Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the #1 draft pick in the NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts
Michael Oher, an offensive tackle from Ole Miss. He has been a consistent top 3 choice in all mock drafts especially number 1. I have seen some vids on him and he is a brick wall.
You're right BF. BUT, the #1 pick in the draft depends on who has that pick. If a team has 2 outstanding OT's then they're probably not going to draft Oher as that would be a wasted pick. But, let me reiterate the fact that it depends on who the team is.:thumpsup:
Whomever it is, they will be a Bungle.Smile Smile
Texas QB
Colt won't go pro, next to UK I am a huge Longhorn fan and he will be at Texas next year I promise ya. JShort I do agree with you but he is the type of player that I don't believe would be passed over.
Jshort5 Wrote:You're right BF. BUT, the #1 pick in the draft depends on who has that pick. If a team has 2 outstanding OT's then they're probably not going to draft Oher as that would be a wasted pick. But, let me reiterate the fact that it depends on who the team is.:thumpsup:
I agree...the overall QB class is weak this year, so you'll probably see an offensive lineman, or a defensive player go first this year. I look for Rey Maualuga(sp) the linebacker out of USC to go pretty high.
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

Speaking of the draft, when you search 2009 Mock Draft this is the site for the number 1 search. When I get bored I like to keep updated on it and use this site. Trevard Lindley is listed as the projected 30th pick to the Skins.
Tiger77 Wrote:Whomever it is, they will be a Bungle.Smile Smile

I feel sorry for them already.
Then in the 2010 draft, if Trevard waits which will be likely they have him 18th.
how are our uk boys doing this year in the nfl? any news on that?
Bengals need a center before a tackle. I even think that we need guards before a tackle.

Benson looks good enough that I don't think we need a RB, and our defense is ranked 16th or so and that's with Thornton being a waste on the line and neither of our rookies getting any significant PT right now.
I expect the Bengals to win a few games before this year is over, but the Lions may never win again, they'll have first pick.
Raiders might get the first pick too
Eventually they will be good with McFadden and Jamarcus Russell if they can bring in any other talent.
This thread should be called, "Who will the Bengals select with the #1 overall pick?" Sad

This is not a good team anyway, and without Carson they're lifeless on offense. Plus they just lost this year's first-round pick, Keith Rivers, to a season-ending injury. So I don't think they'll win a game. At least Detroit plays in a sucky division that gives them a better chance to win.

As for who will be the pick? I don't know, but I'm sure Mike Brown will screw it up somehow...
Tim Tebow
Just all according to who the team may be. Tebow will not be a 1st round or maybe a 2nd round pic. He is a GREAT college QB and his style of play is great for college, but when it comes to the NFL, his body could not uphold that same style of play. Decent arm with decent accuracy. But it is just all according to who needs what. So balanced this year!
runninrebs21 Wrote:Tim Tebow

I hope he stays for his Senior season.
It depends on who is picking first.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Just all according to who the team may be. Tebow will not be a 1st round or maybe a 2nd round pic. He is a GREAT college QB and his style of play is great for college, but when it comes to the NFL, his body could not uphold that same style of play. Decent arm with decent accuracy. But it is just all according to who needs what. So balanced this year!
I agree..he fits great into Urbans system of offense, but I dont think that he will be able to put up numbers in the NFL...I may be wrong though!
Matthew Stafford will be the first pick if a team other than the Bengals picks first. If Cincinnati picks first, which is almost certain, I expect them to pick someone who will not be very good. They are just a mess right now. Look for a defensive player with a huge combine but no real playing ability to go there and then proceed to suck until he gets cut.
The Bungles need:

QB
RB
Whole new O-line
Whole new D-line
LB
CB
SS
FS

Think we can draft a coach?

Other than that, I think they are good. Smile
BCF4L Wrote:The Bungles need:

QB
RB
Whole new O-line
Whole new D-line
LB
CB
SS
FS

Other than that, I think they are good. Smile
LB- Keith Rivers
CB-Jonathan Joseph
CB-Leon Hall
SS-Marvin White
FS- Chinedum Ndukwe
QB-Carson Palmer
RB-Cedric Benson
DT-Domata Peko
DT-Pat Sims
HC- Pete Caroll
We are good we just don't play with intensity other than the defense, we also have alot of young players that have alot of POTENTIAL like Pat Sims, but we'll see what they do with that POTENTIAL.
Its really to early to tell cause this time last year everyone thought itd be bryan brohm but by the time the draft came around it was jake long someone i didnt hear about till the end of the college football season, so it is really to early to tell but i say it might be the qb from missouri
Jshort5 Wrote:LB- Keith Rivers
CB-Jonathan Joseph
CB-Leon Hall
SS-Marvin White
FS- Chinedum Ndukwe
QB-Carson Palmer
RB-Cedric Benson
DT-Domata Peko
DT-Pat Sims
HC- Pete Caroll
We are good we just don't play with intensity other than the defense, we also have alot of young players that have alot of POTENTIAL like Pat Sims, but we'll see what they do with that POTENTIAL.
We need someone to compliment Rivers. Joseph is severely overrated and gets beat every game. Marvin White couldn't tackle my 2 year old. Carson Palmer is a wuss since he hurt his knee and really needs to be traded. Benson is okay but we really need an explosive back. Pete Caroll at coach would be cool.
Listen guys I dont mean to upset yall or anything but the fact of the matter is this:
It doesnt matter if the Bengals had the 80s 49ers on the field on offense and the 70s Steel Curtain on defense with Vince Lombari coaching them. As long as Mike Brown is owner the Bengals will never win anything because he just doesnt care. As long as butts are in the seats on sunday hes still making money. And the sad part is that you guys expect it to be different. The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior expecting different results. You Bengals fans know what Mike Brown is gonna do every year but yet you think its gonna be different somehow?
BCF4L Wrote:The Bungles need:

QB
RB
Whole new O-line
Whole new D-line
LB
CB
SS
FS

They definitely don't need a QB. I'll take Carson Palmer to lead my team anytime, he just needs an offensive line to protect for him. I'd be jittery too if my line was letting the defense get in the backfield almost as soon as the ball was snapped.

I will agree with you on the O-line, it is underachieving an needs an influx of new talent. The D-line has some talent, but Thornton has got to go. He's not even a decent backup, let alone a starter.

As for the secondary, I like Ndukwe a lot. Jonathan Joseph has the talent to be a top cover guy, he just needs to stay healthy. Leon Hall will never be an elite guy and was drafted too highly, but he makes a decent #2 or 3 corner.

As for head coach, you are exactly right. The team has quit on Marvin Lewis and it is obvious he can't get it back. So it is time for him to go. It's just too bad we couldn't get a new owner too. Sad
BCF4L Wrote:We need someone to compliment Rivers. Joseph is severely overrated and gets beat every game. Marvin White couldn't tackle my 2 year old. Carson Palmer is a wuss since he hurt his knee and really needs to be traded. Benson is okay but we really need an explosive back. Pete Caroll at coach would be cool.
I would be a wuss to if I had no O-line and another hit to my knee would be a possible career ender, thats just my opinion.
Well I agree that the offensive line doesn't help anything, but his stats don't lie. The O-line wasn't much different if at all in 2006, the year after his ACL tear. Here are his stats from 2005-present.

In 2005 he had a QB rating of 101.1. 2006 it was 93.9, 07 86.7, and in 4 games this year its at a whopping 69.0. There is a steady decline.

His INT rate has gone up from 12 in 05 to 20 in 07. Now before you blame the offensive line for last year, here is an interesting stat. Carson was sacked 19 times in 05 and only 17 times in 07. Now, who do you blame here?

I still stand by my statement that Carson Palmer is not the QB he was in 2005, and a change needs to be made. Heck, at least Fitzpatrick throws it to Chad Johnson every once in a while. That's more than can be said about Carson.
BCF4L Wrote:Well I agree that the offensive line doesn't help anything, but his stats don't lie. The O-line wasn't much different if at all in 2006, the year after his ACL tear. Here are his stats from 2005-present.

In 2005 he had a QB rating of 101.1. 2006 it was 93.9, 07 86.7, and in 4 games this year its at a whopping 69.0. There is a steady decline.

His INT rate has gone up from 12 in 05 to 20 in 07. Now before you blame the offensive line for last year, here is an interesting stat. Carson was sacked 19 times in 05 and only 17 times in 07. Now, who do you blame here?

I still stand by my statement that Carson Palmer is not the QB he was in 2005, and a change needs to be made. Heck, at least Fitzpatrick throws it to Chad Johnson every once in a while. That's more than can be said about Carson.
I'm just not willing to accept the fact that Carson's career was ruined by Kimo Von Ill****upyourknee.
Pages: 1 2