Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pilonidal Cyst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever had one of these? I currently do and it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Sad
Had one many years ago right on the end of my tailbone. Finally had it removed in about 99
Oh YEAH.... Had one lanced and was doing rather well BUT with the birth of my first child, it came back full force!!!

Honestly, it was in July, temperature of 102 degrees..... (let me say this was 19 years ago and I remember it vividly)...... I was freezing to death, wearing jeans, sweatshirt, and jacket, not to mention covered with a thick blanket. It had spread infection throughout my body and just about kicked my tail!! LITERALLY!

If you haven't had something done for it OR have a surgery scheduled to get it removed... do it NOW... It will NOT get better and it doesn't go away.... It takes some time for the recovery also but I can tell you nothing other than childbirth AND kidney stones have hurt me worse!!!
Last Monday it was getting kind of uncomfortable to sit but I didn't really think anything of it. Monday night I started feeling this knot on my butt and my tailbone. By Tuesday night, I couldn't lie on my back and barely got any sleep. I went to the on-campus clinic at EKU (which is a complete joke) and the Nurse Practitioner told me that I had a muscle spasm. So she gave me muscle relaxers and told me to come back in a couple of days if it didn't get any better. By Friday I could barely move. I couldn't stand up or roll over. The knot under my skin got to the size of about a tennis ball. So on Friday I went to my family doc and she told me I had a pilonidal cyst and needed to see a surgeon asap. The doc called the surgeon personally and he agreed to see me that night in the ER. I saw him and he gave me a shot of antibiotics and gave me oral antibiotics. My temp has been around 101.5-102. I'm going to see the surgeon again tomorrow to see if he wants to let it drain on its own or if he wants to do surgery. It has started to open up so now I have some relief but it is still painful. The circumfrence of the knot under my skin is about the size of a softball. Sad
Cali Wrote:Last Monday it was getting kind of uncomfortable to sit but I didn't really think anything of it. Monday night I started feeling this knot on my butt and my tailbone. By Tuesday night, I couldn't lie on my back and barely got any sleep. I went to the on-campus clinic at EKU (which is a complete joke) and the Nurse Practitioner told me that I had a muscle spasm. So she gave me muscle relaxers and told me to come back in a couple of days if it didn't get any better. By Friday I could barely move. I couldn't stand up or roll over. The knot under my skin got to the size of about a tennis ball. So on Friday I went to my family doc and she told me I had a pilonidal cyst and needed to see a surgeon asap. The doc called the surgeon personally and he agreed to see me that night in the ER. I saw him and he gave me a shot of antibiotics and gave me oral antibiotics. My temp has been around 101.5-102. I'm going to see the surgeon again tomorrow to see if he wants to let it drain on its own or if he wants to do surgery. It has started to open up so now I have some relief but it is still painful. The circumfrence of the knot under my skin is about the size of a softball. Sad

Sounds exactly like mine!!! When they took mine out it was the size of a softball!!! There will be a "hole" left for draining when you do have it done so be prepared. I can give you more info just not in open forum!!! LOL.... PM me and if you need some insight or a little of "kind of what to expect"... I can help ya out!! Been there done that!!! UGH... I so feel your pain!!!
*in my prayers*
He has me on antibiotics right now and we are trying to let it drain on its own, but it is draining very slowly. I go back next Thursday to see how it's going. He said I will probably have to have surgery to keep it from coming back.
Hope everything works out for you Cali!
Keep me updated Cali. It sounds like you are in a world of pain. Hope everything works out as soon as possible.
I went back to see the surgeon today and he told me that he wants to surgically remove it. He wanted to do the surgery the first week of November but I can't because of school so I go back to see him on December 2nd. I will probably have to have the surgery a few days before Christmas unless it comes back before then.
Hope it doesn't give you any problems until then and that surgery can go off without a hitch.
I would get it over with as quickly as finals are over!! You wanna be able to get back "into the swing" of things ASAP!!

You will be down for a little while and Christmas break would be a GREAT time to do it!!

**Prayers are with ya girl!!**