Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts on the VP Debate this Thursday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on the VP debate this coming Thursday?

IMO, McCain/Palin's ratings are going to drop after this. If Palin can keep to short, snappy responses she may fair well, but if she gets on the confusing tangents she has been getting on (i.e. the Katie Couric interviews) then I think some Americans are going to get turned off by her.

Biden also has the chance of sticking his foot in his mouth, but I think if he has strong answers, without looking like he's "picking on" Palin, he will come out the victor.
Palin will destroy old man smithers
qbdad2011 Wrote:Palin will destroy old man smithers

How? I have not been impressed with anything she has said that wasn't first on a teleprompter. And her interview with Couric was simply terrible.
qbdad2011 Wrote:Palin will destroy old man smithers

Based on what? She's looked pretty confused in every appearance so far where she has been asked questions, and Biden knows a thing or two about a thing or two Smile

I look for this to be a huge blow to the GOP after Palin gets blasted in this debate, and I honestly don't care about either candidate but I'd be shocked if she does a good job.
I want to know this, as a candidate for First Lady, what do you say to your husband selecting a woman as a running mate?
Palin doesn't have a chance. The moderator has written a pro-Obama book to be released on inauguration day!
lawrencefan Wrote:Palin doesn't have a chance. The moderator has written a pro-Obama book to be released on inauguration day!

John McCain told FOX News Wednesday he believes Ifill will be "objective" at the debate.

"Does this help if she has written a book that's favorable to Senator Obama? Probably not," McCain said. "But I have confidence Gwen Ifill will do a professional job."
I'm sure we can continue to expect the media to treat Governor Palin with the same since of fairness they have always displayed.
lawrencefan Wrote:I'm sure we can continue to expect the media to treat Governor Palin with the same since of fairness they have always displayed.
Gwen Ifill is a very good Journalist.

Don't confuse her with Couric, Lauer, Olberman, Hannity or any of the other idiots that claim to be journalists.
lawrencefan Wrote:I'm sure we can continue to expect the media to treat Governor Palin with the same since of fairness they have always displayed.

John McCain does.
I think it's time for McFailin to go down.