Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 45 - Tug Valley, WV 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Great game for SV..I thought both teams had great sportsmanship, Way to play as hard as you can Tug valley and Good Luck to both teams in the future..Anyone have any stats for this game or know of any big players in the game?
Why does S.V. go outside the state to schedule teams?
Im not really sure but id suppose that they like to see how the match up to other teams than just around Pike County but im not really sure.
Tug Valley must be realllllllllly weak
Might be weak but always good to see a KY team beat an out of state team! I love the name Tug Valley though..Sounds like a football school anyways, lol!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Might be weak but always good to see a KY team beat an out of state team! I love the name Tug Valley though..Sounds like a football school anyways, lol!

No its not at all. Good basketball school thought. Shelby Valley and Tug Valley would make a great basketball match up. Tug valley went something like 6 years without a winning season. Back in 95 they had over 80 players and won 9 games. Then they didnt win a game for a couple years and dropped down to 17 players.
Matman Wrote:No its not at all. Good basketball school thought. Shelby Valley and Tug Valley would make a great basketball match up. Tug valley went something like 6 years without a winning season. Back in 95 they had over 80 players and won 9 games. Then they didnt win a game for a couple years and dropped down to 17 players.

SV and Tug valley played basketball either this season or last season and SV beat them around 20 points.. But Tug Valley is a basketball school and not football..
Congrats Valley. Looks like that pep rally needs to be a weekly thing!
Tug Valley is horrible at football. They haven't won a game all season.

They have had some great b-ball seasons though. I think they even won a AA state championship one year. but they've been down the last few years.
In my post, I meant it by saying that the name TUG VALLEY sounds like a tough football name. I know there football history and know how much they struggle year in and year out.
I would like to Shelby Valley and Hazard play. Has this ever happened?
Fridaynightmare Wrote:I would like to Shelby Valley and Hazard play. Has this ever happened?

I dont think they have ever played a game in football, i know they have in basketball but not football, but i would also like to see them head to head
3Altor5 Wrote:SV and Tug valley played basketball either this season or last season and SV beat them around 20 points.. But Tug Valley is a basketball school and not football..
SV would no doubt win by around 20 now. But back a few years ago it would have been the opposite, they were a great team a few years back, still good but not great.
As for football, the biggest problem they have is they can't trun loose of basketball long enough to be concerened about football (the administration that is.)
But either way it goes, bad or not, and they are bad, a win is a win and breaks a three game skid. That is just what Valley neated, good luck down the road guys. And as far as somebody stating it was a classy game, Tug Valley has a very nice coach and they are some good kids on that team, as is on Valley's.
Fridaynightmare Wrote:I would like to Shelby Valley and Hazard play. Has this ever happened?

Hmmm. This would be interesting. I think former SV head coach, Tom Searcy's son plays for Hazard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Would be a pretty good game, though.
Hazard WOULD DRILL VALLEY in football IMO!
Congrats Valley!
Way to bring home another win!