Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Improving A Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There has been much talk about Lewis Counties downward spiral in football.

I have my beliefs why this is occuring. I'll save that for later.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve a program from the ground up.
dont know kranky, but coach hughes is a heck of a guy, i hope he gets things turned around.....................best of luck to coach hughes
Improvement doesnt come over night or just doesnt take a season. It will take time and i believe the Lewis County coach will do fine. Good Luck Coach
It all starts in the grade schools. A good feeder program is the only way to not just be good but stay good. Good coach's that are on the same page with the coach's at the middle school and grade schools. Run the same Offense and defense from grade school up to high school. Coach's also should instill hart and respect and discipline into it's system and kids. This is my opinion any way.
Coach Hughes is a really nice guy.He has his work cut out for him. I believe if left alone he can do it.
My school in Virginia was 0-10 in 2005, 2-8 in 2006, 4-6 last year and 4-3 so far this year and tied for 2nd in the district. Hopefully we've gotten it turned around.
I know coach Hughes is a nice guy and he's certainly not the problem. We have a 3-23 record over the last 2 1/2 years. We need major help and reorganization. I am looking for suggestions for what offense and defenses to run. I know that depends on what personmel a team has. I'm just wanting to know what the successful programs are doing as far as the O and the D are concerned. Also what kind of off season training/conditioning/weight lifting do they do. How does other programs deal with outside influences i.e. know-it-all parents, GOBs, etc......

How do others groom their junior league players? How are your programs structured, ran, established?

How do you fund them?