 (losses to Belfry and Ashland and a Second Round playoff loss on the road)
brown_ind1977 Wrote:That sounds about right. 12-1 and 15-0 if they either don't play highlands or beat Highlands. My Question is who will Highlands play in the second round of the playoff's IYO? Ashland, Woodford, Bryan Station.

I'll go with Brian Station. They played us hard very hard and ill go out on a wire and say that was probably the hardest game for JC so far this season!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:That sounds about right. 12-1 and 15-0 if they either don't play highlands or beat Highlands. My Question is who will Highlands play in the second round of the playoff's IYO? Ashland, Woodford, Bryan Station.

I think that Ashland will finish second and have to make the trip to Highlands in the second round.
Is Cov Cath the number 2 team in the district on the other side.?
OutsideLogic Wrote:Is Cov Cath the number 2 team in the district on the other side.?

Not decided yet, but very likely they will be the 2.
I say 12-1.
i just want to know what makes jc better than last year to say they will beat belfry?go ahead and over look the pirtaes..
9-1 regular season losing to Belfry
Playoffs if they can get over highlands then they get a state title shot.
10-2. Bank on it.
to colse to call right now. they could go un-beaten but that is up to them. its up to how big their "heart" is and how much "will" they have. how badly do they want it. i believe they can do it but its up to them and thier heart. play as one team and leave everything out there on the field and they will be great. do your thing JC
14-1...

Coming from a Belfry fan Big Grin

Seriously though, Highlands is the only team I see beating them.
Sarrr Wrote:14-1...

Coming from a Belfry fan Big Grin

Seriously though, Highlands is the only team I see beating them.

I hate to be picky (and love your prediction that Highlands will beat JC), but if Highlands beats JC, wouldn't their record by 12-1?
charlie22 Wrote:I hate to be picky (and love your prediction that Highlands will beat JC), but if Highlands beats JC, wouldn't their record by 12-1?

I believe he was saying he hopes they lose to Belfry and then win the state title... but then said he thinks that in reality they will lose to Highlands.
i'll say 12-1
15-0.

There, I said it. Rolleyes

People crack me up when they start this threads. I sometimes understand why some of the local schools and fans look at us as they do. JC probably has more fans or accounts I should say on this website. And over half are total idoits. People start this threads looking for everyones approval of their program. The way you get peoples real attention is go out, play quality competition, and win. So far JC has done a pretty good job, not great, of doing so. I see many areas where this team can improve. But some get on here and want to crown JC State champs. You dont see the majority of Belfry fans getting on here spouting at the mouth about how good there team is and how they should be above Bell Co. No, because they have achieved the higher prize and know no matter what you say, its what you do on the field that wins games. Polls and records dont mean crap. They base their season on a State Title, not going undefeated and hoping everyone will take notice. I hope some day JC is able to get over its need for outside approval and come to the reality that you have the opportunity every Friday night to achieve greatness, not look for it through a website.
Kayaker Wrote:15-0.

There, I said it. Rolleyes

People crack me up when they start this threads. I sometimes understand why some of the local schools and fans look at us as they do. JC probably has more fans or accounts I should say on this website. And over half are total idoits. People start this threads looking for everyones approval of their program. The way you get peoples real attention is go out, play quality competition, and win. So far JC has done a pretty good job, not great, of doing so. I see many areas where this team can improve. But some get on here and want to crown JC State champs. You dont see the majority of Belfry fans getting on here spouting at the mouth about how good there team is and how they should be above Bell Co. No, because they have achieved the higher prize and know no matter what you say, its what you do on the field that wins games. Polls and records dont mean crap. They base their season on a State Title, not going undefeated and hoping everyone will take notice. I hope some day JC is able to get over its need for outside approval and come to the reality that you have the opportunity every Friday night to achieve greatness, not look for it through a website.

I think that one thing mentioned in this post is rediculous. Calling "over half " of JC fans idiots over this thread is uncalled for. Fans from different schools get on here and brag about whatever team they support on here every day, and you act like its uncommon to see that. I agree with polls not meaning anything, and that they have areas that they can improve on.
10-2 loss to Belfry and Cov. Cath in the 2nd round.
Superman20 Wrote:I think that one thing mentioned in this post is rediculous. Calling "over half " of JC fans idiots over this thread is uncalled for. Fans from different schools get on here and brag about whatever team they support on here every day, and you act like its uncommon to see that. I agree with polls not meaning anything, and that they have areas that they can improve on.

I'd say half is a conservative estimate. There has been an absolute explosion of Central fans posting on here in the last few weeks, and most of the new ones range from just goofy to absolutely insane.

We are one of the shakiest 7-0 teams in Kentucky. We barely squeaked by a Bryan Station team that Henry Clay just smacked down, and all of Lexington 6A this year is horrible. We barely squeaked by a Shelby County team that still hasn't won a game. To even breathe that we might beat Highlands is ludicrous; David over Goliath was not an upset that big. Have any of you people SEEN what Highlands has been doing to people? What they did to Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic? They threw those two teams around like rag dolls, and I bet you both of those Catholics would be number one in the Mountain Top Ten if they were playing in our region. Highlands is four touchdowns better than we are right now. They're better than anyone in the state except T and X. It's a different league. And our defense hasn't stopped any team all year outside of Class A, and I still don't think we've completed ten passes yet this season. Yes, we're a good mountain high school football team. Yes, we might beat Bell County or Belfry, but that's definitely not a given by any means. I love the enthusiasm and the effort from the team this year and they're making me proud, but I have to wonder what some of us fans are smoking here lately.
Highlands will end their season, that will be the only team to beat them.
Diogenes Wrote:I'd say half is a conservative estimate. There has been an absolute explosion of Central fans posting on here in the last few weeks, and most of the new ones range from just goofy to absolutely insane.

We are one of the shakiest 7-0 teams in Kentucky. We barely squeaked by a Bryan Station team that Henry Clay just smacked down, and all of Lexington 6A this year is horrible. We barely squeaked by a Shelby County team that still hasn't won a game. To even breathe that we might beat Highlands is ludicrous; David over Goliath was not an upset that big. Have any of you people SEEN what Highlands has been doing to people? What they did to Covington Catholic and Lexington Catholic? They threw those two teams around like rag dolls, and I bet you both of those Catholics would be number one in the Mountain Top Ten if they were playing in our region. Highlands is four touchdowns better than we are right now. They're better than anyone in the state except T and X. It's a different league. And our defense hasn't stopped any team all year outside of Class A, and I still don't think we've completed ten passes yet this season. Yes, we're a good mountain high school football team. Yes, we might beat Bell County or Belfry, but that's definitely not a given by any means. I love the enthusiasm and the effort from the team this year and they're making me proud, but I have to wonder what some of us fans are smoking here lately.

Thank you. At least someone see's what I am talking about. We are a good "mountain team", but to be a team that challenges for a state title, we have a LONG way to go. And I dont think some of the JC fans understand that.
12-1
Diogenes Wrote:I'd say half is a conservative estimate. There has been an absolute explosion of Central fans posting on here in the last few weeks, and most of the new ones range from just goofy to absolutely insane.

lol I agree with ya 110% man...

Great post. If JC keeps improving and keeps their heads on straight, they can compete with Highlands. The Belfry game comes at the perfect time to help both teams work on their weaknesses going into the playoffs. JC will still have to raise their game a couple of notches vs. Highlands.
Great post guys. Both Belfry and JC has kinks to work out yet. JC defense does need to tighten up some as Highlands is pretty good to say the least. Another great point you made was can they develop a passing game. I know Belfry won state without it but Owensboro Catholic and ETown (two teams Belfry beat) are not the same on defense as Highlands and JC will have to pass to beat them. But a lot is to be played before then.
With the Belfry game I think it will be very interesting. Central don't see many physical type teams due to the district having a lot of teams like the Lexington schools that like to spread it out. Nothing gets more physical than mountain football and it will be interesting to see how JC reacts when a team matches them physicaly and the same can be said for Belfry.