Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to confirm who we are picking up next year? I know Belfry, but who else?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just wanted to confirm who we are picking up next year? I know Belfry, but who else?

I wish JCHS, come on schedule us please.
I don't know about next year..BUT I PROMISE....the next 2 to 3 years..You might not hope that..
the next 2 or 3 years why wouldn't they hope that
Lcc has a long ways to go before they are going to be state contenders. They need to really focus next couple of years on off season work, and use there new feeder system the way it is suppose to be used. We can't run spread offsense every single year. You have to change from what you have, and what you are getting. The line is the #1 thing that has to get better, and coach maggard has them in the right direction. The kids just have to believe in football year round, and work hard year round.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Lcc has a long ways to go before they are going to be state contenders. They need to really focus next couple of years on off season work, and use there new feeder system the way it is suppose to be used. We can't run spread offsense every single year. You have to change from what you have, and what you are getting. The line is the #1 thing that has to get better, and coach maggard has them in the right direction. The kids just have to believe in football year round, and work hard year round.

Why can't you run the same system every year? The teams that change every year are the ones that are not successful. We run the ball very effectively using the spread. Breathitt has done pretty good using it every year. You may not throw it as much from year to year, but staying in a system is the most important thing. Belfry seems to do well running the wishbone every year. BTW we do focus on off season work. We lift and run from December to August very hard and even during the season. If you think I need to go to a wishbone next year with Logan, come by and give me some insight.
HazzBeen Wrote:Why can't you run the same system every year? The teams that change every year are the ones that are not successful. We run the ball very effectively using the spread. Breathitt has done pretty good using it every year. You may not throw it as much from year to year, but staying in a system is the most important thing. Belfry seems to do well running the wishbone every year. BTW we do focus on off season work. We lift and run from December to August very hard and even during the season. If you think I need to go to a wishbone next year with Logan, come by and give me some insight.

I agree HazzBeen. Get good at what you do and there shouldn't be any problems in matching up your system with other teams.
Exactly..and my question is..What kind of offense do you think they should go to cougarpride? Running the spread with Charlie is a PERFECT FIT as physical as he is.
Bell was in the picture but Coach Howard did not want a return trip to Bell Co.
If you have a quarterback that is mobile, the spread is perfect. The only bad thing is the defense is looking at charlie all the time. This is my opinion, but mixing it up a little bit would confuse the defense. I would like to see the ball being thrown a little bit. I think letting him work a little on passing will help him when he gets into college. You have awesome recievers who are there and running the spread only limits them. I really know a little about football, but I just see things different I guess. More screens coaches...Smile
HazzBeen Wrote:Why can't you run the same system every year? The teams that change every year are the ones that are not successful. We run the ball very effectively using the spread. Breathitt has done pretty good using it every year. You may not throw it as much from year to year, but staying in a system is the most important thing. Belfry seems to do well running the wishbone every year. BTW we do focus on off season work. We lift and run from December to August very hard and even during the season. If you think I need to go to a wishbone next year with Logan, come by and give me some insight.

I know that you do, but the problem is not all of them take advantage. You know that you have some lazy football players out there. You do have some great players who are dedicated, but you also have some players who doesn't show up at all when it comes to conditioning, and lifting. If 40% more of your players work in the offseason that what you do have, then your team would be dominate. Don't get me wrong hazzbeen, I am cougar blue all the way through, but I do think some of your players need to show up, and bring forth there full potential.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If you have a quarterback that is mobile, the spread is perfect. The only bad thing is the defense is looking at charlie all the time. This is my opinion, but mixing it up a little bit would confuse the defense. I would like to see the ball being thrown a little bit. I think letting him work a little on passing will help him when he gets into college. You have awesome recievers who are there and running the spread only limits them. I really know a little about football, but I just see things different I guess. More screens coaches...Smile

The spread limits receivers? I would love to throw it every down but we are just not getting the protection that we need right now. We ran plenty of screens the other night but again we did not get the downfield blocking that we needed from the receivers and lineman.