Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 42 - Allen Central 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Was a great game at first, Allen Central got the ball in the second half and scored. That tied the game at 14, then Ac had some injuries and it went downhill from there. Paintsville has great athletes at every skill position, just too much speed for the rebels. I would also like to add that Hunter Crowder is a haus cat!
Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Tigers!! Great game and great win!!

AC's Crowder is a tough back to bring down, but beyond that the Rebels have little to throw at the defense. The Tigers played well, the score could've been worse if not for all the penalties. I've never seen so many penalties called in a game in a long time. Some may have been deserved but it is hard to believe all could've been. I know the Tigers had 3-4 TD's called back?? Anyway, they got the win despite the calls and are set up good for a district title!
gish_7 Wrote:Was a great game at first, Allen Central got the ball in the second half and scored. That tied the game at 14, then Ac had some injuries and it went downhill from there. Paintsville has great athletes at every skill position, just too much speed for the rebels. I would also like to add that Hunter Crowder is a haus cat!
I was just about to ask what happened, when I was listening to the game it sounded like AC had the momentum and the score was tied then I read on here an paintsville put up 28 unanswered. Was kind of wanting to see Allen Central pull of the upset but I still believe this could be one of the best teams in their history and will be a tough opponent in the playoff pending they make it that far. I as for Hunter Crowder I truley think he and his brother are to of the premire players in eastern Kentucky. I think you could put them on anyteam in the state and they would stand out. They are somwhat overlooked because they play at Allen Central but to me talent is talent.
gish_7 Wrote:Was a great game at first, Allen Central got the ball in the second half and scored. That tied the game at 14, then Ac had some injuries and it went downhill from there. Paintsville has great athletes at every skill position, just too much speed for the rebels. I would also like to add that Hunter Crowder is a haus cat!
What number was he, 34?

Paintsville runs opening kick-off back for a TD, gets called back, first play from scrimmage, another TD, another flag and called back. The Tigers had 4 TDs erased by penalties, and 2 were completely bogus. AC has a good team, just ran out of gas after 3 quarters.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Deaton got really mad, but I can't blame him he had a great run for a touchdown called back. They're 3-1 and on pace to go 7-3. Great start for Kinner and the Tigers.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I was just about to ask what happened, when I was listening to the game it sounded like AC had the momentum and the score was tied then I read on here an paintsville put up 28 unanswered. Was kind of wanting to see Allen Central pull of the upset but I still believe this could be one of the best teams in their history and will be a tough opponent in the playoff pending they make it that far. I as for Hunter Crowder I truley think he and his brother are to of the premire players in eastern Kentucky. I think you could put them on anyteam in the state and they would stand out. They are somwhat overlooked because they play at Allen Central but to me talent is talent.
Sorry about the spelling errors. If someone would please correct those for me it would be appreciated. I'll check before I post the next time.....Thanks.
EKY Sportster Wrote:Congrats Tigers!! Great game and great win!!

AC's Crowder is a tough back to bring down, but beyond that the Rebels have little to throw at the defense. The Tigers played well, the score could've been worse if not for all the penalties. I've never seen so many penalties called in a game in a long time. Some may have been deserved but it is hard to believe all could've been. I know the Tigers had 3-4 TD's called back?? Anyway, they got the win despite the calls and are set up good for a district title!

Amen! I thought Coach K was gonna stoke on a couple of em.. Congrats Tigers over a much improved AC team.
BasketballGuy Wrote:Deaton got really mad, but I can't blame him he had a great run for a touchdown called back. They're 3-1 and on pace to go 7-3. Great start for Kinner and the Tigers.

What teams do you think the Tigers will beat? Congrats to the Tigers on the victory though.
Good win Paintsville.
Good win Paintsville.
I really expected a win from AC tonight. Caught the game on delayed at the 3rd. Seems it always happens, once you get down a couple TD's the team gives. Not just for AC but all teams. I think that is because the staff does not put enough fire under their behinds in the week leading up to the game.
The Guru Wrote:What number was he, 34?

Paintsville runs opening kick-off back for a TD, gets called back, first play from scrimmage, another TD, another flag and called back. The Tigers had 4 TDs erased by penalties, and 2 were completely bogus. AC has a good team, just ran out of gas after 3 quarters.
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
Yeah Hunter is #34 and is brother Logan is #30, Logan didn't seem like he was 100% tonight. He was limping way eairly in the game.
gish_7 Wrote:Yeah Hunter is #34 and is brother Logan is #30, Logan didn't seem like he was 100% tonight. He was limping way eairly in the game.

Logan was still nursing a thigh injury suffered during the Phelps game last week. He made a huge tackle on the kick-off and came off the field limping last week. I assume he took a helmet to the thigh.
BasketballGuy Wrote:Deaton got really mad, but I can't blame him he had a great run for a touchdown called back. They're 3-1 and on pace to go 7-3. Great start for Kinner and the Tigers.

Don't you mean 9-1? Yes, I know they have some very tough teams ahead. But, don't count the losses untill they happen.
Just my way of being on the upside of things. Wink

Congrats Tigers!

Oh, by the way. Just a little advice for a few people out there. TUMS will help the heart burn. Seeing that quite a few people had to eats some crow last night. lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Don't you mean 9-1? Yes, I know they have some very tough teams ahead. But, don't count the losses untill they happen.
Just my way of being on the upside of things. Wink

Congrats Tigers!

Oh, by the way. Just a little advice for a few people out there. TUMS will help the heart burn. Seeing that quite a few people had to eats some crow last night. lol

Smile Good one! Can't figure why anyone would think AC would have won this one. The yellow flags are all that kept it close through the first half and part of the third.

AC is a good team though. They just aren't at the level of Paintsville this year. I see them around 3rd in the district. Good luck with the rest of the schedule.
Nice Job Tigers... I loved the way you all refused to let the opening kickoff return TD (recalled) or the next plays TD run from scrimmage (also recalled) get you down early! Also... I saw some big guys smiling, cheering and having some fun tonight! It was such a nice atmosphere... all that BLUE & WHITE in the bleachers & around the field! What about all those great Little Tigers being introduced @ halftime & Paintsville finally having a Coach who infuses enthusiasm in his team!?! SHEW... Way to BRING IT BACK!!! Can't wait for next Friday Night!!!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Nice Job Tigers... I loved the way you all refused to let the opening kickoff return TD (recalled) or the next plays TD run from scrimmage (also recalled) get you down early! Also... I saw some big guys smiling, cheering and having some fun tonight! It was such a nice atmosphere... all that BLUE & WHITE in the bleachers & around the field! What about all those great Little Tigers being introduced @ halftime & Paintsville finally having a Coach who infuses enthusiasm in his team!?! SHEW... Way to BRING IT BACK!!! Can't wait for next Friday Night!!!

:thumpsup:
Say what you want, but I figured AC would come out on top of this one. Both teams are playing really great this year. Its a toss up for 1 spot in the district i belive. Between AC and both Pvilles.
I understand that Allen Central is having their best start ever, and they are not a bad football team, really. BUT, to say that they still are a contender for the #1 seed in the district, AFTER being beat by 4 TD's, I'm gonna find that very hard to happen.
Pupaw Wrote:I understand that Allen Central is having their best start ever, and they are not a bad football team, really. BUT, to say that they still are a contender for the #1 seed in the district, AFTER being beat by 4 TD's, I'm gonna find that very hard to happen.
AC did get beat by 4 TD's. But 2 of those came in the last minutes of the game with a number of AC's defensive starters on the side line. Also-this was a 21-14 game going into the 4th quarter. AC lost this game in the 4th quarter- they simply ran out of steam.
I am forgetting... exactly how many touchdowns were called back... was it 2, 3, or 4? I realize this is probably "out there"... but psychologically... that many TD's... counted or not... can take a toll. I can see where this would be an excellant point to debate... but....
This one's over... we've all been rather nice and complimentary of one another... now let's focus on next week's opponent! GO BIG BLUE!!!
They only reason AC stayed in the game as long as they did was beacuse of the bull **** calls!! Even at home Paintsville still gets the shaft. But im proud of the team for not letting your 4!!! TD's that got called back to slow you down.
congrats Tigers!!!
Congrats, Tigars! Their quarterback (#9 I think), is a great athlete!! The way they mix up the pass and run, and run the spread, makes it difficult for defenses (especially AC). So congrats again. They have a solid team.

AC missed opportunity after opportunity. How do you not score from the 1 yard line with 1 timeout and 30 seconds left? You are only down 7 entering the 4th quarter! The defense was soft! They tried to arm tackle the entire night! Yes, Paintsville's speed and athleticism was a factor, but AC, you've got to show some heart. This team has the potential to be good, but like someone said last night at the game, they have to many individuals on this TEAM, and those individuals have attitudes that not many other coaches would stand for!! If I had a player talk to me the way a few players were yelling at Coach Hall last night, there is no way I would have them on my team, no matter who they are!

Again, congrats Tigers! Well deserved victory!
Warriors23RJ Wrote:I was just about to ask what happened, when I was listening to the game it sounded like AC had the momentum and the score was tied then I read on here an paintsville put up 28 unanswered. Was kind of wanting to see Allen Central pull of the upset but I still believe this could be one of the best teams in their history and will be a tough opponent in the playoff pending they make it that far. I as for Hunter Crowder I truley think he and his brother are to of the premire players in eastern Kentucky. I think you could put them on anyteam in the state and they would stand out. They are somwhat overlooked because they play at Allen Central but to me talent is talent.
There is no question about it. Not only in football, but they both also play basketball and baseball. However, both have attitudes, and by no means am I bashing them, because I have been a teammate of theirs in the past. It may just be me, I don't know, but I don't care how good you are, if you have an attitude, I'm not interested!
Congrats Paintsville
The Tigers came up with this big district win over the Rebels
StrikeoutKing Wrote:There is no question about it. Not only in football, but they both also play basketball and baseball. However, both have attitudes, and by no means am I bashing them, because I have been a teammate of theirs in the past. It may just be me, I don't know, but I don't care how good you are, if you have an attitude, I'm not interested!

I agree....I wittnessed it first hand last night and no way can anyone say it didn't happen or that it was a misunderstanding. One kid showed as much disrespect for a coach than I have ever seen. What he said should have him off the team....but I doubt if it will. A good athlete, but with the attitude he has.....ACHS will be his last place as a player in anything. And that will truly be a waste of talent.
Pages: 1 2