Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All-Time Paintsville Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here is my lineup with 5 or 6 pitchers. Also, name as many bench players as possible.
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
P-Chas Harmon St. Catherine
C-David Lemaster Clemson
1B-Tucker Howard Louisville
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
SS-Johnnie Lemasters Giants
3B-John Miller Morehead State
OF-John Holbrook UK
OF-Daniel Pugh Morehead State
OF-Shane Simpkins St. Catherine
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Josh Mackenzie Campbellsville
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett
Jason Kinner would have to be in there somewhere. If I'm not mistaken he has the school record for homeruns in a season,16.
Also, BJ Ward (SS), Tony Mayes ©, Lance Daniel (not sure on his position) but he did play at WKU for 4 years.
Lance Daniel was a catcher.
EastKyMiner Wrote:here is my lineup with 5 or 6 pitchers. Also, name as many bench players as possible.
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett
I think he just signed as a free agent. I dont think he was drafted.

I would mention Walt Meek and Bob Lyons in the pitchers category.
EastKyMiner Wrote:here is my lineup with 5 or 6 pitchers. Also, name as many bench players as possible.
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett
That is a pretty good list of players. I don't care who you are those are some players.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I think he just signed as a free agent. I dont think he was drafted.

I would mention Walt Meek and Bob Lyons in the pitchers category.
Agree, but I would also add Morgan Cyrus. Adkins told me that Morgan had the best control of any pitcher he ever had. could throw every pitch for a strike anytime he wanted too. Had a 3 year career ERA of less than 1.00 pitched 117 + innings walked nine(4 intentional). Mike Minix(little) was a fantastic baseball player! great stick and speed to burn.
The Guru Wrote:Agree, but I would also add Morgan Cyrus. Adkins told me that Morgan had the best control of any pitcher he ever had. could throw every pitch for a strike anytime he wanted too. Had a 3 year career ERA of less than 1.00 pitched 117 + innings walked nine(4 intentional). Mike Minix(little) was a fantastic baseball player! great stick and speed to burn.
Mo was one of the best 2 too ever pitch there. He is a Lawrence Co boy but he graduated from Paintsville and played there his Sr year of baseball.
bulldog42 Wrote:Mo was one of the best 2 too ever pitch there. He is a Lawrence Co boy but he graduated from Paintsville and played there his Sr year of baseball.
Mo is a Lawrence county boy. Went to Lawrence his freshman year, then to Paintsville his Soph. year, then back to JC for football his Jr year but came back to PHS for baseball that year and did the same thing his Sr. year! LOL Kinda made us all dizzy!
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett

Cant forget about Greg Slone.
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett
He didn't.
Even though Tackett did not play his senior year, I think he would be in the starting lineup for any All-Tiger Team. He hit over .500 as an 8th grader for Pete's sake, and those numbers never went down.
what ever happned to lemasters i havent heard from him in a long time
Joe Collins, Hatler Riddle, Sean and Matt Williams, Jason Wefenstette, all played at Lees College
mullinstiger55 Wrote:what ever happned to lemasters i havent heard from him in a long time

I would say not considering Johnny LeMaster graduated from Paintsville in '73 (I'm pretty sure) and David Lemaster graduated from Paintsville in '79. Long before your time and mine for that matter.
The Guru Wrote:Mo is a Lawrence county boy. Went to Lawrence his freshman year, then to Paintsville his Soph. year, then back to JC for football his Jr year but came back to PHS for baseball that year and did the same thing his Sr. year! LOL Kinda made us all dizzy!

I agree Mo has to be on there, even though he did break a window in the gym!
slingblade93 Wrote:I agree Mo has to be on there, even though he did break a window in the gym!
Wasn't that hillarious!!! His first pitch in front of Adkins and he sails it through the gym window!!! "Son....I thought you were a pitcher....not a **** ballerina!!"
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett

Thats a real good list right there..i'd have Pugh on the bench though..i just dont see him being one of the best outfielders phs has ever had..he was good though.
P-Walt Crace
P-Mickey Vanhoose
P-Randy Daniel
P-Jeremy Slone Marshall
P-Craig Ratliff drafted
C-David Lemaster Clemson
2B-Thom Deskins Cubs
OF-John Holbrook UK
Bench
Paul David Brown EKU
Bill Mike Runyon
Jeremy Holbrook
Greg Slone
Rocky Blankenship
Todd Tackett

Bill Mike has to start over Pugh or Simpkins. Played at Pikeville College and the "Paintsville Yankees"

Randy Daniel was tough! Also played at Pikeville College
X Factor Wrote:Bill Mike has to start over Pugh or Simpkins. Played at Pikeville College and the "Paintsville Yankees"

If you think Runyon was better than Pugh then you obviously didn't see him play. There is no way Runyon was as good a player. As far as BMR playing at Pikeville and the Paintsville Yankees, the only thing as a P-ville Yankee Runyon bunted 99% of the time. After about 4 league games these teams were throwing at him because all he did was attempt to bunt. You could put BMR in the outfield but it would have to be for Holbrook with the players that are listed. Jon never played an inning in the outfield his whole career, but he could certainly play the infield with this list.
X Factor Wrote:Bill Mike has to start over Pugh or Simpkins. Played at Pikeville College and the "Paintsville Yankees"

Bill Mike did not play for the Paintsville Yankees. He played the season before the Yankees affiliate team played in Paintsville. Bill Mike played for the Paintsville Highlanders. The Highlanders was a late put together team that was comprised of players from several MLB affiliate minor league teams to fill a roster out. Bill Mike was added to the squad to try to induce local fan support for the team. He was only used on a few occasions to lay down a bunt(as stated by Kyrifle).

Randy may have been the best pitcher in PHS history but unless I am mistaken never played any college ball.

And finally, Pugh does indeed belong on the All Time squad. Heck, he's playing D1 baseball.
Will "Tootsie" Mullins might also be mentioned.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Bill Mike did not play for the Paintsville Yankees. He played the season before the Yankees affiliate team played in Paintsville. Bill Mike played for the Paintsville Highlanders. The Highlanders was a late put together team that was comprised of players from several MLB affiliate minor league teams to fill a roster out. Bill Mike was added to the squad to try to induce local fan support for the team. He was only used on a few occasions to lay down a bunt(as stated by Kyrifle).

Randy may have been the best pitcher in PHS history but unless I am mistaken never played any college ball.

And finally, Pugh does indeed belong on the All Time squad. Heck, he's playing D1 baseball.

Randy pitched at Pikeville College at least one year because Tim Rice from Betsy Layne was the catcher.
kyrifle Wrote:If you think Runyon was better than Pugh then you obviously didn't see him play. There is no way Runyon was as good a player. As far as BMR playing at Pikeville and the Paintsville Yankees, the only thing as a P-ville Yankee Runyon bunted 99% of the time. After about 4 league games these teams were throwing at him because all he did was attempt to bunt. You could put BMR in the outfield but it would have to be for Holbrook with the players that are listed. Jon never played an inning in the outfield his whole career, but he could certainly play the infield with this list.

Well in 1996 BMR was selected into the Hall of Fame at Pikeville College for baseball. So regardless of what he did for whatever MLB affiliate, he must have had a pretty good career in college.

And before some of you call me a liar here's the link....

http://www.pc.edu/athletics/hof/1989-1999.aspx
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well in 1996 BMR was selected into the Hall of Fame at Pikeville College for baseball. So regardless of what he did for whatever MLB affiliate, he must have had a pretty good career in college.

And before some of you call me a liar here's the link....

http://www.pc.edu/athletics/hof/1989-1999.aspx

Don't need the link to see anything. This thread has nothing to do with what someone did in college. We're talking about a high school team and who everyone thinks the better players that would make the starting line up.
Here are a couple more names I will throw out there. Todd Tackett, probably top 2 SS we ever had, was voted All-State pre-season his sr. year but did not play. Not playing his sr. year should be the only reason to keep him off if any, JMO.
Little Mike Minix was as good with the bat as any I ever saw.
Superman20 Wrote:Thats a real good list right there..i'd have Pugh on the bench though..i just dont see him being one of the best outfielders phs has ever had..he was good though.

I agree with this statement....how much did he really play outfield? I remember him playing as much if not more in field that out. Plus what did he do that was so rememberable to be placed on this list...and not on the bench?
Dude Wrote:I agree with this statement....how much did he really play outfield? I remember him playing as much if not more in field that out. Plus what did he do that was so rememberable to be placed on this list...and not on the bench?
If I'm not mistaken when he was younger he played outfield for a few years and had very good range. I think he had to come into the infield later in his career because PHS had nobody else that could play in the middle. I had him on my list because he is a good hitter and has great speed when I got to watch him play. Plus, he is playing D-1 baseball.
kyrifle Wrote:Don't need the link to see anything. This thread has nothing to do with what someone did in college. We're talking about a high school team and who everyone thinks the better players that would make the starting line up.

Well that is very true, however, you felt the need to throw in your two sense about what he did for the pro affiliate when he played, and not to use your own words, but that obviously has nothing to do with what he did at Paintsville either. Look if your going to be biased about these things, it's completely pointless to even discuss it because it won't be a true debate. I am not saying BMR was one of the greates players to come out of Paintsville, but I am saying that there are a couple you have mentioned that he was better than.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well that is very true, however, you felt the need to throw in your two sense about what he did for the pro affiliate when he played, and not to use your own words, but that obviously has nothing to do with what he did at Paintsville either. Look if your going to be biased about these things, it's completely pointless to even discuss it because it won't be a true debate. I am not saying BMR was one of the greates players to come out of Paintsville, but I am saying that there are a couple you have mentioned that he was better than.

Never mentioned a couple players that was better than BMR, only one. Look, I've seen all the players come through Paintsville for the last 40 years. BMR was a good player. When you have people on here that has never seen these players play and try to compare them to someone else and make out like they're so much better than someone else that's when I go to bat for the player some people are trying to make out like he dosen't belong.
Dude Wrote:I agree with this statement....how much did he really play outfield? I remember him playing as much if not more in field that out. Plus what did he do that was so rememberable to be placed on this list...and not on the bench?

He started 2 years in the outfield. Has as good a range as anyone who has ever played there since I've been watching P-ville baseball.
Pages: 1 2