Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 30 - South Floyd -0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratus to the panthers
Congrats on an easy one.
Pikeville must of took it easy
The Pikeville offense is still suspect and will hurt them later in the season if they get into the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs. Their Defense is very strong though and it going to win them a lot of games this year. Since the beating that NCC gave them Pikeville has given up 7 points in the past 4 games....a 4th quarter Pburg TD against the Pikeville JV. Closer game than I thought it would be tonight. Pikeville needs a good week of pratice as they finish their non-district shedule next week at Belfry. Good luck to the Raiders....I hope you guys get the 4th seed in District 8 for the playoffs.
PHSFAN Wrote:The Pikeville offense is still suspect and will hurt them later in the season if they get into the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs. Their Defense is very strong though and it going to win them a lot of games this year. Since the beating that NCC gave them Pikeville has given up 7 points in the past 4 games....a 4th quarter Pburg TD against the Pikeville JV. Closer game than I thought it would be tonight. Pikeville needs a good week of pratice as they finish their non-district shedule next week at Belfry. Good luck to the Raiders....I hope you guys get the 4th seed in District 8 for the playoffs.

I agree, PHS, but you know Pikeville called off the dawgs early in this one.
Coach J must be class act. We all know SF would be overmatched big time.
Fishing Wrote:Coach J must be class act. We all know SF would be overmatched big time.

From what I have been able to tell Coach Jackson is a class act. Pikeville is very lucky to have him.
Congrats Pikeville
Don't worry...Coach J IS a class act :thumb:

CONGRATS PANTHERS!!
Beef Wrote:Don't worry...Coach J IS a class act :thumb:

CONGRATS PANTHERS!!

All I got to say is whos Next.. Belfry isConfusedhh:
PHS....did you go to the game?`
Beef Wrote:PHS....did you go to the game?`

No.
Shew...no wonder Pikeville won!

And Belfry scares Pikeville very VERY little!! :thumb: Big Grin
Pikeville did not try to take it easy on the Raiders, they kept their starters in until late in the 4th quarter. The Raiders defense played very good last night it was 21-0 the end of the 1st quarter and the raiders held them the 2nd an it was 21-0 at halftime. Congradulations to Pikeville and keep workin hard Raiders
It looked to me like the panthers pulled out the big dawgs at halftime. I know they had the JV playing most of the second half.

Why did that player from South Floyd tackle the boy from Pikeville after the pass interference call in the first half? He got the penalty then just got up and tackled him anyways and got a foul.
Pikeville had their starters in the 2nd half an the raiders defense stepped up.. Because it was head to head contact an he wasnt anywhere near the ball when the Pikeville player hit him.
Were the Panthers throwing the ball a lot?
Yes Pikeville seemed to be working on their passing game most of the night. If they wanted, they probably could have ran the ball the whole night and ran up the score. But they didnt....

Questionable officiating last night also or from the stands it looked that way.
sf football Wrote:Pikeville had their starters in the 2nd half an the raiders defense stepped up.. Because it was head to head contact an he wasnt anywhere near the ball when the Pikeville player hit him.
#1 Pikeville had their # 2 QB and second group of backs in the 2nd half.
#2 Pikeville had over 350 yds rushing...hard to say defense stepped up.
#3 He was jumping for the ball when he was hit by the DB. It was a clean,although early, hit. There was not justification for the actions following the play.
Were you at the game???
Yes I was.
I think the Pikeville just hustled more. Pikeville players were quicker, stronger. I also think they took the Raiders out of the game early. Pikeville was running down people all over the field, where the Raiders were walking mostly.

I will admit he was hit early, but that is what the refs are for. Someone told me that boy that got up and tackled one of our boys does the same thing in basketball.
sf football Wrote:Yes I sure was idiot.
Name calling is uncalled for and childish.
It was a simple question and I gave my opinion and added a question.
sf football, Why don't you allow PM's?
BTW--check rule #1
That player doesnt even play basketball so whoever you heard it from has their facts wrong.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Questionable officiating last night also or from the stands it looked that way.
What do you mean by this?? I wasn't at the game so I'm wondering.
Better luck next time Raiders, good luck the rest of the season.
From what I heard, the Panthers ran up the score early, then used the rest of the game to work on their passing, which is less than decent right now. This is actually a smart call by the coaches. Considering they have Belfry coming up soon.
Most teams would have done the same GF. Just work on their passing game and running plays so they can be better prepared for other upcoming opponents.

Congrats to Pikeville and best of luck to South Floyd in the latter part of the season.
Here is a link the the article in the News Express about the Pikeville-South Floyd game.

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...nthers.txt
South Floyd didn't have a chance and both teams knew it.
South Floyd still didn't come into the game scared and give up. an unless you was actually on the feild i wouldnt comment on what went on.
Pages: 1 2