Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cats Pause 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone got a copy yet? Who do they have listed as the top 10 teams and
players?
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:Anyone got a copy yet? Who do they have listed as the top 10 teams and
players?

glanced at it today,Phelps is rated 3rd in the 15th:Thumbs:
I'm really anxious to see this if ANYONE can post it please.
HORNET POWER Wrote:glanced at it today,Phelps is rated 3rd in the 15th:Thumbs:

What about the rest of the region? Anything?
BballFan63 Wrote:What about the rest of the region? Anything?

From what I can remember, I think it went something like this:

Teams:

JC
PC
Phelps
SV

Players:

1. Marissa Pruitt
2. ?
3. Christina Johnson
4. Carla Booth
5. A.D. Slone
6. ?
7.Wireman?
8. ?
9. Laura Perkins
10. Laura Carroll

Seems like Ashley Hall was in there somewhere as well.
15th Region top 10 Teams
1)Johnson Central
2)Pike Co Central
3)Phelps
4)Shelby Valley
5)Painstsville
6)Betsy lane
7)Sheldon Clark
8)Magoffin County
9)Pikeville
10)Prestonsburg

15th Region Top 10 Players
1)Merissa Pruitt,phelps
2)Linsey Fields,prestonsburg
3)Christina Johnson,pikeville
4)Carla Booth,sheldon clark
5)AD Slone,pike co central
6)Emily Wireman,johnson central
7)Ashley Hall,magoffin county
8)Patience Brewer,sheldon clark
9)Laura Perkins,shelby valley
10)Laura Carroll,painstville

per the cats` pause 2008-09 Kentucky Basketball Yearbook
The girl from Paintsville should be higher up on that list.
i think betsy layne should be a little higher up on there..
and also some of the girls from betsy layne should def. be on that
list somewhere.
ispike_3 Wrote:i think betsy layne should be a little higher up on there..
and also some of the girls from betsy layne should def. be on that
list somewhere.
I agree..Megan Hamilton?(I think thats her name) is a very good player at BL
gish_7 Wrote:I agree..Megan Hamilton?(I think thats her name) is a very good player at BL

yeah.
her & taylor hott should both be on this list, imo.
IMO the players list is CRAZY!!! How in the world Celena Conley isn't listed is amazing to me!
JC_Eagle_Alumni Wrote:IMO the players list is CRAZY!!! How in the world Celena Conley isn't listed is amazing to me!

Listed, and listed at number one. Agreed.
Diogenes Wrote:Listed, and listed at number one. Agreed.

My thoughts exactly. She most definitely should be on there and probably at number one. I'm not even sure who a couple of the girls listed are.
JC_Eagle_Alumni Wrote:IMO the players list is CRAZY!!! How in the world Celena Conley isn't listed is amazing to me!

I thought I was mis- reading the list. How is the this girl not on the list? By far best all around player in the region. Is is because she blew out her knee? Is she playing? Not sure what the thought process is here. Any insight would be nice.
The creator of the top ten players list hasn't watched much (if any at all....) 15th Region Ball - this is just a hodgepodge of names with no reasoning - from top to bottom I totally disagree with the ten
BleedsBlue Wrote:The creator of the top ten players list hasn't watched much (if any at all....) 15th Region Ball - this is just a hodgepodge of names with no reasoning - from top to bottom I totally disagree with the ten

I will agree that about 1/4 is bogus, but several of the other players probably deserve to be there. Maybe in a different order, but it's not totally unwarranted for all of those mentioned. But as with everything else, we've all got our own opinions. I watch a lot of basketball, and 2 or 3 I don't even know.
BleedsBlue Wrote:The creator of the top ten players list hasn't watched much (if any at all....) 15th Region Ball - this is just a hodgepodge of names with no reasoning - from top to bottom I totally disagree with the ten

Same here Bleeds

Christina Johnson should not be that high. She is a good player but she needs a good team to be one. Pikeville is ranked 9th Cool
Paintsville should be higher
Carroll of Paintsville should be number one!

1. Carroll
2. Ashley Hall
3. Perkins
4. Pruitt
Megan hamilton is being recruited by div 1 schools...Also Taylor Hott and lindsey martin should be named on the list... Betsy Layne also defeated a few of the teams ranked above them on the list this summer
Carla Booth from Sheldon Clark should be number 1
Cards10 Wrote:Carla Booth from Sheldon Clark should be number 1

If not #1 she should at least be in the top 5, she is as good or better than the Brewer girl IMO. Two different players hard to compare.
slingblade93 Wrote:If not #1 she should at least be in the top 5, she is as good or better than the Brewer girl IMO. Two different players hard to compare.

I agree - Carla Booth should definitely be there in the mix somewhere. Also, I heard the Brewer girl wasn't playing. Can anybody shed some light?
I believe the AD Slone should be higher. And Celena Conley should def. be on there somewhere.
i think looking back at last year AD SLONE should be very good.
BballFan63 Wrote:I agree - Carla Booth should definitely be there in the mix somewhere. Also, I heard the Brewer girl wasn't playing. Can anybody shed some light?

Patience Brewer is not playing this year but hopefully Jordyn Harless or Brittany Dalton can pick up the slack
Cards10 Wrote:Patience Brewer is not playing this year but hopefully Jordyn Harless or Brittany Dalton can pick up the slack
Also Daisha Finley will be playing this year. And there is an 8th grader from MCMS, Jodie Jude, who may help the Lady Cards out a lot this year. Brewer was a big asset, but it's great to know they've got some players down in the post who can cause some trouble for other teams.
In my opinion, Laura Perkins should be in the top 5. She should have a great year for Valley.
Celena Conley from Johnson Central should definitely be on the list and IMO should be at the #1 spot.
Betsy Layne should definitely be higher on this list. Also Megan Hamilton, Lindsey Martin, and Taylor Hott names should appear on the player list.
Pages: 1 2