Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCMS Basketball 08-09 How good will they be???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rumor has it that some of the middle school players have left LC and transferred to Mason Co for ball.

Is there any truth to those rumors?????
Confusedhh:Confusedecret:
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Rumor has it that some of the middle school players have left LC and transferred to Mason Co for ball.

Is there any truth to those rumors?????
rumors are true one is gone because of ":CE_DP_Stegob:CE_DP_Ste" other is gone might get better chance for scholarship in high school:graduate:
:CE_DP_Ste
kybaseball Wrote:Did the GOB run off another player to another county? I hope it wasn't one of their better players.

I did here that one player left a couple of years ago and one of their parents still coach at LC.Tell me this aint so.

If they are losing players like that they won't be very good

yep! two good 7th graders:CE_DP_Ste i heard. one earlier this school and other after lc fall break :CE_DP_Ste Confusedecret:Wink
don't know much about them right now:CE_DP_Ste
I don't know why we have allowed so few control it all.

If we would only allow the coaches to coach and the best players play, and keep some of the parents out of both, we would be far better off than we are now. As long as the GOBs are controlling it all, we'll never ever be able to reach our potential.
kybaseball Wrote:Did the GOB run off another player to another county? I hope it wasn't one of their better players.

I did here that one player left a couple of years ago and one of their parents still coach at LC.Tell me this aint so.

If they are losing players like that they won't be very good.

sorry to bust your bubble kybaseball, but yes it is true, the parent of the transfer still coaches in good ole LC:confused: Sad
:thatsfunn :wenumber1 :omg: :what: :welcome:mad:
I thought that was a rumor.If I knew it were true I wouldn't have asked.:o :o :o
Why would you think it is a rumor?

That loud noise you are hearing is the sucking sound of our outstanding athletes leaving for greenier pastures.

Why? I'm glad you asked. Because they are sick and tired of all the outside influence in our sports programs by the GOBs
ukfanatic_37Confusedalute: :theman: :High5:
kranky Wrote:Why would you think it is a rumor?

That loud noise you are hearing is the sucking sound of our outstanding athletes leaving for greenier pastures.

Why? I'm glad you asked. Because they are sick and tired of all the outside influence in our sports programs by the GOBs

I meant about the coaching thing.Man I feel like crap over that one.

What about the remaining athletes I wonder how they feel about the middle school programs?
LC is who?
kybaseball Wrote:I meant about the coaching thing.Man I feel like crap over that one.

What about the remaining athletes I wonder how they feel about the middle school programs?

I don't know. It's not good. It's not good at all. Something needs to change and it needs to be soon and drastic.

It's embarassing knowing teams up and down the river are laughing. We used to better.

Hopefully, the community will come together and demand change so all of our athletes at all level are on a level playing field.
NEXT Wrote:LC is who?
Right know it is "LOOSER" county(lewis co) til things :beg: straighten up around there:help: an and :mop: up the ":CE_DP_Stegob:CE_DP_Ste"
That's what I've been trying to spread the word about goal line. Lewis County athletics at all levels will not improve until we clean up the gob situation. It's a mess and it needs to be dealt with.

I believe we have good athletes and good coaching to compete at all levels. I believe they are mired in mud because the GOB controls everything.

Until the community says enough is enough, Lewis County remains the laughing stalk of the river teams and it doesn't feel good either.
I'd say it would be nice to be able to compete in the EKC too.
i here Confusedecret: that tryouts are next week. i wonder how that will turn out??:yesno:
I heard Mason County has already had their tryouts. They kept around 15 or 16 kids per grade. I wonder if our bunch will do that. I also wonder if Mason will teach all of them or only a few.

I'd guess ours will be a farse like last year. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
kranky Wrote:I heard Mason County has already had their tryouts. They kept around 15 or 16 kids per grade. I wonder if our bunch will do that. I also wonder if Mason will teach all of them or only a few.

I'd guess ours will be a farse like last year. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

If the stories I heard are true I hope it does not. Surley to goodness somebody in power will have enough sense or Moral fiber not to allow the same stuff that happen last year continue again this year.:eek:
kybaseball Wrote:If the stories I heard are true I hope it does not. Surley to goodness somebody in power will have enough sense or Moral fiber not to allow the same stuff that happen last year continue again this year.:eek:

you got that right kyb:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
well, tryouts were this week. Does anyone know who made it and who didnt'??
Confusedecret: Smile Smile
wonderpeople Wrote:well, tryouts were this week. Does anyone know who made it and who didnt'??
I heard Confusedhh: Big Grin Verity Middle School 8th grade :flame: beat LCMS 8th real bad yesterday @ the East Middle School tourney. Is there any truth to this?:confused: :confused:
Rolleyes I heard through the grapevine that the game you are referring to goalline was nothing but an emabarrasing farse for ALL involved heard that lc got beat by 40 something points dont know nothing about it but from what i heard about it it was shamefulSad
The Lchs thread on this site said that 7th graders were named @ the blue and white game last Friday night on the freshman team. Are those same 7th graders playing 8th? If they are:bigeyed:WOW:bigeyed: . They must be real good players.
Lc got beat pretty badly. BUT.....only 2 of the 8th graders on the team got any playing time last year. The others rode the pine all year while 4 6th graders moved up and played the game for them. Lack of experience will kill you. Its hard for kids to move up and compete with a team like Verity after basically sitting out for a year. No blame should be placed on those boys, they done all they could, the blame lies in the decision to move up those players last year for "experience" while these boys took a back seat, now 2 of them are gone to mason co.(graditude for you) and the boys that are left will bear the brunt of the jokes because of the "great coaching staff" in lc that allowed this to happen. What's the answer now???????????????????????
:rockon::thumpsup: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
whateverfloats Wrote:Lc got beat pretty badly. BUT.....only 2 of the 8th graders on the team got any playing time last year. The others rode the pine all year while 4 6th graders moved up and played the game for them. Lack of experience will kill you. Its hard for kids to move up and compete with a team like Verity after basically sitting out for a year. No blame should be placed on those boys, they done all they could, the blame lies in the decision to move up those players last year for "experience" while these boys took a back seat, now 2 of them are gone to mason co.(graditude for you) and the boys that are left will bear the brunt of the jokes because of the "great coaching staff" in lc that allowed this to happen. What's the answer now???????????????????????
whateverfloats Wrote:Lc got beat pretty badly. BUT.....only 2 of the 8th graders on the team got any playing time last year. The others rode the pine all year while 4 6th graders moved up and played the game for them. Lack of experience will kill you. Its hard for kids to move up and compete with a team like Verity after basically sitting out for a year. No blame should be placed on those boys, they done all they could, the blame lies in the decision to move up those players last year for "experience" while these boys took a back seat, now 2 of them are gone to mason co.(graditude for you) and the boys that are left will bear the brunt of the jokes because of the "great coaching staff" in lc that allowed this to happen. What's the answer now???????????????????????

:rockon: I couldn't have said that any better, that comment is the absolute truth!! You hit the nail right on the head. I feel sooooooooooo sorry for those boys who were put in the position they were in, it made them looks like fools and for what............................so that the "UK" bounds kids could do all the real work..................pshhhhhhhh............makes me sick to my stomach.

Way to go whateverfloats, welcome to our message board, we are glad to have you.Wink

RIGHT ON.Your right on the money whateverfloats.Yeah there GOB what's your answer now? There were several kids that could play a little that were lucky to see the floor last year.They lost a year of developement for what??????? Nothing BUT FLAT OUT IGNORANCE .There are a few coaches and administratos that need to be flat ran off. It is pitiful what they have done.

Moves like this is why Lewis has so many regional titles and trips to the sweet 16.

I don't blame those kids a bit for going to Mason, it was the smartest move their parents could have made.

Sorry for going off but what was done was a JOKE.
Pages: 1 2