Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What is the most Bush thing you have seen in high school baseball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the most Bush league thing you've ever seen happen in a high school baseball game?
Last season during a game the opposing teams 2nd baseman or shortstop wouldn't hold the runner on so they thirdbaseman wlked all the way over to hold the runner on. Then the same team's coach came out to argue a call while chomping on a hotdog.........also two of the players played the whole game with their jerseys untucked and one with his hat backwards.......It was all pretty ridiculous.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Last season during a game the opposing teams 2nd baseman or shortstop wouldn't hold the runner on so they thirdbaseman wlked all the way over to hold the runner on. Then the same team's coach came out to argue a call while chomping on a hotdog.........also two of the players played the whole game with their jerseys untucked and one with his hat backwards.......It was all pretty ridiculous.
You stole my post!Big Grin Big Grin
I'll try to name a few things I've seen over the years...May not be Bush but still funny....

@ Feds Creek a few years ago I noticed their 1st baseman kept wondering into foul territory during the game and moving his feet around. Finally he called timeout while the pitcher was in his wind-up went over stomped the grass a couple of times, picked up a snake with his hands and threw it over the fence and came back in fair-territory like it never happened.

@South Floyd a few years ago, I was in center field and noticed something was stinking pretty bad, and I looked around a little more only to noticed two huge dead bass laying in right center field. Pretty Bush to me that they left dead fish on the field for the game....

Feds Creek used to wear mis-matched jerseys and didn't tuck them in. One guy was wearing jeans and a camouflage hat one year and that was probably the most bush thing I've seen.

Over @ Phelps I guess around 8 or 9 years ago or so, their coach was wearing a suit and tie and was grading papers in the dugout during the game. The players were doing flips and cartwheels on the field and some of the players set a big fire behind the dugout to keep "Bigfoot" away, because each time a foul ball went in the hills they always argued who was going to get it because "Bigfoot was in them there hills"...They walked off the field so slow, and argued on the field, and the coach never did anything. We said we would never played Phelps again until a change was made, and we didn't until Coach Mounts came and turned the program around...

When I was a senior a player for East Ridge hit a ground rule double stopped at second at the umpire was bush in this case because even after the player stopped at 2nd he called it a homerun and swore it went over the fence (even the player knew it didn't)

I'll think of more, I used to see all kinds of crazy stuff back when I played.
Another time @ Feds Creek in 2002 I hit a foul ball out of play and hit a kid in the head knocking him out cold, and they swore I did it on purpose. Smile They were cussing me out the whole game and chased the bus out when we left saying they were going to get me. Pretty Bush League fans in that case.
alfus21 Wrote:Another time @ Feds Creek in 2002 I hit a foul ball out of play and hit a kid in the head knocking him out cold, and they swore I did it on purpose. Smile They were cussing me out the whole game and chased the bus out when we left saying they were going to get me. Pretty Bush League fans in that case.

Talk about good ball placement.
A few years back at Clay county, a ump didnt know a rule so he called someone on his cell during the game to get the call. But come to find out the call was still wrong.
When I played @ Paintsville, we played millard one time and in center field was an old toliet stuck in the mud, then we hit a homerun and one of them said "Gee whiz, I hain't never seen one hit that fer befer".
at JBS one time a team had a huge lead and the coach said to strike out on purpose........JBS players started going wild and started talking trash cause they thought their pitcher was throwing gas, so the next hitter got up and swung once before the pitcher threw then once after it hit the mit then hit a double in the gap........they started calling the opp. team bush lol.
A couple of years ago I was watching a tourney at Sheldon Clark high school and a boy from Lawrence county slid into 3rd base and it popped out of the ground. When the base came out it, so did a used condom. The coach for Lawrence had to grab a stick and scoop it up and throw it outside the fence. That has to be the most bush thing I have ever seen.
House of Pain Wrote:A couple of years ago I was watching a tourney at Sheldon Clark high school and a boy from Lawrence county slid into 3rd base and it popped out of the ground. When the base came out it, so did a used condom. The coach for Lawrence had to grab a stick and scoop it up and throw it outside the fence. That has to be the most bush thing I have ever seen.
:lmao: :lmao:
The most bush thing i have ever seen was when we were playing paintsville and they were to lazy to walk five feet out of the dugout to the bathroom so they hid behind the trash can and used the bathroom in the corner.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Last season during a game the opposing teams 2nd baseman or shortstop wouldn't hold the runner on so they thirdbaseman wlked all the way over to hold the runner on. Then the same team's coach came out to argue a call while chomping on a hotdog.........also two of the players played the whole game with their jerseys untucked and one with his hat backwards.......It was all pretty ridiculous.
You also took my post, every single aspect of it...lol!
A couple of there players also had on blue jeans and one had a flannel shirt. I mean, I know money can sometimes be a problem..but go buy a couple of pair of baseball pants and a jersey...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:A couple of there players also had on blue jeans and one had a flannel shirt. I mean, I know money can sometimes be a problem..but go buy a couple of pair of baseball pants and a jersey...

i know what team you are reffering to know and well the pants are free the coach just didnt want to give them to all the players because he didnt care and because they didnt play
House of Pain Wrote:A couple of years ago I was watching a tourney at Sheldon Clark high school and a boy from Lawrence county slid into 3rd base and it popped out of the ground. When the base came out it, so did a used condom. The coach for Lawrence had to grab a stick and scoop it up and throw it outside the fence. That has to be the most bush thing I have ever seen.

yeah i remember that...that was about 2 years ago
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:i know what team you are reffering to know and well the pants are free the coach just didnt want to give them to all the players because he didnt care and because they didnt play
If you do know what team I am talking about..I hope things go alot better for you all this year. I hate to see any team go through things that I seen that night. LACK OF INTEREST and always has been at that school when it comes to baseball..

Best one I have ever heard...

What an experience lol
Two years ago we went to play South Floyd, but no one was at the field. Ten minutes after we got there they all showed up on fourwheelers, and their coach showed up soon after. Then after there pregame, their centerfield ran in and punted his glove over the backstop, it was hillarious. He threw up his hands and yelled, "and its good!". Then throughout the whole game some kid was running around in the dugout with a towel on his back saying he was superman. Im not saying it was pure bush, but i have to say it was pretty funny
geoffrey7 Wrote:Two years ago we went to play South Floyd, but no one was at the field. Ten minutes after we got there they all showed up on fourwheelers, and their coach showed up soon after. Then after there pregame, their centerfield ran in and punted his glove over the backstop, it was hillarious. He threw up his hands and yelled, "and its good!". Then throughout the whole game some kid was running around in the dugout with a towel on his back saying he was superman. Im not saying it was pure bush, but i have to say it was pretty funny

lol now this must have been my freshman year because i didnt play that year and i dont member that happening while i was playin lol and im a Senior now at SF....

Quote:If you do know what team I am talking about..I hope things go alot better for you all this year. I hate to see any team go through things that I seen that night. LACK OF INTEREST and always has been at that school when it comes to baseball..

and i belive that u are reffering to South Floyd... and i belive that we got rid of the main problem... we have a whole new coaching staff that actually cares unlike previous years
when i played jv we went to lawrence county on a saturday and played in the morning and we had a runner that stole second and the runner on my team was clearly safe and the ump called him out and my coach came out and talked to him about it and then lc's coach came out and the ump called a "do over"
Sounds like baseball season in the mountains can be very entertaining.
russelldevils54 Wrote:when i played jv we went to lawrence county on a saturday and played in the morning and we had a runner that stole second and the runner on my team was clearly safe and the ump called him out and my coach came out and talked to him about it and then lc's coach came out and the ump called a "do over"

that is hilarious. how do you have a do over in baseball?
I think the most bush thing I saw when I played baseball was when we went to south floyd to play and the coach had his pants pulled up to his knees with no socks and was wearing chuck taylors.
russelldevils54 Wrote:when i played jv we went to lawrence county on a saturday and played in the morning and we had a runner that stole second and the runner on my team was clearly safe and the ump called him out and my coach came out and talked to him about it and then lc's coach came out and the ump called a "do over"

wow, ....that is bush
frankie21 Wrote:I think the most bush thing I saw when I played baseball was when we went to south floyd to play and the coach had his pants pulled up to his knees with no socks and was wearing chuck taylors.

yea that dont suprise me...thats all he wore was Chuck Taylors.
A few of my best:
1. playing at Jenkins....the coach stood behind the dugout between innings and smoked a cigarette
2. playing at Letcher......coach stood at the 3rd base box and talked on cell phone during the inning
3. South Floyd and the Chucks
We were playing an away game one year, and the team we were playing against had the vest type jerseys.... That was all well and good, but the starting pitcher didnt have a shirt on underneath the vest so it was basically looked like a cut off baseball jersey.... To add to the story he also had a tattoo of a deer on his right arm... classy
Football Frenzy Wrote:We were playing an away game one year, and the team we were playing against had the vest type jerseys.... That was all well and good, but the starting pitcher didnt have a shirt on underneath the vest so it was basically looked like a cut off baseball jersey.... To add to the story he also had a tattoo of a deer on his right arm... classy

holy crap that is classic, please tell me this WAS NOT PIKE CENTRAL!!!
Pages: 1 2