Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rick Bolus rates JBS's Garrison Collins 8th best Senior in KY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

1. Jon Hood, Madisonville
  2. Jacob Jenkins, Manual
  3. C.J. Penny, Anderson County
  4. Vee Sanford, Lexington Catholic
  5. Wesley Cox, Ballard
  6. Richie Phares, Scott County
  7. Greg Johnson, North Hardin
  8. Garrison Collins, June Buchanan
  9. Darren Ballou, Adair County
  10. Leonard Macon, Taylor County
  11. Andrew Donovan, Franklin County
  12. Chase Cox, Taylor County
Top sleeper: Jordan Reves, Jeffersontown
Second 12 seniors:
  1. Ethan Faulkner, Elliott County
  2. Jonathan Ferguson, Elliott County
  3. James D. Strange, Pineville
  4. LaRod King, North Hardin
  5. Chuck Jones, Madisonville
  6. Phillip Hayes, Allen County-Scottsville
  7. Russ Middleton, Mason County
  8. Evan Faulkner, Elliott County
  9. Dayvon Sloan, Waggener
  10. Montell Morones, Bryan Station
  11. Eric Dunlap, Oldham County
  12. Nick Hudson, Paul Dunbar
  13. Top sleeper: Mike Satterwhite, Western Hills

Source:
http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2008/09/...-kentucky/
Underclassmen:

1. Aaron Cosby, Jeffersontown (Jr.)
  2. Chad Jackson, Scott County (Jr.)
  3. Dakotah Euton, Scott County (Jr.)
  4. Vinny Zollo, Clark County (So.)
  5. Tony Kimbro, Manual (So.)
  6. Shaquille Wilson, Christian County (Jr.)
Top sleeper: Donovan Gibbs, Iroquois (Jr.)

Note:
Justice & Hatfield-SV, Watts-McCreary Central and Cox-KCC were not listed
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Note:

Which probably means Bolus hasn't gotten the chance to watch and evaluate them yet. He doesn't rank players he doesn't see, much like any scout or scouting service.

Though, top 6 would be a stretch for any of those players.
Hood, Jacobs, Kimbro, Phares, Jackson, Euton, Middleton, the two Faulkners, Ferguson and Hudson will all be appearing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 29 at Sheldon Clark High School.:letsparty
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Underclassmen:

1. Aaron Cosby, Jeffersontown (Jr.)
  2. Chad Jackson, Scott County (Jr.)
  3. Dakotah Euton, Scott County (Jr.)
  4. Vinny Zollo, Clark County (So.)
  5. Tony Kimbro, Manual (So.)
  6. Shaquille Wilson, Christian County (Jr.)
Top sleeper: Donovan Gibbs, Iroquois (Jr.)

Note:
and they are not seniors either....
Garrison Collins were they get that from. I watch JBS 5 games last season. The only other player they had is that 6' something boy. If that is him he is not the 8 best SR. in the state. I seen alot more better player then he is in the state.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Hood, Jacobs, Kimbro, Phares, Jackson, Euton, Middleton, the two Faulkners, Ferguson and Hudson will all be appearing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 29 at Sheldon Clark High School.:letsparty

And I for one cannot wait, Have already told the boss, that I'm missing a time and a half day to watch basketball......
There is no way Collins is the 8th best senior in the state. He is decent but for his size he should be absolutely dominating and he doesnt do it. Ive seen much better players than him.
No way is he #8 in the state. I've seen way more talented seniors then him and i know this from first hand experience with playing against him!
Bolus rates on Potential which is why I believe he has Collins at #8. He's not the best basketball player but he has size and you can't teach size although I really can't see why he's ahead of Ballou. My top 10 would look like this(I did sample his ratings, and i'm only putting the players I've seen)

1.Jon Hood/MNH
2.Vee Sanford/LexCath
3.Jonathon Fergason/Elliott
4.Jacob Jenkins/Manual
5.Dayvon Slone/Waggner(Looked great at Pike Central Last season)
6.Jordan Hickman/Bardstown(Not even on the bolus ratings)
7.Darrin Ballou/Adair
8.Ethan Falkner/Elliott
9.Evan Falkner/Elliott
10.Richie Phares/Scott
Sleeper:
Trent Maddox/Gallatin(As good as anyone in the All-A last season)

Probabily not the most accurate ratings but I'm only going by who I saw play last season.
Yep. Jenkins 4th behind Ferguson and Sanford whom neither have offers. Jenkins has 7 D1 offers and recently took an "official" visit to Tennessee with the staff set to come to his school this week before the power outage.

Jenkins actually was the top performer against the Kentucky's top seniors in the two allstar games. No one for the Indiana Allstars had the success Jenkins had against KY seniors. Averaging 21 points in 20 minutes per game while hitting 75% from the floor and 67% from threes, Jenkins led the juniors in scoring and rebounding and 2nd in assists. Ferguson had 2 or 3 field goals in two games combined. Sanford fared better the 2nd game but not at the level of Hood and Jenkins.

It should be...

Hood
Jenkins
Phares
G. Johnson
Sanford
BUHoops Wrote:Yep. Jenkins 4th behind Ferguson and Sanford whom neither have offers. Jenkins has 7 D1 offers and recently took an "official" visit to Tennessee with the staff set to come to his school this week before the power outage.

Jenkins actually was the top performer against the Kentucky's top seniors in the two allstar games. No one for the Indiana Allstars had the success Jenkins had against KY seniors. Averaging 21 points in 20 minutes per game while hitting 75% from the floor and 67% from threes, Jenkins led the juniors in scoring and rebounding and 2nd in assists. Ferguson had 2 or 3 field goals in two games combined. Sanford fared better the 2nd game but not at the level of Hood and Jenkins.

It should be...

Hood
Jenkins
Phares
G. Johnson
Sanford

Can you name Jenkins' offers? Because I can name Ferguson's.... I'm not really calling you out. IMO Jenkins is better than Ferguson. But to say Ferguson has no offers is absurd! Perhaps their two teams will square off at Sheldon Clark in Nov. and we can get a heads up comparison.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Can you name Jenkins' offers? Because I can name Ferguson's.... I'm not really calling you out. IMO Jenkins is better than Ferguson. But to say Ferguson has no offers is absurd! Perhaps their two teams will square off at Sheldon Clark in Nov. and we can get a heads up comparison.

Wisconsin, Dayton, Evansville, Va Tech, Butler, are a few that I know of. Iowa and Murray State are two more I believe. It is 7 or more and UT has one more scholly left and that looks promising to boot, but don't mean nothing until its made.

I figured playing on the same team with the KY junior allstars and competing against the same comp WAS a good chance to get a comp between them.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Can you name Jenkins' offers? Because I can name Ferguson's.... But to say Ferguson has no offers is absurd!

Let's hear them...
I think Garrison has more up-side than any player in the moutains. He has something all these small guards everyone raves about don't have......SIZE
If he played the last 3 years anywhere else D1 schools would be knocking down his door.
Collins is a nice player, but I don't know if he should be ranked that high.
Second 12 seniors:

Ethan Faulkner, Elliott County
Jonathan Ferguson, Elliott County
James D. Strange, Pineville
LaRod King, North Hardin
Chuck Jones, Madisonville
Phillip Hayes, Allen County-Scottsville
Russ Middleton, Mason County
Evan Faulkner, Elliott County
Dayvon Sloan, Waggener
Montell Morones, Bryan Station
Eric Dunlap, Oldham County
Nick Hudson, Paul Dunbar

Oh boy when those Elliott County boys see this list and none of them are in the top 12 they are going to have something to prove. Look out 16 th region.Sad
ttt
kybaseball Wrote:Oh boy when those Elliott County boys see this list and none of them are in the top 12 they are going to have something to prove. Look out 16 th region.Sad

Exactly. Look 16th region where there are no top 40 teams except EC. A perfect region for them to pillage. Let's see them try to the same against top 20 teams or the 11th and 7th region. Still hoping they get their first win against top 20 teams in two years.
BUHoops Wrote:Exactly. Look 16th region where there are no top 40 teams except EC. A perfect region for them to pillage. Let's see them try to the same against top 20 teams or the 11th and 7th region. Still hoping they get their first win against top 20 teams in two years.

I don't know about all that, I do know the 16th will more than likley pay.
I dont think he would be in the Top 100. He could have been in the Top 10 if he went to a different school.
[quote=Junk Yard Dog]Collins is a nice player, but I don't know if he should be ranked that high.[/quote

Totally agree !! He's just OK not the #8 senior player in the state!!
Does he rank players by the way they play in his camp over the summer or how does he come up with his ranking system?
Nov. 29th is marked in my calendar.
Why?
He dont even watch High School ball, Jody Demlin is the one that is big on High school sports.
I'm sorry but I don't believe he is quite that good.
Rick Bolus rates those that pay to go to his summer blue chip camp and have a good showing or those who play locally around Louisville. It is hard for him to get around the state and see everyone.
Bolus rates anyone who puts money in his pocket. Garrison is a great kid and a solid post player, but I don't even think he is a top 8 senior in the 14th region, let alone the state. Had he been handled properly for his high school career, things would have turned out differently. In saying this, I hope he proves me wrong and goes out and has a tremendous Senior season, then signs with UK, goes on and plays pro ball and makes millions of dollars.
BUHoops Wrote:Exactly. Look 16th region where there are no top 40 teams except EC. A perfect region for them to pillage. Let's see them try to the same against top 20 teams or the 11th and 7th region. Still hoping they get their first win against top 20 teams in two years.

You Mister, need to look again. East Carter will be a top 20 team in the state before the year is out, and could very well win the 16th! This comes from an Elliott fan. How many teams can you name that have 6' 7', 6' 7', and 6' 5' on their front line????
Pages: 1 2