Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County vs. Bath County - Oct. 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should be a dandy! Who wins it?
I take powell in the nail biter!:Clap:
If Powell comes out and plays the way they can, I think the Pirates will take this one.
Powell must stop that big ole' RB. They also have to keep their eye on Bath's MLB. He is their toughest player. If Powell is clicking on all cylinders, they will win. We can't have no let downs.
Powell 28 Bath 14
Ill take Powell
Powell will win this one. The Pirates Jv beat bath 20-6.
The College One Wrote:Powell will win this one. The Pirates Jv beat bath 20-6.

Well, thats the JV. Totally different players.
Should be a very good game, but I'll take the Wildcats of Bath County by a touchdown.

Best of luck to both!
Bath County.
Bath by 14
Powell is playing well but Bath is a little stronger.
Sep 28, 07 Powell County @Powell
45 - 13 (W)
That was last year. At their place. Bath county still has 3 of the 4 biggest playmakers on offense. All of the defense plus Aaron Meadows. Albeit Coach Whitaker has done a tremendous job with the Pirates of Powell county but I do not believe that they have improved enough to beat Bath county this year. It will be closer but I'm taking the Wildcats by two touchdowns.

Bath county 30
Powell County 14
I take Powell 28-21 in a close game
Powell if thay have game face on will win by 2 tds.
powell county's football team is on a mission to show everyone they deserve respect that is long overdue. for the past years everyone has over looked this team and this year they are are definately a force to be dealt with. i take powell county by 2 touchdown's. there offense has a good passing game and a decent running game to go with it. their defensive line is improving with every game. keep an eye on #44. he loves to sack quarterbacks. and that he does very well

go pirates.
powell in a close one
Powell has a very talented team this year. Rice has tremendously improved at quarterback since mike whitaker has taken over the job at powell co. David Crowe and Jared Barron are two of the best recievers in the district and if Rice gets them the ball, look for them to do something with it. Transfer Tyler Perkins has proven that his goal is to get to the quarterback every time the ball is snapped. Rose is a very talented running back that you dont want to let find open holes. The line has also improved alot from last season. Scotty Newsome and Jordan Lopez performs their jobs very well and gives Rice time to throw (which he did not have last season). Idk about everyone else but I see a whole different powell county football team then last year. Start giving them credit for it!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Powell has a very talented team this year. Rice has tremendously improved at quarterback since mike whitaker has taken over the job at powell co. David Crowe and Jared Barron are two of the best recievers in the district and if Rice gets them the ball, look for them to do something with it. Transfer Tyler Perkins has proven that his goal is to get to the quarterback every time the ball is snapped. Rose is a very talented running back that you dont want to let find open holes. The line has also improved alot from last season. Scotty Newsome and Jordan Lopez performs their jobs very well and gives Rice time to throw (which he did not have last season). Idk about everyone else but I see a whole different powell county football team then last year. Start giving them credit for it!

David Crowe hasnt done anything for this team except cause problems. He has a horrible attitude problem and doesn't go hard the whole time. Kinda seems like to me that he is out there for attention. I would not call him one of the best receivers in any category. Jared Barron is good. Billy Rice is good. Jesse Rose is this teams best player.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Sep 28, 07 Powell County @Powell
45 - 13 (W)
That was last year. At their place. Bath county still has 3 of the 4 biggest playmakers on offense. All of the defense plus Aaron Meadows. Albeit Coach Whitaker has done a tremendous job with the Pirates of Powell county but I do not believe that they have improved enough to beat Bath county this year. It will be closer but I'm taking the Wildcats by two touchdowns.

Bath county 30
Powell County 14

Don't look for it to be much of a game. I think Bath Co. has their best running back out.
walkon20 Wrote:David Crowe hasnt done anything for this team except cause problems. He has a horrible attitude problem and doesn't go hard the whole time. Kinda seems like to me that he is out there for attention. I would not call him one of the best receivers in any category. Jared Barron is good. Billy Rice is good. Jesse Rose is this teams best player.

What problems has he caused for Powell? I would know about the problems and he hasn't caused any. He has helped out this team alot and he is a great reciever. He lifts this team up and he does what he is supposed to do.
walkon20 Wrote:David Crowe hasnt done anything for this team except cause problems. He has a horrible attitude problem and doesn't go hard the whole time. Kinda seems like to me that he is out there for attention. I would not call him one of the best receivers in any category. Jared Barron is good. Billy Rice is good. Jesse Rose is this teams best player.

Crowe is powell's leading reciever. He has 14 catches for 280 yards. The kid is not just out there for the attention, he is out there because he loves the game of football and should be very respected for that. I know he gives it his all in everything he perfoms out on the field.
After watching Powell play Lewis I have to take Bath.
Bath Co. by a few TDs

No matter who they have in the backfield.

For Powell's sake, they better hope the Ashby kid is back, because the Metz kid will flat out run over you.

No disrespect to the Ashby kid at all - I would just hate to have to try and tackle Metz all night.
Oh Shucks Wrote:Bath Co. by a few TDs

For Powell's sake, they better hope the Ashby kid is back, because the Metz kid will flat out run over you.

No disrespect to the Ashby kid at all - I would just hate to have to try and tackle Metz all night.
This is "FOOTBALL"! You shouldn't hate to have to tackle anybody. That should be what you want. I want to face a bigger person to show I can take on a challenge. Respect All & Fear None!
powell in a close one
You had better pack your lunch blitz43! Wink
oh yea true down to the last word
Quote:
This is "FOOTBALL"! You shouldn't hate to have to tackle anybody. That should be what you want. I want to face a bigger person to show I can take on a challenge. Respect All & Fear None!
im goin with bath by 3 TDs
Bath. The Metz kid is a brute Powell had put 10 or 11 in the box against this kid. After this one is over Metz will have instilled some fear.
Oh Shucks Wrote:Bath Co. by a few TDs

Im sure ben benidict as just as hard of a runner if not harder then this Metz kid. Powell is not going to back down from any running back. I just cant wait till friday so they can prove that!
NIECE Wrote:Don't look for it to be much of a game. I think Bath Co. has their best running back out.
Powell gets second chance to prove themselves.
Powell has a chance but ill say Bath takes this one.
Pages: 1 2