Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co. 32 - Powell Co. 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Powell played a GREAT 2nd half of football. The defense didn't allow a point. The only time Harlan scored was on a safety that went over the punter's head. If Powell would've played the way they did the 1st half, the game woudl've belonged to the Pirates. But congrats to Harlan on a win. Played a good game. Keep your head up Pirates!!!
how will Estill do at Harlan?
If Estill don't go in with a big head, they will win. They are a tough team and they will hit you.
Final
Sounds like Powell played very well. any info?
whoo hoo way to go BLACK BEARS sorry I couldn't be there tonight but I was listening on the radio. the second half was scary but you guys pulled it off!!! good job!!!!:letsparty
bluegrassballa Wrote:If Powell would've played the way they did the 1st half, the game woudl've belonged to the Pirates. But congrats to Harlan on a win. Played a good game. Keep your head up Pirates!!!

If Harlan County played the way they did in the first half in the second, they would have scored 60.

That iffin stuff goes both ways.
i think Powell needs to hire some new refs they had the worst time marking off penalties ALL night long (ps. don't get mad...its just joking...but they did have a hard time)

anyway, congrats to Harlan Co. i think Dan hit it the nail on the head on the radio tonight, they need to work on playing a full game, they do good one half, but you'll never know which half it is... they about let this one slip away from them, but they held their heads up and played well after Powell got those quick scores!

PROUD OF YA BOYS!
I knew this one would be a good ballgame! Congrats to both teams!
I knew there was something up with them Refs last night lol. Other than that both teams played good. It was geeting close. If there was another quarter of football left in that game things would have been really interesting i tell ya. Congrats to the Black Bears though. Pirates...guys keep your heads up put this week behind you and prepare for next weeks game.
The College One Wrote:I knew there was something up with them Refs last night lol. Other than that both teams played good. It was geeting close. If there was another quarter of football left in that game things would have been really interesting i tell ya. Congrats to the Black Bears though. Pirates...guys keep your heads up put this week behind you and prepare for next weeks game.

if you want to look at it like that.the ref. called 2 TDs back on Harlan.Rolleyes it wouldnt even been close.Oh well
My perspective of it was that Powell had a spurt in the third qtr. where they got a quick 15, but the Bears turned up the defense later in the third to quickly stop the Powell momentum of the spurt. The Bears negated the Powell drives in the 4th qtr. mostly for losses on the carry and sacks. The Bears fumbled twice to Powell on mishandlings which prevented touchdowns by the Bears. The Bears have got to take care of the ball better in the weeks to come. Too many turnovers. There was a big swing/positive adjustment late in the third qtr. by the Bears defense.Hats off to the Powell County Team for coming out after the half with some fire. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
Bears Win. A lot of talk about how good Powell county played the 2nd half, my hat goes off to the Black Bear defense in the 2nd half. Your offense scores just 2 points in the whole half and you still win. If the offense hadn't scored 4 times in the first half we would have been sunk. If we can get both sides tuned up (or back to old form) we will have a home playoff game. Way to go Bears. TJ and Gilliam played with some cramps I believe. Dylon Smith ran hard when he had the ball I would love to see him more involved in the offense.

The refs and the chain gang made a lot of bad calls. When you get tackled in the end zone that's a Safety, but we got it anyway on the blocked punt.

Go Bears.
Powell has really improved since last year. I don't think it should've been as close of a game as it was, but we made it out of there W, so that's all that matters. Thank goodness for our defense. We have got to hold on to the ball!

It was good to see the boys keeping their composure and finishing the game strong. I know that we all got a little frustrated with the officiating.

Our Harlan County boys are the offspring of generations of men who are used to diggin and scrouging around in the dirt and finishing the job. I hope that they can harness some of this coal mining spirit, dig down deep, and finish this season strong. The Bear Nation is behind them!Big Grin

On to Middlesboro....
Thats a nice win for Harlan. Powell really isnt Breathitt but I guess you all gotta take what you can get. Only joking. Powell sounded like they had a pretty good game plan in the second half but in the first Harlan had their number.
Very good, C, Breathitt and Powell are two different team. Rolleyes
basketballwizz Wrote:how will Estill do at Harlan?

Estill wins big
Powell played a very good game. Harlans running game was just to much. Congrats to both teams.
clarification: the chain gang does not make calls. the offical had to make the harlan county fans back up off the grass and get on the track because they were harassing the chain gang. so, just wanted to set the facts straight.

also, if anyone has a complaint about the officiating it is powell county. there was several blocks in the back, pass interfence, and incorrect spotting of the ball that was done during the whole game. however, powell is not a bunch of cry babies and they took their loss and they are looking on to the next game. yes powell is not breathitt county they have class!!!!!!!!!!!
#1 football fan Wrote:clarification: the chain gang does not make calls. the offical had to make the harlan county fans back up off the grass and get on the track because they were harassing the chain gang. so, just wanted to set the facts straight.

also, if anyone has a complaint about the officiating it is powell county. there was several blocks in the back, pass interfence, and incorrect spotting of the ball that was done during the whole game. however, powell is not a bunch of cry babies and they took their loss and they are looking on to the next game. yes powell is not breathitt county they have class!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think MOST of the complaints about are about specific calls per say. The officials couldn't count or didn't know how many yards specific penalties called for evidently because one time they walked off/marked off 15 yards on a 10-yard penalty, then went back and done it over and put the ball back 5 yards to make it a 10-yard penalty like it should've been in the first place. Also, they kept respotting the ball. One ref would spot it one place, then another would spot it another...It just seemed to me they were confused all night or just didn't know what they were dong....Big Grin
#1 football fan Wrote:clarification: the chain gang does not make calls. the offical had to make the harlan county fans back up off the grass and get on the track because they were harassing the chain gang. so, just wanted to set the facts straight.

OK no one was harassing the chain gang.......lol! Our fans were just cheering for their team and the guys from the chain told them ok u are winning we know so shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the ref told them they had to get back. So if u wanna set the facts straight then u have to speak the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats to powell for taking their loss and moving on.

WAY TO GO HCHS!!!!!
one of the kids told me that one of the chain gang guys said,"i will punch your _____ head off". you sound like you have class.
congrats harlan co.

I don't believe I would be making a comment like the last sentence with Breathitt coming up in a couple of weeks, unless you want to get beat worse.

That's why they called in the State Police last year at Powell because they have so much class.Everyone knows no matter what sport and no matter who is winning YOU WILL GET CHEATED IN POWELL COUNTY.
NIECE Wrote:I don't believe I would be making a comment like the last sentence with Breathitt coming up in a couple of weeks, unless you want to get beat worse.

That's right.Give us some bulliten board material.Run that mouth then we WILL smash it for you.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:I don't think MOST of the complaints about are about specific calls per say. The officials couldn't count or didn't know how many yards specific penalties called for evidently because one time they walked off/marked off 15 yards on a 10-yard penalty, then went back and done it over and put the ball back 5 yards to make it a 10-yard penalty like it should've been in the first place. Also, they kept respotting the ball. One ref would spot it one place, then another would spot it another...It just seemed to me they were confused all night or just didn't know what they were dong....Big Grin

Sounds familliar.Gotta watch that clock keeper too.
the score is recorded and the game is history. move on.

great job to the pirates. you did good. good luck harlan in the playoff games.
The crowd wasn't bad. They were just hollering for their team. The chain gang was a tad psycho. It's probably best that the crowd didn't hear them talking to our boys like that. They were rude to some of the fans standing on the track near the field... Oh well.. Have at'em Breathitt!!

Glad we don't ever have to go back there.
I hadn't heard anything about harlan not being respectful but oh well i say u have to give it to get it.... right!!!! I also heard the radio announcer's talking about some of the powell assistant coaches saying things to the harlan boys so I'm glad to hear that they gave a little back!!!
Pages: 1 2 3