Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 60 - South Floyd 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final
So Paintsville, you got blown out by P-burg and you had to go pour it on a sub-par South Floyd team?

No congrats here.

Good job players, bad coaching decision.
When did Paintsville pull the starters?
PC_You_Know Wrote:So Paintsville, you got blown out by P-burg and you had to go pour it on a sub-par South Floyd team?

No congrats here.

Good job players, bad coaching decision.
Quit taking up for the bad teams. SF should have competed in this game. It's not Paintsville's job to feel sorry for SF. You probably weren't even at this game PC YOU KNOW! Paimtsville is just trying to get better under a new coach and system and it is only week 3 so I don't blame them for the score!
bball fan Wrote:Quit taking up for the bad teams. SF should have competed in this game. It's not Paintsville's job to feel sorry for SF. You probably weren't even at this game PC YOU KNOW! Paimtsville is just trying to get better under a new coach and system and it is only week 3 so I don't blame them for the score!

you get better by playing teams like P-burg and actually scoring, not running plays you know are the money plays and putting up 60 on South Floyd.
PC_You_Know Wrote:you get better by playing teams like P-burg and actually scoring, not running plays you know are the money plays and putting up 60 on South Floyd.

First off, Paintsville DID score against P-burg. Secondly, the JV players scored on South Floyd. Wasn't a bad coaching decision, just good game playing by both varsity and jv players for Paintsville. It could have been a worse score if the coaches wanted to.
Paintsville pulled starters after first drive of second half with the score 41-0...
We agree you only get better by playing better teams, but this was not Coach Kinner's schedule...
SF is in our district and we do have to play them. Our defense even scored on them and a frosh breaks a run for 85 yds and a score in the fourth... we scored 3x's on a running clock.... SF is not as bad as the score would give one to believe, but Paintsville came ready to play SF, they were focused and stayed that way the entire game. So PC... what would you have done differently, brought the middle school... put five guys out on the field.... or tell your guys to "take a dive"?
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Paintsville pulled starters after first drive of second half with the score 41-0...
We agree you only get better by playing better teams, but this was not Coach Kinner's schedule...
SF is in our district and we do have to play them. Our defense even scored on them and a frosh breaks a run for 85 yds and a score in the fourth... we scored 3x's on a running clock.... SF is not as bad as the score would give one to believe, but Paintsville came ready to play SF, they were focused and stayed that way the entire game. So PC... what would you have done differently, brought the middle school... put five guys out on the field.... or tell your guys to "take a dive"?
This isnt soccer Lisa lol

Congrats to the Tigers on a nice win
Okay... here's something to ponder... Our offensive linemen, Tyler Spriggs, Biggun' Hensley, Ricky Hall, Seth Rice, Billy Slone, Corey Sexton, and a few of the interior linemen I am leaving out... DID A FANTASTIC JOB TONIGHT CONTROLING THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE... on boths sides of the line, which set the tone for this game!
On defense, Berry Ward (had a nice pick and return for a TD) Andy Penix had a great game on D, and some big props to a couple of frosh players... Seth Jarrell on a nice pick and return & Trent Burchett, who found a huge hole on the left side and burned the defense for an 85 yd. TD run! I guess I'll let someone else say something now. Nice Job Blue!!
Great job Paintsville good win, SF played horrible, from begining to start. i left at half time. Paintsville came ready to play and hit SF in the mouth and did just that. SF also had alot of injuries, i know of #60 on the line was taken out due to and injury in the 2nd quater and couldnt play, another boy had it shouler pads off and didnt look like he was going back in, and from what i've heard that Howell kid broke his wrist early in the 1st quater. But nice win Paintsville good luck with the rest of your season. SF you let me down.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Okay... here's something to ponder... Our offensive linemen, Tyler Spriggs, Biggun' Hensley, Ricky Hall, Seth Rice, Billy Slone, Corey Sexton, and a few of the interior linemen I am leaving out... DID A FANTASTIC JOB TONIGHT CONTROLING THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE... on boths sides of the line, which set the tone for this game!
On defense, Berry Ward (had a nice pick and return for a TD) Andy Penix had a great game on D, and some big props to a couple of frosh players... Seth Jarrell on a nice pick and return & Trent Burchett, who found a huge hole on the left side and burned the defense for an 85 yd. TD run! I guess I'll let someone else say something now. Nice Job Blue!!

I'll take over for you then

Bottom line, and I wasn't there I'm going on what was said here about starters being pulled after the first drive of 2nd half. If coach was being selective with his play calling, not throwing, just running the ball, what do you expect? Do you think he should have people falling down? Now if he was throwing with that big of a lead that could be another subject. Playing 48 minutes of hard nosed football while trying to get a step ahead for your program is absolutley acceptable. If you want to gripe about playing a sub talented team take it up with your athletic director, I'm sure he handled the contracts for scheduling.
Congrats Tigers! You looked good tonight on just about every aspect of the game.
Wasn't like they were throwing the ball with a 40 point lead like another Floyd Co. team. Paintsville just came to play from the Frosh to the Seniors. Hopefully the Tigers will keep on rollin as the season goes on. Congrats Tigers and Raiders keep ya heads up.
Brugh27 Wrote:I'll take over for you then

Bottom line, and I wasn't there I'm going on what was said here about starters being pulled after the first drive of 2nd half. If coach was being selective with his play calling, not throwing, just running the ball, what do you expect? Do you think he should have people falling down? Now if he was throwing with that big of a lead that could be another subject. Playing 48 minutes of hard nosed football while trying to get a step ahead for your program is absolutley acceptable. If you want to gripe about playing a sub talented team take it up with your athletic director, I'm sure he handled the contracts for scheduling.
Well.... we did throw 1 pass early in the third but it went for like 40 yards and a score.
But were we up 40 at that time?
Extremely disappointed in SF effort, Paintsville set tone in 1st quarter with some big plays and big hits. SF did not respond, layed down and looked like a grade school team. I have a couple of gripes- first of all , paintsville gets away with numerous groin shots on the night and SF gets penalized for even looking as if they would respond, second of all, SF coaching staff let your kids down- you have to stand up and be there for your kids, especially when you see these things happen- not stand on the side and then berate your kids for trying to protect themselves. Paintsville wanted this one much more than the Raiders and flat took it, but not impressed with some things I saw on the field, but I imagine that some of those things will come back to bite you later in the season.
PC you didn't complain when the SV Wildcats whipped up on East Ridge in week one. Sometimes there are times when you can not control that, after putting the jv in and having a running clock to?....hey, it happens. The worst thing a coach could do is tell his team not to play.....and it sounds as if his team really didn't get enough work if they were out after the first drive in the second half....

Congrats to Paintsville.
Great game tigers, I watched this game and i thought it would be a different score but SF played like they was terrified of paintsville....#9 for paintsville best player I have watched this year..
Some one please remind me what the yellow flags are for again...!
SF did have a bad game not like the team from the last 3 they had. But please...when you have 4-5 players go down and a few end up in the ER what gives? But from what i seen from the sideline hitting "below" the belt has become a great move for the tigers. So here is fair warning to the teams left on the tigers schedule...wear an extra cup and keep your backs covered for the late hits that the refs seem to always miss :confused: :ChairHit: BTW...a running clock? I don't think so.
Yea SF got it handed to them tonight. Paintsville was ready and there is no question about that. They did score on SF with a running clock. Paintsville played very hard, not clean but hard never the less. But hey thats football. Good win tigers, Raiders you got a lot of work to do.
i'm very disappointed with the raiders, its like when paintsville got up big they just climbed into a dark hole an hid the rest of the game. paintsville did take alot of cheap shots i must say but that's their type of game play i guess. I heard that Howell kid broke a bone in his rest don't know if theres any truth to that or not.
wow, i wonder how Paintsville would feel if a team did this to them? But nevertheless congrats on the win SF has been tough in the past years. Hwo did Tyler Deaton do? Any stats?
qbdad2011 Wrote:wow, i wonder how Paintsville would feel if a team did this to them? But nevertheless congrats on the win SF has been tough in the past years. Hwo did Tyler Deaton do? Any stats?

Do you not recall Prestonsburg slapping 54 points on the board against the Tigers 2 weeks ago? And Pburg threw for 2 of those scores in the second half while up 40 points. So the do Tigers know what it feels like.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:Yea SF got it handed to them tonight. Paintsville was ready and there is no question about that. They did score on SF with a running clock. Paintsville played very hard, not clean but hard never the less. But hey thats football. Good win tigers, Raiders you got a lot of work to do.
During Paintsville's first kick-off A Raider spit on one of our players......Now that is clean!
Didn't want to bring it up, but I can't help but laugh at pots calling kettles black! Maybe SF needs to learn that certain cheap shots might hurt a little more than others.
Not trying to be mean here, just pointing out that SF ain't angels.
Congrats Tigers...
Congrats Paintsville, :closed:
Congrats Paintsville
congrats Paintsville....SF u let me down...i talked to Howell last night after the game and he said that he may have broke his wrist/hand...Paintsville played hard the whole game but dirty at that and whenever SF tried to do something they got penalized for it ex. when # 23 got pushed in the back by paintsville after they got a TD and to beat it all the ref stood and watched the entire thing happen and did nothing...and also # 14 for the raiders got hit in the back while trying to make a tackle and dislocated his shoulder...but anyway congrats P-ville and better luck next week SF
Well I know of one instance when The tigers got an interception and was running it up the left side line, and one of our players were walking to our sidelines(on the right) and he got blind sided. There is no sense in that. And lord forbid that a raider be on the bottom of a pile without him getting his ankle twisted, or a shot in the gut, or their family jewels pinched. Yea SF might be dirty, but it dose not even compare to how dirty the tigers are. But like I said, hey thats football.
http://www.myplays.us/paintsville_home/index.htm

Some shots from last nights game.
Pages: 1 2 3