Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 62 - South Floyd 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Daniel Harmon 7 TDs, breaking the school record. Final.
congrats Pikeville....how did Kyle Howell do for South Floyd?
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:congrats Pikeville....how did Kyle Howell do for South Floyd?
Not sure what number he is but the Raiders didn't muster up much of anything other than a couple of runs about 15 yards.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not sure what number he is but the Raiders didn't muster up much of anything other than a couple of runs about 15 yards.

he was #44
Panther Thunder Wrote:Daniel Harmon 7 TDs, breaking the school record. Final.

^^^Harmon is a class act, he needs to take a knee when the coaches leave him in too long...:confused:
Ok so Pikeville got the close games out of their system.

They need to think about the P-burg game next week mentally to do it phisically

Congratulations to Daniel Harmon
Harmon was left in the game middle of the 4th to score, very classless bunch, I actually spoke to several Pikeville fans after the game and got the same reaction! It is an absolute shame that you would leave starters in to run up the score on team that only had 16 kids dressed. Your coaches are gutless. Heres hoping that P-burg drives it home and takes no mercy!
why not work on some new things instead of running up the score? game situations is a good time to prepare for better teams down the road. same thing over and over.
Congrats Pikeville on the win. From the way Sf's line blocks, wait let me restate that, from the way Sf's line DOESN'T block, even Reggie Bush would have trouble on getting out of the backfield before he is tackled. Congrats to Harmon on breaking the school record. He is a heck of a player, what colleges is he being looked at by?
Cogats to the Panthers on their win and congrats to D.H. on his indivdual accomplishment. I agree that it was a big risk to leave him in but I guess the head coach wanted him to reap some honors for his hard work. I do believe however, that he was only in for 3 plays in the second half and only touched the ball twice, both of which he scored.
I agree that they should have left Harmon in the game because they was trying to break the school record..Great game Harmon and Gratz to Panthers, Good luck to both teams in the Future
I like the Pikeville attitude overall. I personally think that you should teach kids they are better than others and things like personal records are more important than winning with class. I also liked it last year when I was told how Pvilles new coach was pretty tough to schedule within this district. But, afterall, they are the class of the district. I think the way I heard it, that he went so far as to say that if the small schools did not like it, they should just get out....I think I like that. If you are born to a small community with a limited economic base, then just get out of the way of those who are mighty. Heck, just move. Come to think of it, just bow down to the wealthy and more fortunate and watch from the sidelines while the pros show them how its done. But hey, thats just me.

On the other hand, Pville can do like they have in the recent past and win a couple of playoff games to lesser opponents and then get drilled by other schools who have the same type recources......Again, this is a case where kids are the pawns of selfish adults......This is a competition for kids being tainted by adults.......I will end by saying Congrats to Harmon, he is a special talent.
???? why have a team and waist money if you cant compete at any level?
If you want to talk about the game then thats fine, but if your sole purpose is to get on here and set up a fight then take it elsewhere because I will not put up with it!
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Harmon was left in the game middle of the 4th to score, very classless bunch, I actually spoke to several Pikeville fans after the game and got the same reaction! It is an absolute shame that you would leave starters in to run up the score on team that only had 16 kids dressed. Your coaches are gutless. Heres hoping that P-burg drives it home and takes no mercy!

Why didn't you say something to the coaches tonight at the field? I saw them there for at least 30-40 minutes after the game talking to everyone. Would have been a perfect opportunity for you to express your concerns!
I like Copley, I've known him for years....but allowing a single player to score 7 TD's and keep him in late in the 4th quater is uncalled for when you have a running clock. He's lucky that no one got seriously injured...just enjoy this victory for the weekend and get ready. As to SF, keep your heads up and learn from this game and carry it into your next contest.
good job harmon, but very classless for pikeville to run up the score board. I hope someone does it to you later on in the season to see how it feels.
Congrats Harmon....he is very deserving of this accomplishment...he is as classy as they come.
Ok so when we win we are classless and when we lose to teams NOBODY in 1a can beat then we may as well just board up the locker room, sell our pads, tear down the bleachers and suspend football. And thats just from our own fans LOL! Congrats Daniel on the school record. To you whiny fans from SF if you dont want people breaking school records on you then its real simple: STOP THEM! and quit blaming everyone else. Yes when we do get beat by a Belfry or Ashland you dont hear us on here blaming THEM for why we lost. We just move on and try to get better for it because at the end of the day thats what winners do.
Congrats Panthers! Had a feeling this one would get UGLY!
Congrats...DH....as to Pikeville...very classy...hope someone makes you feel the same sometime soon. Use games like this as practice...everyone can use practice.
PhelpsKY Wrote:as to Pikeville...very classy...hope someone makes you feel the same sometime soon.

Belfry already did that last week....
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Harmon was left in the game middle of the 4th to score, very classless bunch, I actually spoke to several Pikeville fans after the game and got the same reaction! It is an absolute shame that you would leave starters in to run up the score on team that only had 16 kids dressed. Your coaches are gutless. Heres hoping that P-burg drives it home and takes no mercy!

Pikeville has always done this....nothing ever changes.
i say.. Keep on rockin heads.. do it to prestonsburg!!! physically beat them!

Congratz Pikeville
The King Wrote:Belfry already did that last week....
No they didnt, Belfry pulled their starters to keep from running up the score. It could have been 100-0 if the coach kept them in.
BelfryPride Wrote:Pikeville has always done this....nothing ever changes.

I disagree and would like to say that I have been ashamed of my alma matter this season.

Leaving your starters in all the way into the 4th quarter, in a game like this, is inexcusable and classless.

I am ashamed at the lack of respect this program has shown.

When I played, in games like this one, we were out and on the sidelines by the start of the 3rd quarter. Some games, we were out before halftime. But that was when Pikeville HAD class.

What goes around comes around.

I understand that it's the other team's job to stop you, but what happens if you leave Harmon in during the 4th quarter and he gets hurt? What happens if he gets tackled just right and busts up a knee? You just ruined the season of a great player because of your own selfishness. Hey Pikeville, just because Harmon may end up going to a D-1 school or make All-State does NOT mean that you will be considered a "good" coaching staff at the end of the season, especially when everyone is going to see one of the worst football records in the last 2 decades.
51Boy Wrote:i say.. Keep on rockin heads.. do it to prestonsburg!!! physically beat them!

Congratz Pikeville

They CAN'T do this... that's why they're running it up and padding their stats against lesser opponents.
I agree, CE. Pikeville USED to have class and pull starters as soon as they had a comfortable lead. Unfortunately the class has apparently flown out the window. This is embarrassing and ridiculous, IMO. Never mind the fact that games like this used to be 62-0 with the JV playing half of the game!
PHS95 Wrote:I agree, CE. Pikeville USED to have class and pull starters as soon as they had a comfortable lead. Unfortunately the class has apparently flown out the window. This is embarrassing and ridiculous, IMO. Never mind the fact that games like this used to be 62-0 with the JV playing half of the game!

That's right. We didn't need our starters in to score 62 points by the end of the game. We used to have JV in by at least half-time and they would take care of business while gaining more in-game experience.
This team is not classless and the players are not classless.

These kids are only doing what their COACHES tell them to do.

This team has several players that were more than capable to score last night or any Friday night.

Cleary, Mullins, Robinson, Ratliff, McCoy, Maynard to name a few.
Pages: 1 2 3