Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Best Running Game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who has the best running game? Not just in the mountains, but in KY..
Beechwood - there 10+ titles shows it.
Belfry
Raceland
Johnson Central
Green Co.
P-burg
Corbin
This is just a few.
cj2561 Wrote:Beechwood - there 10+ titles shows it.
Belfry
Raceland
Johnson Central
Green Co.
P-burg
Corbin
This is just a few.

Their 10+ titles don't have anything to do with this years team and their running ability. However, they are pretty solid on the ground.
Green County, John Hardin, and Johnson Central.
I think green county has the best in 2A!
I think that JCHS does have the best running game. Not trying to be bais. They run the ball with so many backs that their is no stand out guy. I am sure that if they would have just had one back its hard telling what kind of yards that he would have racked up. I for one love the running backs by comity, and it seams to be working great. So no, they are not going to have one kid racking up the stat's but they are a great team, meaning all 11 players on offense.
St. X
Estill has a good running game.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:Estill has a good running game.

But do you think Estill has the best running game in the state of KY?
1A
Beechwood

2A
Green County

3A
Belfry

4A
Bell County

5A
John Hardin (But if Highlands wanted to run the ball 90% of the time they would be the best)

6A
St. X

On the whole, St. X is in another league than everyone else.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Who has the best running game? Not just in the mountains, but in KY..

Belfry and JC in these parts. It is really hard to say in any other part of the state because none of us get to see all the teams. Sometimes you just have to go by highlights or on reputation. I think it will be ineresting when JC and Belfry play. The game may be finished by 830 if both teams run it like normal. Ha Ha.
Corbin has a great ground attack with several contributing players.
cj2561 Wrote:Beechwood - there 10+ titles shows it.
Belfry
Raceland
Johnson Central
Green Co.
P-burg
Corbin
This is just a few.

You can put pburg and corbin but not sheldon clark????
in the whole state easy. ST X
schs_06 Wrote:You can put pburg and corbin but not sheldon clark????

I never saw Sheldon Clark play, in a few years. The last time i saw them play, they throw it more then they run it.
last year sc running back adam dials rushed for over 2000 yards.
they never passed the ball alot till this year. and they have only done that like 70 times
How can you put John Hardin the best in 5A, Johnson Central averages more a game??? im confused!!!
TOP 15 TEAM RUSHING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 5 games)
(ranked by rushing yards average)
School Gms Yds Avg
Green County 6 2431 405
Allen Central 6 2148 358
Belfry 5 1788 358
Estill County 6 2108 351
Muhlenberg South 6 2086 348
Henderson County 5 1539 308
John Hardin 6 1839 307
Beechwood 6 1824 304
Breathitt County 5 1475 295
Ashland Blazer 6 1733 289
Whitley County 5 1447 289
Shelby Valley 5 1445 289
Hazard 6 1697 283
Fort Campbell 6 1686 281
Bellevue 6 1680 280

This is acording to The KHSAA Web site.
all these teams have a great backfield.. but lets not forget about bath co. ive seen them play numerous times. and they kno how to spark the other teams defensive schemes. that metz kid is a powerful fullback. with the blocking infront of that Ashby kid (or whatever his last name is). cant wait to see how they do with the continuing there success. bath co. has a solid line. with meadows, daliey, and spence its amazing what a offense could do.
Bell County hands down has the best rushing attack
In the Mountains that is...I have no idea about the entire state
furiouseverett Wrote:TOP 15 TEAM RUSHING LEADERS
(playing a minimum of 5 games)
(ranked by rushing yards average)
School Gms Yds Avg
Green County 6 2431 405
Allen Central 6 2148 358
Belfry 5 1788 358
Estill County 6 2108 351
Muhlenberg South 6 2086 348
Henderson County 5 1539 308
John Hardin 6 1839 307
Beechwood 6 1824 304
Breathitt County 5 1475 295
Ashland Blazer 6 1733 289
Whitley County 5 1447 289
Shelby Valley 5 1445 289
Hazard 6 1697 283
Fort Campbell 6 1686 281
Bellevue 6 1680 280

This is acording to The KHSAA Web site.

Wondering why JCHS is not in this list?
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Wondering why JCHS is not in this list?
I was wondering the same thing...nice to see Allen Central up there on the list though
I'm going to have to go with Highlands. Grant it, their #1 running back (Josh Connor, Mr. Football Candidate) has been out until now with a broken leg, but lets face it, they haven't skipped a beat with #2, #3, #4, running backs Crawford, Head, and Fennell.
JC has to be on the list. They rushed for 689 against Woodford and then 599 against Paintsville. I'm no mathematician, but in two games they ran for 1288 yards which is an average of 644/game. I know in the other 4 games that it wasn't as many, but average over 400 a game in those contests.
I dont see JC in any of the stats on khsaa....maybe they just havent turned any stats in yet?
gish_7 Wrote:I dont see JC in any of the stats on khsaa....maybe they just havent turned any stats in yet?

You are right. If they don't turn the stats in, then they don't get posted. JC will be at or near the top when and if they turn them in.
I'm pretty sure they DON'T turn in stats. Just something I heard. Nothing concrete.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I'm pretty sure they DON'T turn in stats. Just something I heard. Nothing concrete.

They have reported stats in some of the games this year to the KHSAA, but just not the Woodford and Paintsville games(the last time i checked). That brings there yds per game down until they turn in those stats. But JC would be near if not on top once those #'s were turned in. Every since Matney has been at JC, he has been known not to turn in stats until the end, I guess he likes to fly under the radar lol. But with the success of the JC program and the internet age, there isnt to much that goes unnoticed.
i have 2 go with jchs, they have so many backs they all stay fresh, they have an incredible freshmen HB 2
Pages: 1 2