Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I havnt had a chance to watch this team play but by just looking at some the threads on here i have figured out they have a pretty good football team...are the cards really good enough to be called the 2nd best in class 3A???
Flash I'm gonna tell you straight up if there is a team out there that can cause some noise this year its this Sheldon Clark team. Yes i do agree with their ranking in class 3A and i think that they have a really strong chance to win district this year. Ryan Kelly is looking to break 1000 yards rushing this week and Austin Stepp is looking to break 1000 passing yards. Sheldon Clark has not had a QB break 1000 passing yards since Jessie Watts did it in 1991 and Austin will more then likely do that Friday. This years team is more Versatile then teams from the pass. They stand a better chance this season more then any because they just do not run the ball every down they mix it up and have a very well balanced offense. The Defense has improved every game and has been shuting down some teams. SO with all that said yes they do deserve that #2 ranking that they have.
no way they do.not putting them down,i know of at least 4 teams better(central)(belfry)(breahitt)russell) and i belive even e-town,estill,i know thats 6 but maybe 1 or 2 more,but sc is not bad,just not in that league yet..
cuppett777 Wrote:no way they do.not putting them down,i know of at least 4 teams better(central)(belfry)(breahitt)russell) and i belive even e-town,estill,i know thats 6 but maybe 1 or 2 more,but sc is not bad,just not in that league yet..

uhm well since belfry is number one in 3a i think that takes them out of the equation
BatCat11 Wrote:Flash I'm gonna tell you straight up if there is a team out there that can cause some noise this year its this Sheldon Clark team. Yes i do agree with their ranking in class 3A and i think that they have a really strong chance to win district this year. Ryan Kelly is looking to break 1000 yards rushing this week and Austin Stepp is looking to break 1000 passing yards. Sheldon Clark has not had a QB break 1000 passing yards since Jessie Watts did it in 1991 and Austin will more then likely do that Friday. This years team is more Versatile then teams from the pass. They stand a better chance this season more then any because they just do not run the ball every down they mix it up and have a very well balanced offense. The Defense has improved every game and has been shuting down some teams. SO with all that said yes they do deserve that #2 ranking that they have.

The big difference between Stepp and Watts is Watts almost got a 1000 yards in a game. I don't think Stepp is even comparable to Watts. Not yet anyways. This team Should be good. They have a tough couple weeks. I would have picked them to win district if it wasn't for playing Bell the week before playing belfry. Bad scheduling in my opinion.
cuppett just got one question have you personally seen everyone of these teams play. cause if not then you can't make that statement. i mean i guess you can but no one know til they play each other. no disrespect thats alot of teams you put over them.
stepp could easily break watts record if given the opportunity to. and cuppet.. unless you have watched us play how can you know how good we are or not..

we will keep our heads on straight and see how far we go in the playoffs.. we aren't really worried about breaking records just making it to the carpet..
thats all that counts is making it to the carpet.
On one quick note this past saturday he had only 7 completions for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns and played very little the second half.. I can assure you that if Coach Hager wanted records we could get them pretty easily, But Coach Hager has way to much class for that to happen.
hey guys i have a question about tradition at the rock. Wel i guess i'd like to see some kind of a tradition started. Pretty much everyone knows that that field was first made out of the hill across the road wouldn't it be kinda nice to have a rock of some sort for when the players come or something. IDK I played the 98-02 and its just a motivational thing for the boys. just wondering what you guys think or any other ideas?
they have several large rocks they are getting cleaned to put at the field and display
Rankings don''t mean alot and SC is deserving of the number 2 spot in Class 3A. The true of a any team is how they perform on the field every Friday night and SC has their chance to show people are one of the top teams in Class 3A by playing at Bell County, number 1 in Class 4A and then Belfry a week later. Don't judge a team if you have not seen them play.:thumpsup:
No. Sheldon Clark has not played a very good team yet this year. Until they prove themselves against a good team I'd say they are overrated. They will get their chance to make a statement when they get Bell County and Belfry.
qbdad2011 Wrote:stepp could easily break watts record if given the opportunity to. and cuppet.. unless you have watched us play how can you know how good we are or not..

we will keep our heads on straight and see how far we go in the playoffs.. we aren't really worried about breaking records just making it to the carpet..

I've seen Stepp and I've seen Watts. The two aren't comparable yet. Maybe next year or the year after. SC fans (which i am one) are getting way to ahead of themselves. They havn't played a descent team yet and they are already claiming their qb is one of the best in the schools history. That is just rediculous.
Matman Wrote:I've seen Stepp and I've seen Watts. The two aren't comparable yet. Maybe next year or the year after. SC fans (which i am one) are getting way to ahead of themselves. They havn't played a descent team yet and they are already claiming their qb is one of the best in the schools history. That is just rediculous.

Great post.
BatCat11 Wrote:Flash I'm gonna tell you straight up if there is a team out there that can cause some noise this year its this Sheldon Clark team. Yes i do agree with their ranking in class 3A and i think that they have a really strong chance to win district this year. Ryan Kelly is looking to break 1000 yards rushing this week and Austin Stepp is looking to break 1000 passing yards. Sheldon Clark has not had a QB break 1000 passing yards since Jessie Watts did it in 1991 and Austin will more then likely do that Friday. This years team is more Versatile then teams from the pass. They stand a better chance this season more then any because they just do not run the ball every down they mix it up and have a very well balanced offense. The Defense has improved every game and has been shuting down some teams. SO with all that said yes they do deserve that #2 ranking that they have.

Damen Hensley passed for more than 1000 yds last season.
qbdad2011 Wrote:stepp could easily break watts record if given the opportunity to. and cuppet.. unless you have watched us play how can you know how good we are or not..

Of course he could. It would be so easy too. Its such an easy record. It is only 651 yards passing in one game. Its only been the record since 91. That would deffinately be to easy to break. Why even bother? If you didn't know thats sarcasm.
who has belfry played that is good? i think sheldon clark is deserving of # 2in State in 3a
eosborne09 Wrote:who has belfry played that is good? i think sheldon clark is deserving of # 2in State in 3a

The same question could be asked of Sheldon Clark...and the answer would be the same...neither Belfry or Sheldon Clark have been tested yet. The Lawrence County/Belfry game was close, but Belfry just did not play that night and they were lucky to have come out with a "W" on that one. (No offense to Lawrence County intended). I am not sure if Belfry (as much as I love them) or Sheldon Clark are truly deserving of the rankings they have based on the competition they have played so far. There is still a lot to be seen from both teams.
belfry forever Wrote:The same question could be asked of Sheldon Clark...and the answer would be the same...neither Belfry or Sheldon Clark have been tested yet. The Lawrence County/Belfry game was close, but Belfry just did not play that night and they were lucky to have come out with a "W" on that one. (No offense to Lawrence County intended). I am not sure if Belfry (as much as I love them) or Sheldon Clark are truly deserving of the rankings they have based on the competition they have played so far. There is still a lot to be seen from both teams.

Well said and we will see what each of these teams have within these next 4 weeks. But expecially on oct 24 when these 2 smash mouth football teams collide for the district championship!!!
sc74 Wrote:Well said and we will see what each of these teams have within these next 4 weeks. But expecially on oct 24 when these 2 smash mouth football teams collide for the district championship!!!

Nice objective post man. Good Luck against the Hawks and the Bobcats the next couple of weeks.
It doesn't matter who played and what the score was. the only thing that does is sheldon clark and belfry when it comes that time.This game will always be a game that determines everyone's thoughts on both team and it will be a closed game.......16-15 SC '98 regional championship Matney went for the 2.
belfry forever Wrote:The same question could be asked of Sheldon Clark...and the answer would be the same...neither Belfry or Sheldon Clark have been tested yet. The Lawrence County/Belfry game was close, but Belfry just did not play that night and they were lucky to have come out with a "W" on that one. (No offense to Lawrence County intended). I am not sure if Belfry (as much as I love them) or Sheldon Clark are truly deserving of the rankings they have based on the competition they have played so far. There is still a lot to be seen from both teams.

Good points. I believe Sheldon Clark is okay with throwing the ball more this year than they have in the past and they have had success. It would be interesting to see if the Hawks were to jump out in front of them if their passing game would be good enough to overcome a lead. It is much easier to throw the ball with the lead than when you trail and need to balance your offense to keep the defense honest. The Hawks have had signs this year of striking quick but just not been able to sustain for four quarters. This may not happen but it would be intersting to see.
I may be way off but I think people may see a much better game than what they are predicting. I guess we will see. Wink
hawkhead Wrote:Good points. I believe Sheldon Clark is okay with throwing the ball more this year than they have in the past and they have had success. It would be interesting to see if the Hawks were to jump out in front of them if their passing game would be good enough to overcome a lead. It is much easier to throw the ball with the lead than when you trail and need to balance your offense to keep the defense honest. The Hawks have had signs this year of striking quick but just not been able to sustain for four quarters. This may not happen but it would be intersting to see.
I may be way off but I think people may see a much better game than what they are predicting. I guess we will see. Wink

we havw had sucsess passing when down....if you recall we were down 28 to 0 aginst fairland at the half and if we hadnt been able to pass the ball in the second half we would have not came back to win
Yes hawkhead you are correct but this has happened once this season in week 2 for the cards they were down 28-0 at the half and in the second half they would pass the ball down the field and stepp ended up with 200 yards in one half and also a last second score for the win