Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Palestine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
Let Israel off the leash.
The Temple and the Dome of the Rock (Islamic holy site) stand very close to each other. That is an interesting tableau of a very complex history and region. In a perfect world, Palestine would be an independent state with a fair parcel of the land. Israel would stand free of terroristic attack at the hands of radicals who deny their right to exist. Jerusalem would be a shared city, a place of peace where each person was granted dignity and freedom of conscience to exercise their faith as they choose.
In a perfect world your solution would work. However extremeists on both sides won't allow that. Israel will never be safe from terrorist attack as long as they are there. That's the truth. So Israeli extremists are going to continually preempt these attacks, which they should. I say we are allies with Israel. They are their own country, let them do as they see is fit. If the other Arab countries are so concerned over the plight of the Palestinians they would offer them homes in their country.
Beetle01 Wrote:In a perfect world your solution would work. However extremeists on both sides won't allow that. Israel will never be safe from terrorist attack as long as they are there. That's the truth. So Israeli extremists are going to continually preempt these attacks, which they should. I say we are allies with Israel. They are their own country, let them do as they see is fit. If the other Arab countries are so concerned over the plight of the Palestinians they would offer them homes in their country.

True enough...I think I remember this right: didn't an Israeli extremist, opposed to peace and land exchange with Palestine, assassinate Israe's leader (Sharon maybe?) I think our relationship with Israel should be strong, as they are a stable force in an unstable region. However, I don't think that whatever Israel does is ok. Some of the stuff they've pulled violates all kinds of international standards of justice... the United Nations Charter on Human Rights. When "diplomacy" means ignoring obvious injustice, what is "diplomacy"? "A people find they can't take anymore, so they pick up a gun or a brick or a stone."
We should take all the Israelis and move them to West Virginia, and send all the West Virginians to Israel.
lawrencefan Wrote:We should take all the Israelis and move them to West Virginia, and send all the West Virginians to Israel.
If your suggesting that West Virginians are tougher than the Israelis you need to read some history books.
Not to mention WV is the dumbest state in the union.
DevilsWin Wrote:If your suggesting that West Virginians are tougher than the Israelis you need to read some history books.
Not to mention WV is the dumbest state in the union.

It's a joke, son. I do agree with the second part of your reply.
lawrencefan Wrote:It's a joke, son. I do agree with the second part of your reply.
Who you callin' Son , Boy?Big Grin
[quote=DevilsWin]Who you callin' Son , Boy?Big Grin[/QUOT

You
lawrencefan Wrote:[quote=DevilsWin]Who you callin' Son , Boy?Big Grin[/QUOT

You
:eek:
Name calling is against the BGR Rules.