Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 55 - Magoffin County 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Please tell me Magoffin County scored on JV
If...Then Wrote:Please tell me Magoffin County scored on JV

Actually it was freshman with a couple of sophomores....
This game was 42-0 in the first minute of the 2nd Quarter. Not much of a fight put up by the Hornets. Congrats Pirates!
Does anyone know how the young players like Gary Runyon,Trey Wills,and Tyler Willams did???
i kno u see me Wrote:Does anyone know how the young players like Gary Runyon,Trey Wills,and Tyler Willams did???

All played and all did well....
Any of them stand out
Who saw this coming?

Belfry's coach always puts his JV in. He has too much class to not do so in a game such as this.
WOW..Belfry didn't win 48-6, lol...Like they do and have in EVERY WEEK SINCE 1992...Just a classy program is all this post is saying..And that is why I am a HUGE fan of the Belfry program. Congrats Pirates! I am going to have to go to a game this year..Will anyone invite me to there tailgate party is the ?

not on the jv....our freshmen vs. their starters....to be exact!
Andrew Elkins had 4 Passing TD's. The world must be coming to an end if Belfry has 4 passing TD's in a game.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:WOW..Belfry didn't win 48-6, lol...Like they do and have in EVERY WEEK SINCE 1992...Just a classy program is all this post is saying..And that is why I am a HUGE fan of the Belfry program. Congrats Pirates! I am going to have to go to a game this year..Will anyone invite me to there tailgate party is the ?

You're officially invited!! Smile
Much Oblige PHS!!!! I might take you up on that!!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Was there anyone who thought magoffin actually had a chance in this game? I listened to a little bit of the game on the radio and when I heard what the score was in 2nd quarter I laughed, mostly because its always hilarious when MC gets blown out by someone and also because I absolutely hate magoffin county in general and always get a kick out of seeing or hearing them lose. Also the young guy that does the radio broadcast for magoffin radio is totally clueless about sports. I heard him say last night that he didnt know why Belfry's kicker was putting on a different shoe, anyone who knows anything about sports knows kickers wear a special kicking shoe. But thats how things are in magoffin, you dont have to know anything about sports to coach, participate or even broadcast it on tv or radio.

Id say there wasnt anyone who actually thought that Magoffin would win this game. Belfry is a very good team. They are coached very well.
I know that you have your own opinions and you are allowed to express them but i dont think it is very professional of you to attack someone on here. Its always easy to talk about a football program when you are hid behind a nickname. If you dont like magoffin (for whatever reason it was) than keep it to your self.
And the kicker from belfry wasnt putting on a different shoe. Belfrys kickers always wear a kicking boot. So thats probably why the radio man didnt know what it was.
Finally, I along with many others feel that Magoffin has a very good coaching staff. The coaches know football and the kids are finally getting to that point to. I think you areone that is nagative towards anything. Id say you got made fun of in school and are making up for it now since you know you are hid behind a nickname.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Andrew Elkins had 4 Passing TD's. The world must be coming to an end if Belfry has 4 passing TD's in a game.

I believe it was 3 passing TDs, and if I am wrong I apologize in advance. 1 to Thomas and 1 to Ivan and 1 to Shawn Dotson. Td runs by ivan(2) and Thomas and Chase Maynard and Gary Runyon. I believe that is correct. Believe me EKU, I'm with you. I was starting to get the record book out to see what the school record was for Td passes. Andrew was 4 for 4 passing and his other completion was a short pass to Corey Charles.
bucslover68 Wrote:I believe it was 3 passing TDs, and if I am wrong I apologize in advance. 1 to Thomas and 1 to Ivan and 1 to Shawn Dotson. Td runs by ivan(2) and Thomas and Chase Maynard and Gary Runyon. I believe that is correct. Believe me EKU, I'm with you. I was starting to get the record book out to see what the school record was for Td passes. Andrew was 4 for 4 passing and his other completion was a short pass to Corey Charles.

I was just going by the WDN write up on belfryky.com.

I had to miss this game last night because it was date night at a haunted house here in ATL haha...
Hey bravesfan, why are you always dissing Magoffin County for? what have they done to you? There is no need for you to talk to them like that, and if you do quit hiding behind a nickname:flame:

Anyways, the first half of this game was ugly the 2nd half was a little better. Belfry has a really strong team year in and year out so there wasn't any surprise about this, but Magoffin did show some promise. #10 one of Magoffin's RBs ran really hard, and down field. I seen one play he took the handoff right up the middle and got about 7 or 8 yards then his helmet flys off from making contact with a pirate defender then he just keeps running, it was awesome to see that some players still have the heart and effort to make plays like that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was just going by the WDN write up on belfryky.com.

I had to miss this game last night because it was date night at a haunted house here in ATL haha...

Hey no problem. Believe me I know that you are always up on things regarding Belfry. Elkins hasn't thrown much, but I believe his numbers are 24-33 for over 300 yards and several touchdowns.
Should be a tough game...both teams are really good. i believe the cards can pull off the upset but they will have to play there very best
I only listen to see how bad they are losing, thats really the only reason, but it pains me to listen to that one announcer, he drives me nuts. What is Belfrys station by the way. I cant wait till they play and hopefully beat Johnson Central in the last regular season game, I might actually go to that one.
"I only listen to see how bad they are losing, thats really the only reason, but it pains me to listen to that one announcer, he drives me nuts. What is Belfrys station by the way. I cant wait till they play and hopefully beat Johnson Central in the last regular season game, I might actually go to that one."

Hey Braves Fan 26. If you hate Magoffin THAT bad why are you there?????? I'm sure they can and would get by just as well without YOU! You need to find a coaching job ( with all your football knowledge) and play Magoffin to show them how it's done. I'm sure that they would love to give you a little ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I only listen to see how bad they are losing, thats really the only reason, but it pains me to listen to that one announcer, he drives me nuts. What is Belfrys station by the way. I cant wait till they play and hopefully beat Johnson Central in the last regular season game, I might actually go to that one.

http://www.wxccfm.com