Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Coach NOT In The Mountians?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's your pick?

Ivan McGlone:rockon: is my choice.
The coach is only as good as his staff is. When you surround yourself with people you can trust then you can mold a team to become something that is great. IMO, one man shouldn't get all the credit. But as school traditions go, and we look around the area we recognize several schools that have great traditions. A teams record gives us an idea which coaching staff is better. "Reputation, is only what we think of someone, but someones charachter is who they really are." We only judge champions and give those who coached them that credit. Alot of talent has come from this area and didn't have a coaching staff who could coach. But sometimes luck has something to do with it. I always say I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD anyday! So, if you hang around long enough, say 20 - 30 years you may get LUCKY and win a few titles. And be called the best coach in your area. I would rather be asked which School has the best tradition when it comes to football and give the TEAM that credit. Russell's team has that tradition in my opinion. Ivan Mcglone, has surrounded himself with many people over the years. Some who we will never forget and some we would like forget! But as far as coaching goes, he has kept the fundamentals of football around and not weaken the sport to the new styles. (Tony Franklin, etc..) He and his staff continue to teach straight forward football and prove it still works! So Russell's coaching staff gets my vote.
From Louisville area

Ty Scroggins Louisville Central, won championship in first year at school. Has real good team this year.

LaKunta Farmer Doss, young coach in first head coaching job(2nd year). Doing well with the Dragons. Might surprise some in the playoffs. In John Hardins district. Probably not as talented as JH but should be a good game.
jgrubby Wrote:The coach is only as good as his staff is. When you surround yourself with people you can trust then you can mold a team to become something that is great. IMO, one man shouldn't get all the credit. But as school traditions go, and we look around the area we recognize several schools that have great traditions. A teams record gives us an idea which coaching staff is better. "Reputation, is only what we think of someone, but someones charachter is who they really are." We only judge champions and give those who coached them that credit. Alot of talent has come from this area and didn't have a coaching staff who could coach. But sometimes luck has something to do with it. I always say I would rather be LUCKY than GOOD anyday! So, if you hang around long enough, say 20 - 30 years you may get LUCKY and win a few titles. And be called the best coach in your area. I would rather be asked which School has the best tradition when it comes to football and give the TEAM that credit. Russell's team has that tradition in my opinion. Ivan Mcglone, has surrounded himself with many people over the years. Some who we will never forget and some we would like forget! But as far as coaching goes, he has kept the fundamentals of football around and not weaken the sport to the new styles. (Tony Franklin, etc..) He and his staff continue to teach straight forward football and prove it still works! So Russell's coaching staff gets my vote.

I couldn't agree more. However that coach must be good enough to know what people can do the job and who can not. The way it seems to work the head coach gets to much credit when things go right and to much blame when things go wrong.

Coach Ivan has been winning games for a long time now,I think it would be safe to say he hasn't had the same staff all along. I am not trying to be critical of the staff in any manner the whole football program is a winner.