Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does anyone else?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone else get pumped when the music is playing before a football game? How awesome would it be if they played it during the game?
I think that is the purpose of playing music is to "pump up" the players. I don't think I'd like it during the game because if you're playing it'd be difficult to hear the coach call in plays or adjustments to make....plus, there is only so much "death metal" a person can listen to in a day....haha.
lol yea true plus it would get on all the older peoples nerves
Very true, they are a big revenue maker since most students only work part-time or don't work at all....have to tend to both crowds.
We always jammed out in the locker room before the games
TheyKnowMe Wrote:We always jammed out in the locker room before the games

Yep...

But you know, I kind of feel sorry for today's players. Years ago, when teams came onto the field there was a -real- 50-100 member band playing the school fight school song. This and following generations won't get to experience that.

Nor does the crowd get a real halftime show anymore. I like the Dance-Cats, but it's not the same.
oneijoe Wrote:Yep...

But you know, I kind of feel sorry for today's players. Years ago, when teams came onto the field there was a -real- 50-100 member band playing the school fight school song. This and following generations won't get to experience that.

Nor does the crowd get a real halftime show anymore. I like the Dance-Cats, but it's not the same.

Hazard's Band of Gold may not be that big but I love it when they play "On Hazard High" at the home games and the team comes running out onto the field. They also perform their field show at halftime. The Band of Gold placed 5th in the state at last year's state band competition.

[Image: parade008kr7BandofGoldBGparade.jpg]
What, half time the band is on the field lol, I thought that's when your suppose to grab something to eat just kidding.
Hard rock before a game is great. It gets me so pumped when a metal song comes on. During the game would be a different story it would distract me froom whats going on. I agree with them not playing music during the game. the game is called football not rock band.
Lol well i get pumped up so much then i got stand on the side-line : ( being a freshman sucks
oneijoe Wrote:Yep...

Never got to the see the halftime show besides homecoming lol

And yeah, our band was only like 20-30 people
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Never got to the see the halftime show besides homecoming lol

And yeah, our band was only like 20-30 people

lol our band has like 15 xD
brown_ind1977 Wrote:What, half time the band is on the field lol, I thought that's when your suppose to grab something to eat just kidding.

It is not like that at Hazard, when the band get done then you eat and stuff.
idk how many on here have got to watch a game at Johnson Central but the sound system is unreal the music is great and it just adds to the atmosphere! but i agree it would just be a distraction if they played it during the game....after a big play or summen or a score i dont think its wrong to play a lil summen.......(example) my senoir year which was 06 at JC we had a very good linebacker named Micheal Tackett and he was in a alot of big hits and ever time he tagged someone they played starrin down the barrell of a 45 and it was pretty sweet!
Yea at boyd county they played songs in between plays
brown_ind1977 Wrote:What, half time the band is on the field lol, I thought that's when your suppose to grab something to eat just kidding.

I especially feel sorry for the crowd at Johnson Central. At one point, the Marching Eagles were >200 members strong and they were GOOD. It was a real point of pride for the school.

There were probably more parents of band members there at the Central games in the 80's than football parents.

Wink
I think that the music should be choreographed and in sync with the game. However, when done wrong, the game kind of loses the fans. I believe the fans are the best "pump" for a team. If you do the two in the correct way, the game is very entertaining.