Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are you voting for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Presidential election is just about a month away, and I'm assuming most of you already have your minds made up.

The icing on the cake for me was Palin....or should I say nail in the coffin. If McCain had stuck to his "maverick" name and chosen someone more bipartisan, such as Lieberman, then I would have probably voted the McCain ticket. But since McCain pulled out the gimmick of super-conservative Palin to "fire up" the conservative base, that was the end of the deal for me.

And then to top it off, Palin is the next George W. Bush....no thanks.

Again, I liked McCain back when he WAS a maverick, but I'm not voting for him because he no longer fits that description.

Top that with the fact that Obama actually seems to have a strategy in his Presidential campaign, while McCain just has tactics....and as McCain so finely pointed out in the debate, tactics are not the same as strategies.
Mccain/Palin Country frist
As of now, Obama.
They will both suck
Ron Paul

Oh, wait... Sad
If the independent voter goes with Obama/Biden, McCain/Palin will be McFailin!
I am voting for McCain/Palin.... All a person has to do is look at Obama's voting record. That did it for me. If you support gay rights, same sex marriage, abortion and such.... then Obama's record shows that he is the one for you. He is not the one for me, I have to live with the decisions I make.
THOMCAT Wrote:I am voting for McCain/Palin.... All a person has to do is look at Obama's voting record. That did it for me. If you support gay rights, same sex marriage, abortion and such.... then Obama's record shows that he is the one for you. He is not the one for me, I have to live with the decisions I make.

Really, what do moral issues have to do with this? And can you bring up one piece of legislation where Barack Obama voted FOR abortion? THAT was done many years ago with the SUPREME COURT'S decision on Roe v. Wade - Obama had no part in that, so how can you say Obama voted for abortion?

Did Bush overturn Roe v. Wade when he took office? No. So what makes you think it's going to happen?

McCain is even more to the center than Bush, so McCain surely won't set it up to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I'm all for homosexuals having the same rights as married couples because they are people too and should get the same rights you and I do. And I'm not afraid of "gays taking over the world" if we allow them to get married. Rolleyes

You speak of voting records, but what about John McCain's voting record? He has voted 90% or more of the time with Bush and look at the great place Bush has gotten us......the stock market saw it's biggest drop ever today....and we're bailing out greedy, stupid banks. Yes, we've been safe from terrorists....since 2001, but now we need to be fearful of what's happening on our own soil with this economy. Bush had 8 years to do something about this financial mess and it took him until NOW to finally DO something...unacceptable, and I have seen nothing that makes me think McCain will be any different from Bush.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Really, what do moral issues have to do with this? And can you bring up one piece of legislation where Barack Obama voted FOR abortion? THAT was done many years ago with the SUPREME COURT'S decision on Roe v. Wade - Obama had no part in that, so how can you say Obama voted for abortion?

Did Bush overturn Roe v. Wade when he took office? No. So what makes you think it's going to happen?

McCain is even more to the center than Bush, so McCain surely won't set it up to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I'm all for homosexuals having the same rights as married couples because they are people too and should get the same rights you and I do. And I'm not afraid of "gays taking over the world" if we allow them to get married. Rolleyes

You speak of voting records, but what about John McCain's voting record? He has voted 90% or more of the time with Bush and look at the great place Bush has gotten us......the stock market saw it's biggest drop ever today....and we're bailing out greedy, stupid banks. Yes, we've been safe from terrorists....since 2001, but now we need to be fearful of what's happening on our own soil with this economy. Bush had 8 years to do something about this financial mess and it took him until NOW to finally DO something...unacceptable, and I have seen nothing that makes me think McCain will be any different from Bush.

Did not say voted FOR, said SUPPORTED...
He voted no on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortions (March 2008)
He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out of state abortions (July 2006)

And YES, with me moral issues mean a lot.
THOMCAT Wrote:Did not say voted FOR, said SUPPORTED...
He voted no on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortions (March 2008)
He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out of state abortions (July 2006)

And YES, with me moral issues mean a lot.

You can see how I got confused then, because in the sentence right before you had mentioned Obama's voting record.

It's fine if the moral issues mean a lot to you, but I think so many people JUST look at the moral issues and nothing else and base their opinions on that alone.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Really, what do moral issues have to do with this? And can you bring up one piece of legislation where Barack Obama voted FOR abortion? THAT was done many years ago with the SUPREME COURT'S decision on Roe v. Wade - Obama had no part in that, so how can you say Obama voted for abortion?

The Terrorists Attacked Our Financial System!

You know, the World Trade Center!

They are winning! The know they can't defeat us on the battlefield. But they are laughing at this financial crisis!
ComfortEagle Wrote:You can see how I got confused then, because in the sentence right before you had mentioned Obama's voting record.

It's fine if the moral issues mean a lot to you, but I think so many people JUST look at the moral issues and nothing else and base their opinions on that alone.

Well in the end, all that is going to matter are the moral decisions that you make throughtout your life. Not your economic status. So, yeah I will stick with moral issues also, because that is what God is going to judge me on when I go to Heaven. Therefore, no I will not vote for Barack Obama and no, I will not vote for a democrat!
Kysportsfan Wrote:Well in the end, all that is going to matter are the moral decisions that you make throughtout your life. Not your economic status. So, yeah I will stick with moral issues also, because that is what God is going to judge me on when I go to Heaven. Therefore, no I will not vote for Barack Obama and no, I will not vote for a democrat!

We're not voting for a religious leader like the Pope. We're voting on a person to run this country. I'm not trying to change your vote and you are welcome to vote any way you want, but I think it would be reckless to vote for someone based on moral issues alone. If that were the case Huckabee would be running instead of McCain and Kucinich would be running instead of Obama.

You are 100% wrong, 12 times since 2002 Bush and Republicans tried to launch investigations into Fannie and Freddie and the mortgage problem but were blocked by Democrats.
EkyLb Wrote:You are 100% wrong, 12 times since 2002 Bush and Republicans tried to launch investigations into Fannie and Freddie and the mortgage problem but were blocked by Democrats.
Can you feel it slipping away even as your ranting becomes more futile?
DevilsWin Wrote:Can you feel it slipping away even as your ranting becomes more futile?

Can you never stay on subject?
EkyLb Wrote:You are 100% wrong, 12 times since 2002 Bush and Republicans tried to launch investigations into Fannie and Freddie and the mortgage problem but were blocked by Democrats.

How am I 100% wrong? Bush is the POTUS, and he managed to snap congress into quick action in just a matter of about a week. Why wasn't this done before?

All it took was Bush addressing the public about the situation and explaining it's importance to get congress to do something, so why wasn't something like this done before now?

You are welcome to believe what you wish, but you're not going to change my mind. I think that if they truly wanted something done, the issue could have been pressed harder and something done about it. But I also think that no one knew just how bad this thing would get.

I am completely willing to agree that both parties had their fair share in the debacle, the blame does not lie solely on the Republicans or the Democrats.
President : Obama

US Senate : Bruce Lunsford
McCain/Milf
McCain all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm voting for myself.
ComfortEagle Wrote:We're not voting for a religious leader like the Pope. We're voting on a person to run this country. I'm not trying to change your vote and you are welcome to vote any way you want, but I think it would be reckless to vote for someone based on moral issues alone. If that were the case Huckabee would be running instead of McCain and Kucinich would be running instead of Obama.

You don't think the murder of the unborn is a HUGE issue? In my opinion, we are in trouble as a nation if we do not protect these innocents. The Economy is not in great shape but my pocket book does not take precedence over the killing of the unborn. The Lord will take care of me if I honor Him. I will have to answer one day for how I voted and so will you. Will you make the right choice?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:You don't think the murder of the unborn is a HUGE issue? In my opinion, we are in trouble as a nation if we do not protect these innocents. The Economy is not in great shape but my pocket book does not take precedence over the killing of the unborn. The Lord will take care of me if I honor Him. I will have to answer one day for how I voted and so will you. Will you make the right choice?

You and I hold different views on when a child becomes a child. In fact, that's what the disagreement is today. No one says "hey we want to kill babies."

I take it that you believe life begins at conception? If that's so, then let me ask, does your wife, girlfriend, whatever use or has used birth control?

Did you know that the birth control pill can possibly kill a fertile egg? It is possible to cause an abortion (preventing the implantation of a fertilized egg) while on the pill. The pill works in two different ways. One by preventing fertilization of the egg and also by changing the lining of the uterus in such a way that if an egg is in fact fertilized, it will not be able to be implanted onto the uterine wall. Thus causing an abortion or loss of a fertilized egg.

So if you believe life begins at conception, are you saying you don't support the birth control pill also? Because the pill can also kill a fertilized egg.

If you're anti-abortion, but pro-birth control pill then you are contradicting yourself.

Now, I'm just using that as an example as to how murky these waters get. I, for one, can't say when "life" begins. Some can say it's conception, again I will point to my example that even the birth control pill can cause a fertile egg to die.

Semen has "life" in it, so would you also be against masturbation or condoms because that's killing "life" or killing potential life? I don't know where to draw the line and I don't know if we will ever collectively agree on this issue.

If Obama takes office, all that will happen is that Roe v. Wade will stay in effect for the duration of his Presidency. Something that has been in effect since 1973. None of the previous Republican President have done anything about it since then so I don't know why you think if McCain takes office it's going to be like it automatically overturned?

If McCain were to get elected, he MIGHT, and I stress might, get a chance to appoint more conservative judges to the Supreme Court, but even then I'm not sure it would be overturned.

And it's not like if Obama gets elected, he's going to enact a law that says "hey kill a baby whenever you want." At worst, things will stay the same in regards to abortion.
Obama 08.
I dont like either canidate.. i will vote independent
Obama For President
Lunsford for U.S. Senate
ComfortEagle Wrote:You and I hold different views on when a child becomes a child. In fact, that's what the disagreement is today. No one says "hey we want to kill babies."

I take it that you believe life begins at conception? If that's so, then let me ask, does your wife, girlfriend, whatever use or has used birth control?

Did you know that the birth control pill can possibly kill a fertile egg? It is possible to cause an abortion (preventing the implantation of a fertilized egg) while on the pill. The pill works in two different ways. One by preventing fertilization of the egg and also by changing the lining of the uterus in such a way that if an egg is in fact fertilized, it will not be able to be implanted onto the uterine wall. Thus causing an abortion or loss of a fertilized egg.

So if you believe life begins at conception, are you saying you don't support the birth control pill also? Because the pill can also kill a fertilized egg.

If you're anti-abortion, but pro-birth control pill then you are contradicting yourself.

Now, I'm just using that as an example as to how murky these waters get. I, for one, can't say when "life" begins. Some can say it's conception, again I will point to my example that even the birth control pill can cause a fertile egg to die.

Semen has "life" in it, so would you also be against masturbation or condoms because that's killing "life" or killing potential life? I don't know where to draw the line and I don't know if we will ever collectively agree on this issue.

If Obama takes office, all that will happen is that Roe v. Wade will stay in effect for the duration of his Presidency. Something that has been in effect since 1973. None of the previous Republican President have done anything about it since then so I don't know why you think if McCain takes office it's going to be like it automatically overturned?

If McCain were to get elected, he MIGHT, and I stress might, get a chance to appoint more conservative judges to the Supreme Court, but even then I'm not sure it would be overturned.

And it's not like if Obama gets elected, he's going to enact a law that says "hey kill a baby whenever you want." At worst, things will stay the same in regards to abortion.

I agree. Some birth control methods do kill the fertilized egg. Others do not. I am only for birth control that does not (i.e. IUD's etc.) This is where we disagree ----I believe that life begins at conception ---- I do not believe this because it is my opinion but because that is what the Bible says. To me, that is the standard----what is found in God's Word. When I was expecting I refused to have an amnioscentisis (sp?) to determine whether my son had birth defects (this occurs during the 16th week of pregnancy or early in the 2nd trimester) It didn't matter because I would not have aborted no matter what the outcome. I feel that Obama is radically pro-choice in that he supported the partial birth abortion bill and was in agreement with allowing a child from a botched abortion not having any medical treatment to try to save it, but instead leaving it in a room to die alone. That, my friend, is someone I could NEVER support.
RavenBoy Wrote:McCain/Milf

Smile
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:I agree. Some birth control methods do kill the fertilized egg. Others do not. I am only for birth control that does not (i.e. IUD's etc.) This is where we disagree ----I believe that life begins at conception ---- I do not believe this because it is my opinion but because that is what the Bible says. To me, that is the standard----what is found in God's Word. When I was expecting I refused to have an amnioscentisis (sp?) to determine whether my son had birth defects (this occurs during the 16th week of pregnancy or early in the 2nd trimester) It didn't matter because I would not have aborted no matter what the outcome. I feel that Obama is radically pro-choice in that he supported the partial birth abortion bill and was in agreement with allowing a child from a botched abortion not having any medical treatment to try to save it, but instead leaving it in a room to die alone. That, my friend, is someone I could NEVER support.

I agree with you about brith control. I also agree with you on when life begins. You have very good points.Big Grin
RavenBoy Wrote:McCain/Milf
Soon to be GILF!
But I will be voting for Obama
Pages: 1 2