Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 18 - Belfry 12 (JV)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations to Pikeville!

I'm sure there are alot of thoughts on this after the Varsity game right?
Great Game....congrats pville
More cheap shots in this game than I think I have seen in a long time. Especially the one AFTER the game ended and Pikeville #10 threw the ball and hit Belfry #70 in the head/helmet. Not classy at all!!!
Great Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Great Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey jetpilot, It is sad to say, but we saw who won the real JV game last Friday. I hope Pikeville does not get too excited about this "big win" over Belfry.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey jetpilot, It is sad to say, but we saw who won the real JV game last Friday. I hope Pikeville does not get too excited about this "big win" over Belfry.

No, the real JV game was tonight. Show some graciousness in defeat. Pikeville gets excited about any win over a Belfry team just as Belfry gets excited about any win against a Pikeville team.
congrads pikeville
Congratz
Pikeville's JV beat Belfry's freshmen... big deal. The biggest reason Belfry plays these games is to get experience for the kids who otherwise wouldn't see any playing time.
jetpilot Wrote:No, the real JV game was tonight. Show some graciousness in defeat. Pikeville gets excited about any win over a Belfry team just as Belfry gets excited about any win against a Pikeville team.

I was being sarcastic jet. The second half on Friday was basically a JV matchup. I hope they got excited over the JV win. The rebuilding of the program at PHS will start from the lower levels up.
Pikeville only won this game with about 40 some seconds left in the 4th. The score was 12-12.

I do however have a question though and am seriously wondering if the truth will be stated on here as I already know...... as I was told last night......

How many of Pikeville's STARTERS from varsity played in this game last night? Belfry played NONE of their starters.... ONLY freshman and sophomores.
phs1986 Wrote:More cheap shots in this game than I think I have seen in a long time. Especially the one AFTER the game ended and Pikeville #10 threw the ball and hit Belfry #70 in the head/helmet. Not classy at all!!!

YEAOOOOO
phs1986 Wrote:Pikeville only won this game with about 40 some seconds left in the 4th. The score was 12-12.

I do however have a question though and am seriously wondering if the truth will be stated on here as I already know...... as I was told last night......

How many of Pikeville's STARTERS from varsity played in this game last night? Belfry played NONE of their starters.... ONLY freshman and sophomores.

Isnt the 4th quarter the most important?

Sooooo your saying Belfry has never played a starter in a JV game? nawwww
actually maybe only 1 or 2 starters are playing on the JV team
panther- Wrote:Isnt the 4th quarter the most important?

Sooooo your saying Belfry has never played a starter in a JV game? nawwww

Belfry's starters, more often than not, play in Louisville, they don't play JV.Wink Wink
You also have to remember Pikeville is a small school. Some starters may have to play. But I thought that Belfry was the Mecca of HS football, should it even matter. Why complain when Belfry is so dominate?
Panther Thunder Wrote:You also have to remember Pikeville is a small school. Some starters may have to play. But I thought that Belfry was the Mecca of HS football, should it even matter. Why complain when Belfry is so dominate?

Belfry's not the Mecca, just the Big Red Sea. I am just funnin with you all. Some of the PCN on here are taking it a little serious. Honestly, slipping a few varsity players in to the JV action has been a long-standing high school football tradtion at most schools, especially against a big rival.
i thought we were talking about football, not middle eastern geogrophy
banjo man69 Wrote:i thought we were talking about football, not middle eastern geogrophy

You are right. Enough with the geography lesson.
Good win! Congrats!
Two sophomores scored last night for the Panthers
#10 scored twice
#5 scored once
phs1986 Wrote:Pikeville only won this game with about 40 some seconds left in the 4th. The score was 12-12.

Pikeville did play some starters last night, but they were freshman and sophomores that start on varsity. I wish we had as many players as Belfry and these kids didn't have to start varsity.

Great game for both teams...this game has been close between this same group of kids for the past two years.
bucslover68 Wrote:I was being sarcastic jet. The second half on Friday was basically a JV matchup. I hope they got excited over the JV win. The rebuilding of the program at PHS will start from the lower levels up.

Fair post and I agree.
Congrats boys! Our JV kids have came a long way this year since the LC game.
As for what I saw... NO... no starters were even at the field unless they were in the stands.

Congrats to Pville on their win....

I do not agree with the racist remarks and the unsportsmanlike conduct though... Not very nice!!! Smile
if pikeville had 900 kids that go to there school they wouldnt have to play starters on the jv team
schs_06 Wrote:if pikeville had 900 kids that go to there school they wouldnt have to play starters on the jv team

Who has 900 kids?
belfry has about 600 or 700 kids that goes to there school not counting all the kids that play middle school but play on the jv team
schs_06 Wrote:if pikeville had 900 kids that go to there school they wouldnt have to play starters on the jv team

Belfry has about 700 kids according to the KHSAA figures used to classify the teams.
schs_06 Wrote:belfry has about 600 or 700 kids that goes to there school not counting all the kids that play middle school but play on the jv team

There are NO middle school children on the JV or Freshman teams at Belfry. The freshman team is nothing but freshman and the JV consists of a few freshman and sophomores that don't start on varsity.

BMS handles all the middle school children on their own teams!
Pages: 1 2