Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard vs Perry???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard that after this year, the Hazard Board has voted to not even play Perry Central in anything if it's possible. Some sports they will have to play in for seeding purposes, like soccer and girls basketball, but all the others I don't think seed so they will not be playing. NO Basketball and no Football, What a crock! :mad:
Dont you have to play the teams inside your district in Basketball??
Only if you seed, and they do not in that 54th district. Silly, I think!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I have heard that after this year, the Hazard Board has voted to not even play Perry Central in anything if it's possible. Some sports they will have to play in for seeding purposes, like soccer and girls basketball, but all the others I don't think seed so they will not be playing. NO Basketball and no Football, What a crock! :mad:

Could it be that the Perry County School system is "strangling" the Hazard Independent School system by limiting the number of students in its reciprocal agreement contract?:redboxer:
It is about time. They do that. PCC football is a joke. Until they get better way play a team like that. If you don;t have to. Hazard can play a better team to get them reald for the playoffs now. But basketball they will still play them, That game is were both team make the most money from.
thats missin out on to much money..they will play perry
cj2561 Wrote:It is about time. They do that. PCC football is a joke. Until they get better way play a team like that. If you don;t have to. Hazard can play a better team to get them reald for the playoffs now. But basketball they will still play them, That game is were both team make the most money from.

You are crazy, did you even see the game this year! Perry dominated in every aspect of the game, just because the Coach looked like he didn't have a clue how to defend a hail mary pass, and Hazard caught one in the end zone and got the win, doesn't even come close to telling how lopsided the game was! If it wasn't for the referee calling the 15 yard penalty on the last play when Hazard's boy pushed one of Perry's players into him causing him to throw the flag for a late hit, the hail mary wouldn't of even happened! So get your facts straight before you comment on something you have no idea about!Wink
mountain hoops guru Wrote:You are crazy, did you even see the game this year! Perry dominated in every aspect of the game, just because the Coach looked like he didn't have a clue how to defend a hail mary pass, and Hazard caught one in the end zone and got the win, doesn't even come close to telling how lopsided the game was! If it wasn't for the referee calling the 15 yard penalty on the last play when Hazard's boy pushed one of Perry's players into him causing him to throw the flag for a late hit, the hail mary wouldn't of even happened! So get your facts straight before you comment on something you have no idea about!Wink

That game is a joke. Just because ever few year pcc can play with hazard. You think they should still have that game. Back when i was playing, that didn;t help use. It hurt us more then it help us. Now that they winning a few games it help them alittle, with the tie-breaker. But the district that Hazard play in now. They need to play better teams to get them ready for the playoffs.
cj2561 Wrote:Like i been saying. The only ones who care about that game is PCC. Hazard could care less. Football is a joke at PCC, with that many kids. This is the most ever come out to play. with that many kids they should have 100+ kids out. I bet it is still the same way when i went there one year. The kids with the most money play.

True perry has lost the last 4 meetings against hazard. but before that the won 3 in a roll.
dore20 Wrote:True perry has lost the last 4 meetings against hazard. but before that the won 3 in a roll.

It's row not "roll"...
Remember this is not just about football, it'a about every sport: Football, golf, volleyball, baseball, basketball, wrestling, cross-country, track, tennis! Losing out on all those close games with each other is ridiculous the way travel is. And it's not even with just Perry, it's with Buckhorn too. I think it's totally ridiculous!
Who cares, Perry isnt much anyways, Hazard would have a easy win.
The Perry vs Hazard games will still be played this season due to the contracts but I agree totally ridiculous! They'll lose a ton of money, this year at the PCC vs HHS football game the front gate made around 9,000$ and that was on a rainy night.The safety of the kids is more important anyways, we know what hapen at the soccer game this year and the district tourament last year so I guess it is the right thing to do for the kids. I myself think they should play because its one of the best rivalies in EKY.
Can you say, just add more security?????? This was suggested by some high price attorney from Hazard that doesn't have a clue what goes on at these games. Just because some idiot started a fight at a soccer game and then got his butt handed to him, then decided to press charges is no reason the other kids can't enjoy this rivalry. Yes they probably do some inappropriate things that need to be patrolled a little better by the administrations from both teams, but there has never been anything serious happen! If they go about things the right way with security and have administation do their jobs, there would be no problems and everyone could continue to enjoy this great rivalry! Maybe they should get rid of some of their administration before they start laying the blame on other schools. Sounds like to me that there is a bigger problem within their school than just who they should be playing in sports!!!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Remember this is not just about football, it'a about every sport: Football, golf, volleyball, baseball, basketball, wrestling, cross-country, track, tennis! Losing out on all those close games with each other is ridiculous the way travel is. And it's not even with just Perry, it's with Buckhorn too. I think it's totally ridiculous!

No its just football and boys basketball every other sport has to play for seeding in district.
dore20 Wrote:Awww thats cute the lil pups r scared to play us ne more in anything. And cj u r a idiot Perry is just as good as Hazard at football, hence u all won on a lucky play. Hazard is just scared and pretty much everyone in control of that city school system are idiots.

All you have to do is read some of the comments on this thread and you can see why the Hazard board made this decision.
Very much agreed. Best rivalry IMO also.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:All you have to do is read some of the comments on this thread and you can see why the Hazard board made this decision.

So you don't play people who criticize you?
palmer Wrote:So you don't play people who criticize you?

Calling people stupid and idiots is not criticizing...it's name calling. And I didn't think it was allowed on this forum.
It's not the kids that usually act so bad its the adults !!!Maybe if the adults would grow up they may not have to resort to these actions!!!
I don't think it's a decision based on possible wins and losses. The behavior of players and fans/parents at these contests is at the root of the problem. There have been problems at virtually every sport they have played each other in. Last spring, there was an ugly incident at a baseball game as well. For the administration to risk losing thousands of dollars in gate reciepts by refusing to play other Perry Co. schools, speaks volumes to seriousness of the situation. Blame should be shared by all. Fans are guilty of their overzealous behavior. Administration, for allowing it to get this bad. Coaches, for not controlling your kids a little better.
What is really funny, after all the problems that happen at all of these games, all of the kids get together in the park, restaurants, each others houses, hotel rooms, etc. and party with each other and act like normal people! I would have to agree that all the adults are the ones that put pressure on these kids to act like nuts at these particular games a couple times a year, but after the game is over it's over and everyone goes back to being best friends from rival schools. I think it's hilarious that they are so scared of these two schools playing when everyone in the county are all pretty much friends. They go to each other's parties, dances, etc. and have no problems, it's all just so stupid how they all act at these games and simply comes down to the adults and both schools administrations. If there was any discipline at all at either of these schools, maybe the kids would act a little better. It all has to start from the top. Maybe the boards should looks at changing the leaders instead of blaming it on the schools and their kids.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:What is really funny, after all the problems that happen at all of these games, all of the kids get together in the park, restaurants, each others houses, hotel rooms, etc. and party with each other and act like normal people! I would have to agree that all the adults are the ones that put pressure on these kids to act like nuts at these particular games a couple times a year, but after the game is over it's over and everyone goes back to being best friends from rival schools. I think it's hilarious that they are so scared of these two schools playing when everyone in the county are all pretty much friends. They go to each other's parties, dances, etc. and have no problems, it's all just so stupid how they all act at these games and simply comes down to the adults and both schools administrations. If there was any discipline at all at either of these schools, maybe the kids would act a little better. It all has to start from the top. Maybe the boards should looks at changing the leaders instead of blaming it on the schools and their kids.

Very much agreed!
Maybe this will be a wake up call for everyone and things will change in the future so Hazard and PCC can continue this great rivalry!! Good luck to both schools!!