Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playoff Question......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In district 5, Taylor County is 3-0, Somerset and Wayne County are 2-1. Somerset beat Wayne County Taylor County beat Somerset. Wayne County plays Taylor County this week, and I want to know how the seeding would go if Wayne County wins that game. I believe that Wayne would be the 1 seed and TC would be the 2, based on the TC win over Somerset.
I believe it goes on points scored or something like that.
yes it goes by the point system.
bac2369 Wrote:yes it goes by the point system.
What do they consider? Point difference? Does the head to head meeting not matter in determining the seeds if teams have the same record?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What do they consider? Point difference? Does the head to head meeting not matter in determining the seeds if teams have the same record?

I'm going to take a stab at this ok, I think im right. If you beat a team and they have 7 wins on the season then you get 7 points off that team. Now if they was to beat some like Leslie County who has no wins then they recieve no points. So if all three of those teams have the same record then they will go by that and who ever has the most points will be 1st and so on. Please don't hold me to that but im pretty positive thats how it is.
bac2369 Wrote:I'm going to take a stab at this ok, I think im right. If you beat a team and they have 7 wins on the season then you get 7 points off that team. Now if they was to beat some like Leslie County who has no wins then they recieve no points. So if all three of those teams have the same record then they will go by that and who ever has the most points will be 1st and so on. Please don't hold me to that but im pretty positive thats how it is.
Thanks for the help.....Somerset has been rolling over people since losing to TC....I was just wondering if TC loses Thursday night if Somerset still has the chance to win the district title. Somerset is clearly the best team in the 5th district, whether or not they get the 1 seed or not....
Somerset is usually a team that gets there act together about playoff time.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Thanks for the help.....Somerset has been rolling over people since losing to TC....I was just wondering if TC loses Thursday night if Somerset still has the chance to win the district title. Somerset is clearly the best team in the 5th district, whether or not they get the 1 seed or not....

If two teams are tied at the end of the regular season, then obviously the head to head game decides the tiebreaker.
If three teams are tied and one team has defeated the other two then they are the champ. If not, then you take each team's schedule and you take any 4 teams from the schedule that you have defeated, excluding the teams you are tied with, and award a point for each win that team has. Total up the wins and you should have a winner. For example, Team A has 21 points, Team B has 18 points, and Team C has 16 points. Team A would be number 1 and so on. If these teams are still tied then you can add an additional team until the tiebreaker is resolved. If they remain tied throughout the process and all possible teams are used, and only two teams remain in the tiebreaker, then it reverts back to head to head. Over the years, it usually is resolved after the first 4 teams are used but sometimes it goes all the way down the schedule. Remember, you cannot count the wins for the teams you are tied with. The KHSAA website covers this in their playoff section. It really helps if your team has beaten someone who has won quite a few games and that the other teams haven't played. It is in the KHSAA section under Football, then General Information, then under the section Tournament Rules from Handbook.
bucslover68 Wrote:If two teams are tied at the end of the regular season, then obviously the head to head game decides the tiebreaker.
If three teams are tied and one team has defeated the other two then they are the champ. If not, then you take each team's schedule and you take any 4 teams from the schedule that you have defeated, excluding the teams you are tied with, and award a point for each win that team has. Total up the wins and you should have a winner. For example, Team A has 21 points, Team B has 18 points, and Team C has 16 points. Team A would be number 1 and so on. If these teams are still tied then you can add an additional team until the tiebreaker is resolved. If they remain tied throughout the process and all possible teams are used, and only two teams remain in the tiebreaker, then it reverts back to head to head. Over the years, it usually is resolved after the first 4 teams are used but sometimes it goes all the way down the schedule. Remeber you cannot count the wins for the teams you are tied with. The KHSAA website covers this in their playoff section. It really helps if your team has beaten someone who has won quite a few games and that the other teams haven't played.
Thank you.....If Taylor County wins against Wayne the seeds in the district are clear, but if they lose, it looks as if we will go to the "point" system, and if that happens, I do not know who would be the 1 seed.....If Taylor gets the 1 seed, that game would be a good chance for an upset. Gotta love this time of year!!!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Thank you.....If Taylor County wins against Wayne the seeds in the district are clear, but if they lose, it looks as if we will go to the "point" system, and if that happens, I do not know who would be the 1 seed.....If Taylor gets the 1 seed, that game would be a good chance for an upset. Gotta love this time of year!!!!

You are welcome. It really is a great time of year. Back in 2006, Belfry and Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg ended in a 3-way tie. It really helped Belfry that they beat Newport Catholic in the Pike County Bowl and that gave them a bunch of points that the other teams did not have.
This is what they did to SC when they beat belfry, pburg beat SC, and p burg lost to belfry

They went to non district teams they beat and added up records
TheyKnowMe Wrote:This is what they did to SC when they beat belfry, pburg beat SC, and p burg lost to belfry

They went to non district teams they beat and added up records

You count any four teams, even district teams, just not the ones involved in the tiebreaker.
Its simple, don't question the logic of who beat who, however, who voted for who.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:In district 5, Taylor County is 3-0, Somerset and Wayne County are 2-1. Somerset beat Wayne County Taylor County beat Somerset. Wayne County plays Taylor County this week, and I want to know how the seeding would go if Wayne County wins that game. I believe that Wayne would be the 1 seed and TC would be the 2, based on the TC win over Somerset.

The teams that your school beat, you take there record and ever win they have u get 1 point from them. Take Taykor, is 7-3, you take the 7 games they won. look at them team record. is how many points they get.