Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know the parings for the tournament this year?
I know the field is
Perry Co Central
Hazard
Clay Co
Johnson Central
Letcher Co Central
Allen Central
East Ridge
Knott Co Central
Look for hazard to win uncontested.
sportsfan22 Wrote:Look for hazard to win uncontested.

Knott and Perry Central both have a pretty good chance as well. I don't think Hazard wins uncontested that's for sure.
I think Johnson Central will be the best rep. from the 15th this year. But to say Hazard will win it uncontested is a big stretch.
Until they start getting the best mountain teams to come play, this tournament will continue to go down hill. They need to find someway to get South Laurel, Shelby Valley and Elliott county in this thing. And yes, I said Elliott Co. Anyone who thinks Sandy Hook is not part of the mountain region is a complete idiot.
What happen with JBS. They won it last year. The winner of it the year before always play in it the next year.
[quote=worker1]Until they start getting the best mountain teams to come play, this tournament will continue to go down hill. They need to find someway to get South Laurel, Shelby Valley and Elliott county in this thing. And yes, I said Elliott Co. Anyone who thinks Sandy Hook is not part of the mountain region is a complete idiot.[/qu
Elliott is not in the 13, 14, or 15th regions. that is the only reason they would not be invited.
cj2561 Wrote:What happen with JBS. They won it last year. The winner of it the year before always play in it the next year.
l JBS lost some of their better player.s The MVP Of last years tourny will be playing for KCC
UKisN1 Wrote:[quote=worker1]Until they start getting the best mountain teams to come play, this tournament will continue to go down hill. They need to find someway to get South Laurel, Shelby Valley and Elliott county in this thing. And yes, I said Elliott Co. Anyone who thinks Sandy Hook is not part of the mountain region is a complete idiot.[/qu
Elliott is not in the 13, 14, or 15th regions. that is the only reason they would not be invited.

That part, I get, but if it truly is a Mountain basketball tournament, I would like to see the best mountain teams in it and to me that includes the 16th and parts of the 12th.
the tournament has always been a good one and the scholarship money they provide to kids makes it that much better but I would like to see it expand to 16 teams and take the top four teams from the 12th, 13th , 14th and 15th regions. Have the same format as the Sweet 16 because it can be done.:bball: :USAFlag:
It should remain as is. It covers a full week now as it is. The coverage should be the 13,14, and 15th regions.
Mountain regions have always been 13-15. It's too confusing to start trying to split up the 12th and 16th.
I think they only invite teams in WYMT viewing area
Is michael campbell playing for hazard?