Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 40 - Bath County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
OK now I'm confused.

Which score is right. This one.

What about the update thread that had it 18 - 14 at the half?
im confused too! haha
FBALL Wrote:OK now I'm confused.

Which score is right. This one.

What about the update thread that had it 18 - 14 at the half?
This one sounds more like but the guys on Greenups station said pburg 18-14 at half so I don't know.
This isn't correct cause Bath was up 8-6 when I was listening to it, I didn't get to guy but I tried to catch what I could on the radio.
Can somebody please get the correct score.:mad:
FBALL Wrote:Can somebody please get the correct score.:mad:
Sorry 40-14
Just spoke to BlackcatAlum and the score was 40-14.
Good job Blackcats
good win blackcats
oldcoach Wrote:Final

THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT SCORE!!! It was 40-14 Prestonsburg
There, I fixed it.

This game was close in the first half with Pburg only winning 18-14. Prestonsburg was beating themselves in the first half though. They showed what they were made of in the 2nd half by scoring 22 unanswered.
Way to go Blackcats!!
Prestonsburg overlooked this team all-week and it showed in the 1st half as Prestonsburg turned the ball over twice on the opening kickoff and on a interception in there own territory. Bath scored on both turnovers but other than that they had problems getting into Blackcat territory.

Prestonsburg come out in the 2nd half and truly showed how good they where. They made plays in the backfield, put pressure on the quarterback and cut out all passing lanes. The Blackcat offense ran all over the Bath's defense with Setser, Meade, and Sword.

If I had to give a player of the game award out to anyone it would be the offensive line and Josh Craynon, who intercepted 2 passes tonight.... Allen who? lol just messing with you Allen.

Congrats Blackcats... bring on Lawrence County!
Congrats Blackcats
congrats Blackcats.
Way to go Blackcats!
Is this one of the better talented groups Coach D. has had ?
I wouldn't say that, but they're probably the best team since '04.
Where is all of the Bath Co. fans that thought Pburg wasnt physical enough to play with them? haha. Congrats Pburg!
People really underestimate the power of Prestonsburg football. Yes, they may look like crap against teams such as Breathitt, Belfry, etc., but they will dominate their weaker district foes. I just can't wait to hear Shelby Valley fans express how badly SV will beat P-burg again this year. We hear it every year, and it's gotten to be pretty funny.
BCF4L Wrote:People really underestimate the power of Prestonsburg football. Yes, they may look like crap against teams such as Breathitt, Belfry, etc., but they will dominate their weaker district foes. I just can't wait to hear Shelby Valley fans express how badly SV will beat P-burg again this year. We hear it every year, and it's gotten to be pretty funny.

BCF4L...

Prestonsburg has done quite well in it's matchups with Breathitt Co., leading the all-time series by a number of games.

The Blackcats have also gotten their share of wins vs. Belfry. Belfry only took the lead in the all-time series in 2004. Some of the best high school football games I've seen anywhere were between these two in 2003 and 2004.

Though you didn't mention them by name, Prestonsburg also has winning all-time records vs. Russell, Lawrence Co., Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, and Paintsville. And I think P-burg is dead even with Pikeville in that series.

That "look like crap" appearance against good teams happens to every team, sooner or later. Paintsville and Pikeville, in particular, have gone through rough stretches the past couple of years...it happens.

Wink