Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 35 - Bryan Station 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!
Final
Must have been a good 'en..
I figured this one would be pretty close.
good win johnson central.
Was a very good game but imo shouldnt have been that close........JC played like middle schoolers.....7 fumbles that i counted, lost 1 of them......Didnt wrap up on tackles for 3 qtrs......prolly about 25 to 30 missed tackles because they wanted to load up and hit someone hard instead of just making the tackle.....the cornette kid for bryan station ran into a pile at the line of scrimmage and tried to bounce to one side was hit at least 3 times in the backfield but broke away for a 46 yard td run that bs up 31-27.........BS is very quick and good dont get me wrong......Their average starting field position was in JC territory.........But good game by both teams had me worried, but ill tell ya one thing J.J. Jude is a ball player......Congrats JC on the win.....hope these 2 meet again later!!!!!!
GREAT WIN to build off of, thought JC showed alot of fight to pull out a tough win against a VERY talented Bryan Station team. JC didn't play their best on either side of ball but made the big plays when their backs were against the wall!
Bryan Station has improved tremendously over last year, they are big and fast. The running back No. 3 for BS is a player I believe he had 196 yards on 26 carries. JC hung in there and didn't get down when they were behind.

I hated to hear about Dennis Dillon being out for the rest of the year, he's a very good player on both sides of the ball.
WOW! that all i can say! haha I wish i could've made it to the game. Having to listen to it on the radio had me tore up. The game was back and forth all night and then Nathan Dillion and Chase Richardson both being out for a while w/ cramps, just about push me over the edge. LOL I've got to hand it to the younger players for stepping up and keeping JC in the ball game. Congrats to the Eagles on a tough win!
Might be the most impressive win of the night, BS is much improved from last year and I actually expected them to pull this out. Glad I was wrong, I wish JC the best of luck, hope to see you in Louisville.
Let me be the first to say that Bryan Station is Big and fast. This team will win a lot of games this year. Central had to start JK hall at the Q back spot. Tonight was a tough game in witch there was some mistakes made but trust me, he will not be a weakness in this offense this year, but will be come a strength as the season roll's on and he gets more snaps. JK hall is just a sophomore, and has a bright future ahead of him at JCHS. JJ Jude was a monster tonight, he was every where. You want to know who is the best freshmen this year JJ JUDE!
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Let me be the first to say that Bryan Station is Big and fast. This team will win a lot of games this year. Central had to start JK hall at the Q back spot. Tonight was a tough game in witch there was some mistakes made but trust me, he will not be a weakness in this offense this year, but will be come a strength as the season roll's on and he gets more snaps. JK hall is just a sophomore, and has a bright future ahead of him at JCHS. JJ Jude was a monster tonight, he was every where. You want to know who is the best freshmen this year JJ JUDE!

I agree. Both have tremendous upsides. This Johnson Central team, in my opinion , is as talented if not maybe alittle more than the 2006 team. But they have yet to put a game together that shows it. Bryan Station is a quality opponent but if JC carries out the fundementals this game isnt as close. To many missed tackles due to not wrapping up and instead looking for the big hit. I also think this team lacks a true leader. This team has alot of potential, but right now I dont think they are using it all.
good win EAGLES....keep up the good (hard) work
Kayaker Wrote:I agree. Both have tremendous upsides. This Johnson Central team, in my opinion , is as talented if not maybe alittle more than the 2006 team. But they have yet to put a game together that shows it. Bryan Station is a quality opponent but if JC carries out the fundementals this game isnt as close. To many missed tackles due to not wrapping up and instead looking for the big hit. I also think this team lacks a true leader. This team has alot of potential, but right now I dont think they are using it all.

You could not have said it better. If they wrap up, IMO they win by 2 TD. Let me also say that was a very poorly refereed game. Central beat the referee's and Bryan Station.
I am still shocked that this game was this close..I know that B.S. is no pushover..but a win is a win is a win! Congrats Central!
Station had several players already commit to Div. 1 schools and a few others getting D1 looks...congrats to JC....good luck next week.
Congrats JC.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I am still shocked that this game was this close..I know that B.S. is no pushover..but a win is a win is a win! Congrats Central!
Guess you need to see Bryan Station at least one time before you assume something like that. They are both massive and fast.
A big congrats to JC
Congratz to both teams
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Guess you need to see Bryan Station at least one time before you assume something like that. They are both massive and fast.

As they have always been. Its just that Coach Lucas is finally utilizing his size for a formidable running attack. It never made since to me to have a player like Combs last year at BS and have him split out at WR having to rely on a bad QB to get him the ball through the air.
Congrats JC on pulling out a close one. It really doesn't matter if BS is much improved or JC had a bad night, all that matters is that JC found a way to pull it out and that is what good teams do. Nice job!
Welch is impressive
Great TD by Jude. That kid is going to be a big name someday.
When you looked at the line from Bryan Station, they were one of the biggest lines that I have seen on a high school field. They had 4 kids at least 6'5" on the line. The one thing that I think the young QB needs to work on is getting your horse the ball. Richardson came in leading the state in rushing and he only had 10 touches. I know he went out with cramps for a little bit but still he didn't touch the ball very much in the first half.
Thats because JC's defence was on the field most of the 1st half! They ran an interception and a kick off return for a TD; which kept the offence off the field. I think that probably had alot to do with Richardson's cramps.
OutsideLogic Wrote:When you looked at the line from Bryan Station, they were one of the biggest lines that I have seen on a high school field. They had 4 kids at least 6'5" on the line. The one thing that I think the young QB needs to work on is getting your horse the ball. Richardson came in leading the state in rushing and he only had 10 touches. I know he went out with cramps for a little bit but still he didn't touch the ball very much in the first half.
OutsideLogic Wrote:When you looked at the line from Bryan Station, they were one of the biggest lines that I have seen on a high school field. They had 4 kids at least 6'5" on the line. The one thing that I think the young QB needs to work on is getting your horse the ball. Richardson came in leading the state in rushing and he only had 10 touches. I know he went out with cramps for a little bit but still he didn't touch the ball very much in the first half.

Had a lot to do with the way they crashed the line. They were coming hard into the interior gaps, and it confused the young QB. He'll learn how to work around that.
I believe it was #75 who was listed at 6'7" and 320 pounds.
Kayaker Wrote:I agree. Both have tremendous upsides. This Johnson Central team, in my opinion , is as talented if not maybe alittle more than the 2006 team. But they have yet to put a game together that shows it. Bryan Station is a quality opponent but if JC carries out the fundementals this game isnt as close. To many missed tackles due to not wrapping up and instead looking for the big hit. I also think this team lacks a true leader. This team has alot of potential, but right now I dont think they are using it all.

You have got that right Kayaker. JC just cant seem to get it all together on the same night. JC is a very good football team right now. I have to give station credit they came with a strong D. the back was so fast it was amazing. I feel alot like everyone else though JC doesnt tackle well. That is not typical of JC in the past 4 years. The pride is usually the D but they havent been able to consistently stick the back. Station is for real this year and they are going to win alot of games. JC just needs to brush up on the fundamentals right now. The front needs to fight the double team and the D-backs need to make some tackles. They get that straightened out and they will be strong.
Congrats to Johnson Central on the hard fought win.
Pages: 1 2