Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 34 - Lewis Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Way to go Red devils :redboxer:
Alot of young guys got some good minutes in this game. Liberal subbing began in the first half.

Jason Dolly sets the state record for consecutive extra points with 74.
Some stats

Russell 34 rushes for 346 yards. Lewis County 42 rushes for 79 yards.

Total offense
Russell 50 plays for 428 yards. Lewis County 59 plays for 122 yards.

For Russell

Abrams 6 carries for 64 yards
Bailey 6 carries for 50 yards
Rice 7 carries for 127 yards
Jones 7 carries for 63 yards

Russell was kind of flat. Fumbled 4 times losing 3.
Congrats to Russell.

Congrats to the Lewis Co. for hangin in there.You guys moved the ball good at times.Your improving every week.

I mean this in no way disrespectful to Russell but they better tighten up the fumbles or the Mason Co.game could be rough.

Good luck to both teams next week.
Drew seemed to hurt his leg. Sat the bench most of the game. The JV line really moved the ball well when they got into rythme. Coach pulled the reigns on the boys actually in the begining of the 2nd quarter.
Did Lewis Co. look good enough to win their able to win the last few?
FBALL Wrote:Alot of young guys got some good minutes in this game. Liberal subbing began in the first half.

Jason Dolly sets the state record for consecutive extra points with 74.

According to Ivan in the post game report it was 75 and he missed the attempt at 76.
[quote=jgrubby]Drew seemed to hurt his leg. Sat the bench most of the game. The JV line really moved the ball well when they got into rythme. Coach pulled the reigns on the boys actually in the begining of the 2nd quarter.[/QUOTE]

Class move by Ivan.:rockon:
Congrats to Dolly for the record. Congrats also to the Devils for the win.
Midee1 Wrote:According to Ivan in the post game report it was 75 and he missed the attempt at 76.
OK 75 then.:p
2 fumbles were from the guard pulling so fast he is running into the center and the QB. The QB is not getting out of the way fast enough.. Pretty nice when the guard is pulling and running into the QB... Great job Big John...keep moving brother.........QB--MOVE !!!!!
WTG Devils! Congrats to Dolly!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:2 fumbles were from the guard pulling so fast he is running into the center and the QB. The QB is not getting out of the way fast enough.. Pretty nice when the guard is pulling and running into the QB... Great job Big John...keep moving brother.........QB--MOVE !!!!!
second team?
It's good to get this game over and done with. The good news is, though, the fun part of the season starts this week with a trip to Simon Kenton who is coming off of a thrashing by Boone County. We should know soon exactly what level this team is going to be able to compete at.
Nothing like a shoutout! Congrats Russell!
Congrats Devils. Congrats Dolly.
Devil09 Wrote:second team?
Yes, but they finally got some rythme going. The line moved off the ball well agaisnt them. Imressive. How ever a couple of sacks due to inexperienced backs who missed thier blocks for the QB.
congrats to Jason Dolly and the red devil defense!!!
I saw on another site that Lewis' Witten hurt his ankle last night. Anybody have any info on that?
wasnt able to make the game but am looking forward to next weeks game with fleming...............anyone wanna make any predictions??? should be a close game and hopefully lewis can FINALLY bring home a big win against an arch rival
uktailgaiter Wrote:I saw on another site that Lewis' Witten hurt his ankle last night. Anybody have any info on that?
Witten did injure his ankle and was taken to the hospital I believe. I haven't heard anything else.
I don't understand Lewis County's problem.

They were a very competitive team in the 70s/80s.

What happened
We got city water...lol
thanks fball
I think it is the good ole boys
FBALL Wrote:Witten did injure his ankle and was taken to the hospital I believe. I haven't heard anything else.

He was taken to the hospital by a med unit, that what the radio guys said any ways
His leg was broken. Tough to take.
Frankie Witten broke his fiblia.
Jeepman Wrote:His leg was broken. Tough to take.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Frankie Witten broke his fiblia.

I hate to hear that.
good win russell. good luck next week
Pages: 1 2