Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KBA Showcase at Rupp Arena
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ticketmaster said there is 11 games being played on Friday, November 28. Here is the link to the tix.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/160041...m_homeA_h1

Anyone know who is playing? They usually are very selective in who they get for the event.

I heard Covington Holmes is in, but not definite.

Feel free to post lineup if you have it.
[quote=HollaBack]

[They usually are very selective in who they get for the event.

QUOTE]

Nope. I have seen good teams and bad in this preseason event. They are not selective at all.
2008 KBA Preseason High School Basketball Showcase at Rupp Arena
November 28, 2008
Schedule
8:30-Bluegrass United Christian vs. Christian Academy of Lawrenceburg
9:45-Deming vs. Lynn Camp
11:00- Buckhorn vs. Bethlehem
12:15- Whitley Co. vs. Cumberland Co.
1:30 Girls Middle School State Championship Final
3:00- Hancock Co. vs. Knox Central
4:15- Shelby Valley vs. Muhlenberg South
5:30- Western Hills vs. Trigg Co
6:45- East Jessamine vs. Larue Co.
8:00- South Laurel vs. Adair Co
9:15- West Jessamine vs. Jackson Co

Doesn't look very selective to me. The most exciting game will be the girls middle school state final at 1:30
The Adair- South Laurel game looks the best.
WOW! SV bailed out of the Fast Lane Classic for this?????????????? Maybe an overzealous SV fan can explain this one??
letthebighogroot Wrote:WOW! SV bailed out of the Fast Lane Classic for this?????????????? Maybe an overzealous SV fan can explain this one??
you seriously bash sv in almost every post you make, get a life.
letthebighogroot Wrote:WOW! SV bailed out of the Fast Lane Classic for this?????????????? Maybe an overzealous SV fan can explain this one??
I have to agree that this is not a very impressive day of hoops, especially for a long bus ride to play in an empty Rupp Arena the day after Thanksgiving. I am surprised that the Pike Co. administration bought this idea with gas so high.
rojas Wrote:2008 KBA Preseason High School Basketball Showcase at Rupp Arena
November 28, 2008
Schedule
8:30-Bluegrass United Christian vs. Christian Academy of Lawrenceburg
9:45-Deming vs. Lynn Camp
11:00- Buckhorn vs. Bethlehem
12:15- Whitley Co. vs. Cumberland Co.
1:30 Girls Middle School State Championship Final
3:00- Hancock Co. vs. Knox Central
4:15- Shelby Valley vs. Muhlenberg South
5:30- Western Hills vs. Trigg Co
6:45- East Jessamine vs. Larue Co.
8:00- South Laurel vs. Adair Co
9:15- West Jessamine vs. Jackson Co

Doesn't look very selective to me. The most exciting game will be the girls middle school state final at 1:30

No, it doesn't look very selective. South-Adair is best matchup.

What in the world is a girl's middle school state championship? Do they have this aligned with 16 regions?
All I have to say is Scott County, Elliott County, Madisonville - North Hopkins, Dupont Manual, Perry Central. Knott County, Mason County, Paul Dunbar and Lexington Christian Girls. All those will be at the Fast Lane Classic so which one is more impressive.:letsparty
Jed Clampett Wrote:All I have to say is Scott County, Elliott County, Madisonville - North Hopkins, Dupont Manual, Perry Central. Knott County, Mason County, Paul Dunbar and Lexington Christian Girls. All those will be at the Fast Lane Classic so which one is more impressive.:letsparty

You got that right.............Who is gonna foot the rent bill on Rupp for these games??????????? I mean really, do they expect more than 75-100 to show up for any of these games?????? They could have played them all at a local Elementary School.
504 boy Wrote:you seriously bash sv in almost every post you make, get a life.

I have a life......I just think that you SV fans go WAY OVERBOARD!!!!!! On your assesments of SV"S team. Tell you what.......If you want to put your money where your mouth is.............PM me. After the Sweet Sixteen is drawn, we can negotiate on your "state title contenders", interested?????
Looking at it from the players eyes, would you rather play in Shelden Clark or Rupp Arena? That could have a little to do with it. Also, I am sure that teams were not told who all was going to be in what showcase.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Looking at it from the players eyes, would you rather play in Shelden Clark or Rupp Arena? That could have a little to do with it. Also, I am sure that teams were not told who all was going to be in what showcase.

Well, if your boys don't get a chance in Rupp come March............They don't need to be playing there at any time during the year! If they don't walk through the 15th, all of them......coach included, need to hang it up! Hate on me all you want.........SV is better than what they signed up for! Would have been a dandy addition to the Fast Lane Classic!
letthebighogroot Wrote:I have a life......I just think that you SV fans go WAY OVERBOARD!!!!!! On your assesments of SV"S team. Tell you what.......If you want to put your money where your mouth is.............PM me. After the Sweet Sixteen is drawn, we can negotiate on your "state title contenders", interested?????
ok, i am hardy ever post on here and i dont think ive ever said anything about shelby valley winning state, but better yet find a post where i have even bragged about sv, i bet you cant
its completely obvious that you have something against valley and i think anyone on this site would agree
and please tell me, what great team do u cheer or play for?
504 boy Wrote:you seriously bash sv in almost every post you make, get a life.

letthebighogroot Wrote:I have a life......I just think that you SV fans go WAY OVERBOARD!!!!!! On your assesments of SV"S team. Tell you what.......If you want to put your money where your mouth is.............PM me. After the Sweet Sixteen is drawn, we can negotiate on your "state title contenders", interested?????

Show me where 504 boy said ANYTHING remotely close to calling Shelby Valley a "state title contender". The person I see using that phrase most of the time is you, in an obvious attempt at sarcasm.

99% of all Shelby Valley fans think they have a good team, are the favorites to win the region, and have a chance to win a game or two at state depending on the draw. They ARE NOT making plans for a state championship parade down U.S. 23.
Fair enough, I checked it, and I apologize to 504 boy. I wrongly accused you. As for me hating on Valley, It gets old don't it???? Same as all these Valley fans on here bragging and talking them up big time. I just give what I get.
I personally have never been a fan of this event. I am a little old school and would like the only teams playing on the Rupp floor to be those that MADE it there the old fashion way by earning it.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Fair enough, I checked it, and I apologize to 504 boy. I wrongly accused you. As for me hating on Valley, It gets old don't it???? Same as all these Valley fans on here bragging and talking them up big time. I just give what I get.

I can understand what you are saying, but again, I think you overstate the problem. I see very few SV fans overhyping their own team as state contenders and such. But it seems that no matter what the thread topic, you find some way to bring Shelby Valley into the discussion.

Case in point...
- "Surprise Teams" thread = One might think that the thread would be to discuss teams that could catch everyone by surprise, teams flying under the radar. But before anyone else had mentioned anything about Valley, you had to say that it would be a surprise when SV didn't make noise down at state.

- "Biggest Upsets" thread = I expected this would be a thread for people to recall specific games where some team pulled off a big shocker to beat a favored team. Instead, before SV was ever mentioned, you sarcastically post that every in-state loss they have suffered recently is an upset.

- "Fast Lane" thread = You weren't the first to mention SV in this thread, as another member had already made a sarcastic comment about them being the favorite. You took it one step further, though, by comparing them to a powerhouse college team. Again, no SV fans had posted anything up to that point.

Maybe in the past, there were more examples of overzealous SV fans on here. These days, I just don't see it. You said you give what you get, well, I don't think you're getting all that much on BGR.

I actually do think you probably have a good base of high school basketball knowledge, and I would love to discuss the topics at hand without it degenerating into a "take shots at Shelby Valley" kind of thing. Cool?
More Cowbell Wrote:I can understand what you are saying, but again, I think you overstate the problem. I see very few SV fans overhyping their own team as state contenders and such. But it seems that no matter what the thread topic, you find some way to bring Shelby Valley into the discussion.

Case in point...
- "Surprise Teams" thread = One might think that the thread would be to discuss teams that could catch everyone by surprise, teams flying under the radar. But before anyone else had mentioned anything about Valley, you had to say that it would be a surprise when SV didn't make noise down at state.

- "Biggest Upsets" thread = I expected this would be a thread for people to recall specific games where some team pulled off a big shocker to beat a favored team. Instead, before SV was ever mentioned, you sarcastically post that every in-state loss they have suffered recently is an upset.

- "Fast Lane" thread = You weren't the first to mention SV in this thread, as another member had already made a sarcastic comment about them being the favorite. You took it one step further, though, by comparing them to a powerhouse college team. Again, no SV fans had posted anything up to that point.

Maybe in the past, there were more examples of overzealous SV fans on here. These days, I just don't see it. You said you give what you get, well, I don't think you're getting all that much on BGR.

I actually do think you probably have a good base of high school basketball knowledge, and I would love to discuss the topics at hand without it degenerating into a "take shots at Shelby Valley" kind of thing. Cool?

1, 2, and 3 strikes. Letthebighogroot is out again at the plate. He is now batting an average of .000 on the "reasons why Elliot county is better than Shelby Valley" list.
Get this back on topic. It's not about discussing members here. Take that to PMs if you feel the need.
SpyDa Wrote:I personally have never been a fan of this event. I am a little old school and would like the only teams playing on the Rupp floor to be those that MADE it there the old fashion way by earning it.

I would have to disagree. I think this is a great thing for schools, who basically have no chance at ever playing on the floor at Rupp Arena. Most schools, especially mountain schools,do not have an equal opportunity to "earn it." Whether it be because they don't have enough students or because they don't have the available "resources" to get kids from outside their school to come play.

Believe it or not, all schools do not have the same chance to make it to Rupp. With all of the consolidation within some school districts and the flat out illegal recruiting by others, many, many teams have no shot whatsoever at getting to go to Rupp in March, so why not let them have the opportunity in November?
Elliott is better than SV.

How team get a invite to this?
PC_You_Know Wrote:1, 2, and 3 strikes. Letthebighogroot is out again at the plate. He is now batting an average of .000 on the "reasons why Elliot county is better than Shelby Valley" list.

Lets refer back to strike one............Elliott over Valley in the Sweet Sixteen!!! Elliott beat Valley head to head, now............Lets hear you tell me why Valley is better. I will be waiting...................
Great opportunity for these teams to play on the "big floor". I think not having this event last year hurt their chances of getting the top tier team to participate this year. I think each school had to purchase a certain number of tickets to participate.

I'll guarantee that KBA is not loosing money on this deal.

Good luck to all the teams involved!:Thumbs:
[quote=goodguy] I think not having this event last year hurt their chances of getting the top tier team to participate this year. I think each school had to purchase a certain number of tickets to participate.

QUOTE]

Its always been any team that would purchase the quota of tickets could get in.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Lets refer back to strike one............Elliott over Valley in the Sweet Sixteen!!! Elliott beat Valley head to head, now............Lets hear you tell me why Valley is better. I will be waiting...................
How could Elliott have beaten Valley when the first day of official practice hasnt happened yet? Oh wait, you mean last year..... Do you always live in the past?
Warlock Wrote:How could Elliott have beaten Valley when the first day of official practice hasnt happened yet? Oh wait, you mean last year..... Do you always live in the past?

Uh....No. I ALWAYS live in the present. I just figure since Valley has lost more players than Elliott since that last meeting, the result would be about the same.....And just for the record, they didn't play last year......................Who is it living in the past?????????????????????? Get your facts straight and come back. Good luck to SV in the KBA.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Uh....No. I ALWAYS live in the present. I just figure since Valley has lost more players than Elliott since that last meeting, the result would be about the same.....And just for the record, they didn't play last year......................Who is it living in the past?????????????????????? Get your facts straight and come back. Good luck to SV in the KBA.
I dont live in the past. I didnt know if they played last season or not. But talking about a win from two years ago makes living in the past even worse. How could SV have lost more players, didnt EC graduate any players in the last two years?

My team went to state last year. Won a game. How did your team do? But because your team won a game two years ago, that makes them better now?
PC_You_Know Wrote:1, 2, and 3 strikes. Letthebighogroot is out again at the plate. He is now batting an average of .000 on the "reasons why Elliot county is better than Shelby Valley" list.

PC, my post did not say anything about who was better between Elliott and SV. Go back and re-read the post, it was about something completely different.

Now, if you want to argue about which team is better, I think he is going to win any such argument by virtue of Elliott's head-to-head win 2 years ago, although each team should be improved since then. I think it would be a great game, and I hope it would be closer than the last time they played.

Now, can we keep this discussion strictly about the KBA Classic and the matchups involved with it?