Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bell won region but lost their coach. With a good football team this year they may have some players going on to college that wont play baseball? POSSIBLE. How does bell look going into the year loosing one starter in their ace?
Bell should still be very good and with another good coach coming in they shouldn't miss a beat. I rank them among the top in the region along with South, Clay, Corbin, and Whitley. Watch out for KC and Harlan Co. and never count out Middlesboro, North, and Williamsburg.
ukwildcat2000 Wrote:Bell should still be very good and with another good coach coming in they shouldn't miss a beat. I rank them among the top in the region along with South, Clay, Corbin, and Whitley. Watch out for KC and Harlan Co. and never count out Middlesboro, North, and Williamsburg.

Knox Central will be good as well this year.. Clay will be solid, Whitley im not sure, Williamsburg is a team to watch out for in my opinion.
the dark wizard Wrote:Knox Central will be good as well this year.. Clay will be solid, Whitley im not sure, Williamsburg is a team to watch out for in my opinion.

You must have a grudge against Middlesboro, Bell should be the favorite again. But they only beat Middlesboro 3-2 in the last inning in the district championship. Bell gets a very good replacement coach with John Smith. Mboro returns all their starters also that being said not including Mboro is ridiculous. Are you sure you know alot about the 13th region?
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:You must have a grudge against Middlesboro, Bell should be the favorite again. But they only beat Middlesboro 3-2 in the last inning in the district championship. Bell gets a very good replacement coach with John Smith. Mboro returns all their starters also that being said not including Mboro is ridiculous. Are you sure you know alot about the 13th region?

Well it seems to me that all you think the 13th region is, is Mboro Mboro Mboro. All you ever post is about them and Bell. Very few Bell. so it looks like your the biased one. Not me.
Well if you ask me Knott Co will be very strong this year they had a rocky season last year but you must also look at the point they had to out due to injuires and one kid named Boyd Killion which was a tranfer from bell with a great arm and knoxledge bout baseball they should be strong this year.
the white wizard Wrote:Well if you ask me Knott Co will be very strong this year they had a rocky season last year but you must also look at the point they had to out due to injuires and one kid named Boyd Killion which was a tranfer from bell with a great arm and knoxledge bout baseball they should be strong this year.

Smile You mean Knox Central:confused: Boyd Killion played for Mboro and transfered to Bell because he was not starting for either team. Now he ends up at Knox Central. 3 Schools in 4 Years? Sounds like he needs knowledge of making up his mind of where he wants to play! Not trying to bash the kid, But he really wasnt all that good.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Smile You mean Knox Central:confused: Boyd Killion played for Mboro and transfered to Bell because he was not starting for either team. Now he ends up at Knox Central. 3 Schools in 4 Years? Sounds like he needs knowledge of making up his mind of where he wants to play! Not trying to bash the kid, But he really wasnt all that good.

Ive saw him practice.. He doesnt look like hes bad to me.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:Smile You mean Knox Central:confused: Boyd Killion played for Mboro and transfered to Bell because he was not starting for either team. Now he ends up at Knox Central. 3 Schools in 4 Years? Sounds like he needs knowledge of making up his mind of where he wants to play! Not trying to bash the kid, But he really wasnt all that good.
Well he didnt even go to high school at mboro so get your facts stright and when he tranfered to bell county as a freashmen he was strting or atleast getting playin time then the followoing year he stepped in and started as a catcher and he had no decision in tranfering to knox county and if you ask me if bell had boyd be hide the plate and had a better third basemen then bell could have went to state in baseball last year
Boyd is a super young man and can play the game. He was set up to fail when the Bell coach put him behind the plate. He will do fine at Knox and I wish him the best.
This is Bell County 09 thread. Way too much talk about Middlesboro and Knox. Both are rivials and will be trying to knock of the Bobcats. Fact is we lost 1 senior. He was very important. New coach should only be a plus but we will see. Verdict is still out. The one thing that is not in question is that this is the same group of seniors that have proven that they CAN win at anything. Now they need to finish.
the dark wizard Wrote:Bell won region but lost their coach. With a good football team this year they may have some players going on to college that wont play baseball? POSSIBLE. How does bell look going into the year loosing one starter in their ace?

You hope some of them don't play baseball. Sorry they will all play baseball and maybe a couple of new faces.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:You must have a grudge against Middlesboro, Bell should be the favorite again. But they only beat Middlesboro 3-2 in the last inning in the district championship. Bell gets a very good replacement coach with John Smith. Mboro returns all their starters also that being said not including Mboro is ridiculous. Are you sure you know alot about the 13th region?

Teams tend to step it up in the district and regional championships, at least I'd hope. But don't try to throw up a score like that.. Bell beat the Jackets 18-3 the first game. Beating them 3 times in a season proves a point.
If Bell still has the same team they had last season then I think they should no doubt be the front runners, and I am not so sure they lost their "ace." It was a toss up towards the end of the season. Both of them took a beating in the sectional, but they still had some hitters. Bell's only obstacle will be their pitching staff after that #1 guy. If they can get some quality innings out of those guys then they have a definite shot at being back in the sectional tournament.
from what i hear knox this year is lead by two very outstanding players in Boyd Killion and Cory smith and a very good supporting team they will be strong this season and knox is making history so watch out
They sound good
the white wizard Wrote:from what i hear knox this year is lead by two very outstanding players in Boyd Killion and Cory smith and a very good supporting team they will be strong this season and knox is making history so watch out
does either of these guy's pitch? who is you're pitching staff?
If i recall right you're pitching is down after losing Jacob Scalf.
Fullmetaljacket8 Wrote:does either of these guy's pitch? who is you're pitching staff?
If i recall right you're pitching is down after losing Jacob Scalf.

yes both cory and boyd will be pitching this year and even thought this is boyd weak spot he been working really hard to work thoes problems out so he can step up and be a leader this year
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:If Bell still has the same team they had last season then I think they should no doubt be the front runners, and I am not so sure they lost their "ace." It was a toss up towards the end of the season. Both of them took a beating in the sectional, but they still had some hitters. Bell's only obstacle will be their pitching staff after that #1 guy. If they can get some quality innings out of those guys then they have a definite shot at being back in the sectional tournament.

Pitching will be fine. They have seven who can throw, five of those will be seniors. Depth will be the problem.
How would Bell have problems with depth in pitching?When you're loaded with seniors like Mboro was couple years back.
Depth overall. You have guys that pitch but they all play other positions.